Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them (64387 Views)

Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Agumbankembu: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
I cant remember which game featured this location. Either call of duty or medal of Honor.. Can someone pls remind me?

Call of duty.

3 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by ikp120(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned aircraft at David Monthan Airfield, Arizona, USA.

This is the world’s largest airplane boneyard, where the previous aircraft bodies from the Marines, the Navy, the US Army and the Coast Guard now ‘lay to rest’ for scrapping, recycling or historical purpose.

See free private jets everywhere.

They should allow Aba boys handle those machines na. Chai, una wicked indeed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Lilymax(f): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

fvck the drama
Wanna break my Loc out
Something is obviously wrong somewhere with u.
If u want to post pics of guns, open a thread and stop quoting me.
angry

4 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by afezy110(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
I cant remember which game featured this location. Either call of duty or medal of Honor.. Can someone pls remind me?
i think it's call of duty or battlefield 4.. I've forgotten sef. buh thinking call of duty sha

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by ikp120(m): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Na ludo game grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by neocortex: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
There is one particular story building along pH road Owerri, the owner of the building has died but changed his location and started building the massive house, unknown him one day he visited the site to pay his workers unfortunately one his Kins men who knows of his demise met him face to face and called his name, the moment he sighted him the man disappeared, that was how that building was abandoned till now. Even government doesn't even go near the building, explorer come and see it yourself.

Never believe all those third-party stories, they were made up to create unnecessary fear
in the minds of unsuspecting people.
Ghosts don't exist let alone build houses.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nickizoe(f): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned Movie Theatre, Detroit, Michigan

Detroit was once a thriving city, but after the fall of the motor industry, Detroit was left in shambles.

This beautifully designed movie theatre was one of many places that were left to abandonment, leaving behind a chilling reminder of how great this city once was.
Are you sure is not that building in Triple X movie 2017 xender cage

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Kaslino(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Folksyharry:

If it's Nigeria people will still live there o. They will not mind building collapse. People live in wooden houses in the creeks so this one will be like living in a GRA.

i think abandonment wasn't due to any structural defect but due to the world recession of that year.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nickizoe(f): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Pripyat, Ukraine.

The city of Pripyat was established in Ukraine, close to the border of Belarus on Feb. 4th 1970 as a Soviet nuclear city.

It was a residential to the workers who worked in the nearby Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

But in 1986, the nuclear power plant faced a disaster, more popularly known as the Chernobyl Disaster of 1986, which led to the evacuation of the entire city.

Priypat, thus, remains a radioactive ghost city haunted by the nightmares of that dreadful night.
The second picture reminds me of a scene in a movie The girl with all the Gifts...lol

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Explorers(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2017
Sirheny007:
Nice work from Listverse.com
I discovered that site 3 years ago...
for people who are interested in the wierd, creepy and paranormal..

Not listverse bro, i visit the site though.

4 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Lilymax(f): 11:31am On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

If you don't to be seeing pictures of guns then you stop quoting,

I'll keep posting pix of guns till I lose my breath
I don't have time for this, get a job
#swerve

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nickizoe(f): 11:31am On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Church of the Ghosts, Lukova, Czech Republic.

Located in the northwestern Bohemia town of Luková, the ‘Church of Nine Ghosts’ first fell into disrepair after the ceiling caved in during a funeral service in 1968.

Locals took that as a bad omen, and boarded up the 14th century structure, holding services outside instead.

But many residents saw the church as an important part of the town’s history, and wanted to see it restore.

A local artist placed eerie phantoms in the church to bring attention to the spirit of the church, creating a haunting experience for those who go to visit.
This guy most be a great artist.... That's cool..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by JackieChan01: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2017
Lilymax:

Something is obviously wrong somewhere with u.
If u want to post pics of guns, open a thread and stop quoting me.
angry
you look forkable kiss
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
call of duty 4 mordern warfare and also briefly in call of duty black ops

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Explorers(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
There is one particular story building along pH road Owerri, the owner of the building has died but changed his location and started building the massive house, unknown him one day he visited the site to pay his workers unfortunately one his Kins men who knows of his demise met him face to face and called his name, the moment he sighted him the man disappeared, that was how that building was abandoned till now. Even government doesn't even go near the building, explorer come and see it yourself.

lols.....ok, am coming.

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Lilymax(f): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2017
JackieChan01:

you look forkable kiss
I assure u that I am able to use forks,spoons, knives and any sort of cutlery tongue
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by sylve11: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2017
neocortex:

Never believe all those third-party stories, they were made up to create unnecessary fear

are you kidding me saying ghosts don't exist? cool
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by nkemdi89(f): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2017
neocortex:

That house is in site, and I trust the governor he would have acquired it long ago.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Defaramade(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers, always on point cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nickizoe(f): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2017
Nice work OP...but most of this pictures reminds of of some scenes in a horror movies have seen...mostly similar...
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by JackieChan01: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Lilymax:

I assure u that I am able to use forks,spoons, knives and any sort of cutlery tongue
Nope i mean banging bangable as in sexy tongue
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Austinio: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
Are you talking abt d abandoned NEPA building near nipost office

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

fvck the drama
Wanna break my Loc out
bro u av forgotten ur pills again...please go and take dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Lilymax(f): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2017
JackieChan01:

Nope i mean banging bangable as in sexy tongue
OK, thank you
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Cod

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2017
nkemdi89:
Wait, what?! for real

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:55am On Apr 11, 2017
GodSucks:

It no longer works,
thought as much perhaps u shud try the permanent cure..the lagoon u appear determined though wouldn't expect to see u embarrassing ur generation again here ok?
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Talk2Bella(f): 11:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Sirheny007:
Nice work from Listverse.com I discovered that site 3 years ago... for people who are interested in the wierd, creepy and paranormal..

one of my best sites
discovered it 2013 or so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mark Babatunde Living In Russia’s Yakutia, Cold Village, Shares Photos / Tipper Driver Disappears From Accident Scene In Abuja (photo) / World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.