Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (688934 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CapedBaldy: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
nani667:
Training with Kakashi and Sasgay...
never watching this again
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
CapedBaldy:

never watching this again
bet
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
I see a lot of love for Chainsaw Man and Jujutsu Kaisen on this board and of course it's well-deserved. Chainsaw Man is edgy and unpredictable and Jujutsu Kaisen is consistently unique in its execution of established shōnen tropes.

But what about Jump+'s Jigokuraku? I'm of the opinion that this manga is criminally overlooked.

Jigokuraku follows the story of 12? (I'm no longer sure of the number) condemned criminals in feudal Japan who are each paired with an asaemon (executioner) and tasked to travel to a strange island in order to find the elixir of life in exchange for their freedom. All previous expeditions to the island have failed, with the voyagers either never coming back or coming back as corpses that have been partially transformed into trees.

Our characters arrive on this island of horrors and are greeted by all sorts of mysterious monsters and creatures. The reader slowly learns more about the island along with the different groups as they discover more about the world around them. We slowly learn more about the characters and their motivations as the story goes on. It's worth noting that every character is treated with some level of care.

However, that doesn't mean that this manga is afraid of dropping bodies. Established characters are picked off left and right. Save for a few main characters, nobody seems safe from death and the fights have consequences.

Not to knock on Chainsaw Man but unlike Chainsaw Man, Jigokuraku generally doesn't use character deaths for shock value (not that there's anything wrong with shock value). Character deaths are used to both conclude the arcs of the characters getting killed off and to advance the arcs of their friends and allies by creating new motivations.

I'm about 45 chapters in and it's pretty dope. U definitely recommend it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
Tabasco23:
soul society west was written on the building, at the end of episode 3 it wrote BLEACH what other comparison do you need
How a shared universe works is that elements of each environment are depicted in the other's environment. In this case, an easter egg alluding to the western branch/office/quarters of the Soul Society being situated in Reverse London. We'll see how that plays out as the show progresses.
Where did you download your episodes from? Mine had no "Bleach" written at the end, so I can't fully comment on this.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2020
nani667:
lipsrsealed
None... Everyone here is more powerful than the 3 legendary sannin combined.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 12:18am On Oct 06, 2020
nani667:
Is this going to be a world trigger remake?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2020
nani667:
Episode 1... Best OP MC returns
the incest anime?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 12:25am On Oct 06, 2020
famep:

1Tokyo ghoul
2 date a live
3 overlord
4 your lie in April
5 death note
6 konosuba
7 assassination classroom
8 pokemon
9 yu gi ho
10 my hero academia
11 highschool dxd
12 no game no life
14 b geta h kai
15 quintessential quintuplutes
16 your name
13 is kiznaiver
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 06, 2020
Kaycee7:
How a shared universe works is that elements of each environment are depicted in the other's environment. In this case, an easter egg alluding to the western branch/office/quarters of the Soul Society being situated in Reverse London. We'll see how that plays out as the show progresses.
Where did you download your episodes from? Mine had no "Bleach" written at the end, so I can't fully comment on this.
at the ending of episode 3 when it shows burn the witch, the next thing shown is the burn the witch sign will change into bleach
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Tabasco23:
at the ending of episode 3 when it shows burn the witch, the next thing shown is the burn the witch sign will change into bleach
Hmmmmmm! Now I get why you made that statement. Peace!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Shinra getting pounded... Again...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Is there any show out there with better world building and timelines than One Piece

https://thelibraryofohara.com/the-one-piece-timeline/

Check this link...if you are not amazed...

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by hitsugaya: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
Baddestguyp:
Is there any show out there with better world building and timelines than One Piece

boku no pico cheesy
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Episode 1.... Horror + Loli

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by kutiman00: 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
CoolUsername:

You need to keep the bloodline pure
Yes!...you understand...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by kutiman00: 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
CoolUsername:
I see a lot of love for Chainsaw Man and Jujutsu Kaisen on this board and of course it's well-deserved. Chainsaw Man is edgy and unpredictable and Jujutsu Kaisen is consistently unique in its execution of established shōnen tropes.

But what about Jump+'s Jigokuraku? I'm of the opinion that this manga is criminally overlooked.

Jigokuraku follows the story of 12? (I'm no longer sure of the number) condemned criminals in feudal Japan who are each paired with an asaemon (executioner) and tasked to travel to a strange island in order to find the elixir of life in exchange for their freedom. All previous expeditions to the island have failed, with the voyagers either never coming back or coming back as corpses that have been partially transformed into trees.

Our characters arrive on this island of horrors and are greeted by all sorts of mysterious monsters and creatures. The reader slowly learns more about the island along with the different groups as they discover more about the world around them. We slowly learn more about the characters and their motivations as the story goes on. It's worth noting that every character is treated with some level of care.

However, that doesn't mean that this manga is afraid of dropping bodies. Established characters are picked off left and right. Save for a few main characters, nobody seems safe from death and the fights have consequences.

Not to knock on Chainsaw Man but unlike Chainsaw Man, Jigokuraku generally doesn't use character deaths for shock value (not that there's anything wrong with shock value). Character deaths are used to both conclude the arcs of the characters getting killed off and to advance the arcs of their friends and allies by creating new motivations.

I'm about 45 chapters in and it's pretty dope. U definitely recommend it.

Jigokuraku is awesome...I've been holding my breath waiting for an anime announcement (hopefully it happens in this December's jump festa) and also hoping not to get a shitty adaptation that'll make the manga even more overlooked...
PS: i see you just got past a really hyped moment, well it keeps getting better so look forward to the next 50+ chapters...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
kutiman00:

Jigokuraku is awesome...I've been holding my breath waiting for an anime announcement (hopefully it happens in this December's jump festa) and also hoping not to get a shitty adaptation that'll make the manga even more overlooked...
PS: i see you just got past a really hyped moment, well it keeps getting better so look forward to the next 50+ chapters...

I'm also hoping for an anime announcement. However, I heard on reddit that because it is free to read on Jump's website, volume sales have taken a hit. Making an anime adaptation unlikely.

I can't confirm how true this is, though.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
nani667:
Shinra getting pounded... Again...

Interesting choice of words.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Episode 1.... Isekai.. OP MC... The usual

1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Jujutsu kaisen....only one episode, and that was it! Wetin happen?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Mark23(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2020
donwizzy7:
Jujutsu kaisen....only one episode, and that was it! Wetin happen?
The next episode airs on Friday.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by kutiman00: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2020
CoolUsername:

I'm also hoping for an anime announcement. However, I heard on reddit that because it is free to read on Jump's website, volume sales have taken a hit. Making an anime adaptation unlikely.

I can't confirm how true this is, though.
it's was among the top selling titles of jump last year it sold just under 1 million copies and it has over 2.5 million copies in print...there are jump titles who got adaptations at less than that so I think it's fine...
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2020
°°

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello guys.

Golden Kamuy season 3 Episode 1 is out!

Noblese Episode 1 is also out!

Start downloading now and enjoy.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
Episode 1... Kami and airplanes..

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
nani667:
Episode 1... Kami and airplanes..
why do u like lame animes so much guy?

You'd go through all d wahala of downloading (wasting MB) and watching and end up rating it 6.5 over 10 when even before u started, u knew it was trash you were watching.

Nawa ooooo!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by JUHABACH: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
Baddestguyp:

Hunter x Hunter
Full metal alchemist
Attack on Titan
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
JUHABACH:

Hunter x Hunter
Full metal alchemist
Attack on Titan
Worldbuilding, fam. Worldbuilding.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
AOT update: it seems one if the reasons WIT dropped attack on titan was because it's production was hellish, and there was a lot of time crunch. They tried to pass it on to other studios but none were willing to take the job. It was only MAPPA that said they would conaider it. From what we have seen of them this year, i thin they will not disappoint

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/attack-on-titan-season-4-anime-studio-mappa-wit/

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by JUHABACH: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kaycee7:
Worldbuilding, fam. Worldbuilding.

i know what world building means bruh
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
CoolUsername:

You need to keep the bloodline pure
And amplify genetic defects.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (753) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.