Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (28130 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Opinionated: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri is located in the heart of Igboland in Eastern Nigeria. It is the capital of Owerri and one of the most tourists friendly state in that part of the country. As Easter beckons on us, so many people will be searching for destinations to visit and getaway. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency recommend that you include Owerri to your Itinerary. We share reasons why you visit Owerri during Easter.

You can fly to Owerri as they have the Sam Mbakwe Airport which is about 14 miles (23 km) south of the city. That is if you do not want to go by road.

There is so much to do

You must have heard about the statue of Jesus Christ in Imo State. It was modelled like the statue of Jesus Christ in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. It is located at St. Aloysius Catholic Parish, Abajah and it has a height of 28ft. You can check out the statue. Besides the statue, you have the Oguta lake, Nekede Zoo, Owerri Amusement park, and Mbari Cultural and Arts Centre among others

It is inexpensive

You don’t need to break the bank to travel to Owerri. It is inexpensive to explore the many tourist attractions in the state. It is devoid of all the shenanigans of a typical city like Lagos. In fact, you can book a hotel for as low as 3,000. Wow!

Owerri is always animated during Easter

For Igbos who didn’t travel home in December, Easter is the only opportunity they have to go see his/her people. Hence, Owerri during Easter, Owerri is bubbly and lively and their hospitality and warmth won’t allow you to return to your abode.

Tasty Meals

The gastronomic endowments of Owerri are one of the best in South East Nigeria. You will salivate when they serve you the indigenous Ofe Owerri. This is the most widely eaten soup in Owerri and it is usually eaten alongside Akpu. Just ask a local to take you to the best restaurant in town for you to have a taste of this soup. You will lick your plate. In fact, without tasting this soup; your visit to Owerri is incomplete.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-reasons-visit-owerri-easter/

13 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by jnrbayano(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
How can you just leave out the most important reason (as bragged about by a good number of Owerri guys) eyes should turn to Owerri this Easter?

Arabanko!

...with girls/babes in the centre of it....

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by igbsam(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
Na to visit ukwu mango!

9 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Dannieln1: 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
[/quote]
Opinionated:
Owerri is located in the heart of Igboland in Eastern Nigeria. It is the capital of OWERRI and one of the most tourists friendly state in that part of the country. As Easter beckons on us, so many people will be searching for destinations to visit and getaway. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency recommend that you include Owerri to your Itinerary. We share reasons why you visit Owerri during Easter.

owerri capital of owerri grin grin who was ur geography teacher pls

Happy easter to you all

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by metrosexual: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
The only thing Owerri is known for its the rise of prostitution and cultism.

Especially prostitution, young and old are into it, you would be surprised to see a woman as old as your mum touching you and saying she wants to spend a night with you, I was shocked when I experienced this!

Then the young ladies are so into it too. The University students take it as a prerequisite course or something grin

The boom business in Owerri is building and owing hotels/motels and you should know why this is so.

For me, the place to be in Igboland is Enugu!

Perfect city! Affordable, clean place, nice road network, efficient inter-city transportation, well-planned city.

The first time I visited Enugu I was wowed! A 5k hotel in Enugu is up the standard of a 15K hotel in Abuja/Port Harcourt/Lagos.

And if your eyes love to see those fair and lovely skinned beautiful Igbo girls with natural beauty, you would see a lot of them in Enugu as well grin

Enugu still has lots of fun place to go to, I never knew they even had GAME stores in Enugu.

Enugu rocks! I would go there every weekend if I can!

82 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by stefanweeks: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Story
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by dy27(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Goahead(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
You will salivate when they serve you the indigenous Ofe Owerri.
Ofe Owerri is an illusive idiom, used to express how foods are expensive in Owerri. There's nothing like ofe Owerri, Imolites can attest to my humble submission.

21 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by bazzyblings: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
shocked

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Chimexis10: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri is rubbish.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by maclatunji: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Passed through Orlu once, missed Owerri.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Dmec(m): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Opinionated:
Owerri is located in the heart of Igboland in Eastern Nigeria. It is the capital of Owerri

What do you mean by saying that Owerri is the capital of Owerri

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by romeoetin(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lie lie op

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by stanway(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
owerri the pride of eastern nigeria,,,igbo amaka

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by jnrbayano(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
maclatunji:
Passed through Orlu once, missed Owerri.

Passed once and missing it?

Confess what you miss..
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by coolshegs10(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri is the capital of Owerri... Is the OP high? Someone should test him with a tester embarassed.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Ppresh2017(f): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Making 30k weekly can Help you take care of the cost. See my signature.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by kenbee(f): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ala ngwori

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by fergie001: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Which Owerri?
The one dey kill people like fowl,
Abeg,u said Owerri is inexpensive?
In this period of Easter,we should keep our body and mind clean,pls

Now its 2 deadly,if kidnappers dont find you,armed robbers will find u,or ukwu nwanyi-owerri will send u to aladinma.
If u get car,get Maney,I mean maney,pipe low oooo,am tired of typing RIP

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by champagnepapi01: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Chimexis10:
Owerri is rubbish.

Eyaahh... I understand that feeling, next time when asking an owerri girl out make sure you got some "Benjamins" witcha, and you must be on wheels too. grin

15 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by themosthigh: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Visit Owerri so that vampires and his boys will kidnap and kill me even after we paid ransom.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by maclatunji: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
jnrbayano:

Passed once and missing it?

Confess what you miss..

I mean I missed seeing Owerri.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by praisekeyzz(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Am comin let me take bike.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Ruggedpen: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
op must u lie to prove ur lie which hotel is 3k in owerri ?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by iamVirus(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
No be the Owerri I dey so? No food & Salary here man!

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by tstx(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
OWERRI WEY CRIMINALS FULL EVERYWHERE

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by phynofino: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri is cool

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by fpeter(f): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
YeebosAreFools:
I should come to owerri so you Igbos they doesn't know anything than money ritual can kidnap me right?

I jump and and pass! So something about your brothers pushing drugs to Indonesia for quick money overnight first!

- Owerri is known for prostitution

- Owerri is known for ritual killings

- Igbos are know for drug trafficking [/b][/color]

Sorry....

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by MrWhite007(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
Op based on logistics you should be renamed lai Linus Lion King ...Owerri is a place where your pockets could be drained, people go there because of cheap cougars, bad roads especially during raining season and to round high level of INSECURITY embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics) / 20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.