Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,051 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less (22178 Views)

Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make / CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints / Five Reasons Your Business Needs A POS Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
We all have goals and aspirations that we constantly work towards. Nobody was taught how to dream, it is an innate ability within every human. But even though everyone has a dream, very few become a reality. Most goals suddenly change into the “if only...” statements. This is because every goal has to be tested by opposition and hurdles.

However, a wise man once said, “What holds us back is hardly what confronts us. Instead, it is what is within us”. This means what prevents people from living their dreams is not the situation they are faced with but because of certain things they did not deal with on their inside. Likewise in business, harsh economic weather among other things is rarely why businesses fail or never get started. The business person builds the business. The strength of the business is therefore dependent on his personality (the kind of person he has developed himself to be). It is therefore logical that he works on himself first!

Here are five reasons people settle for less rather than pursue their goals.

1. Fear:

Fear is unarguably the first on the list. Fear is a natural instinct that is implanted in humans to keep us away from danger. Unfortunately, it has become a restriction because very few people have learned to master it. Many people avoid starting a business because they are scared it will fail. But there are many businesses that started from the scratch and did not fail.

To handle your fear, you have to learn to stop running away from what looks scary. Do the things that make you afraid. Start with the little ones on the list and build your courage from the successes you record. Constantly reaffirm to yourself that what you feel is the usual feeling people have when they are trying out a new terrain. With time, you’d get familiar with it too.

2. Excuses:

This ranks second on the list. An excuse is a convenient way for us to absolve ourselves of the blame for a situation by implicating others. We declare that we are innocent and spotless while we point to others or things as the culprits of whatever happen to us. Interestingly, excuses are so cheap that everyone can pull one out of their pocket at a moment’s notice. You can literally have an excuse right now for something you can do but which you don’t want to. The fact here is that excuses are signs of failure. Hardly does anybody give an excuse for success.

To conquer habit of excuses, you have to remind yourself that you are responsible for everything around you. Constantly make decisions with the notion that you will not entertain any reason for failure.

3. Dependence:

Depending on others may work for a moment but the disappointment it will bring when expectations are not met can be massive. People have their lives to live and are not shareholders of your life. It is therefore strange to believe that they will take up your issue as their responsibility. Dependence robs you of your own initiative and power to change your own life.

To conquer dependence, all you need is quit and get busy for yourself. Quit waiting for that uncle of yours. Quit waiting for your distant relative. Quit waiting for the government. You have two hands like they do! Take control of your life and consciously mold it to your desired shape rather than leaving it to others.

4. Ignorance:

Nothing is as rampant among a group of people as ignorance. It is like bad breath. Hardly will the individual know it except he is told by others. This explains why people flaunt their ignorance with pride. Ignorance simply implies that you do not have enough and correct information. The best way to spot your ignorance is to know when what you know is not working.
To overcome ignorance, it is a noble habit that you constantly seek enough information before you take any step. Invest in books. Surf the web. Consult with the experts in the field.

5. Procrastination:

Procrastination is leaving till tomorrow what you can do right now. Procrastination shifts responsibilities to create room for convenience today and overload tomorrow. The problem with procrastinating is that it robs you of the gift of time which it would have taken to execute another idea. It also increases the pressure that you will face tomorrow. It is a way of straining your tomorrow even before you step into it.

To overcome procrastination, you need to realize that you lose the effectiveness of result of everything you postpone. Make up your mind to start immediately whatever it is that you have planned. Begin the project now. Start the business now. Remind yourself of the need to live in the present by instructing yourself to “do it now”.

Ultimately, it lies in your hands to what extent you want to succeed. The power to decide how far you want to go is not in the hands of fate but your hands. In the words of Marjaan Saddiq, “fate only wins when you acknowledge defeat”. Refuse to settle for less. Dare for more. Conquer yourself and nothing shall be too big for you to defeat.

Join Me And Other Nairalanders To Learn The Personal Secret Step I Used In Affiliate Marketing To Make N225, 000 in A Single Week at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
See What Some Of Those That Have Learn About My Affiliate Marketing Strategies Are Saying

leppyj:
Just got the affliiate jagaban pack,from importexpert (a man with heart of gold). Importexpert is trusted and tested since the days of mini importation till now. I know he will not dissapoint as usual.

MasterRahl:
I have bought the e-book and I must say it is quite revealing. It was delivered straight to my e-mail in PDF immediately I paid for it. I shaall start practicing what I've read in it this year. Procrastination is the thief of time.
By the way, I'll contact you if I have any challenge. Good work ImportExpert. cool

echobazz:
Jagaban I really admire your e-book,The cost of acquiring the e-book is no where near the content in it.Thanks for your support.

IsaacBuchi:

A lot of people dont appreciate when they are given gold. Some people are narrow minded...some refuse to think out-of-the-box. This guy has released in his ebook all you need to use your brain. I was shocked at the powerful content of the ebook. Every Nigerian deserves to read that gaddamn book. That book has the power to take half of Nigeria's population out of poverty.

This guyz ebook is a gold for Nigerians, I can testify to it- I bought the book. His ebook kept me glued in a chair for over an hour in a stretch- I was reading non-stop...amazed at how someone in Nigeria can release such a powerful idea that alot of people want to hide (and know only themselves).

This guyz ebook saves you years of trial an error. He takes you right past through to the main things. With his ebook, I dont see what should stop anybody ever again in Nigeria from doing and succeeding in online business. He has done the thinking for you, he has done the errors for you.

This guy is a blessing from heaven...this guy is gold...this guy is more of what Nigerians need...this guy is more than a master....this guy has love in his heart (through love indeed....i can vouch for this guy, over and over and over again.)

So please dont come hear to make comment and say "he is selling books of 3000naira". How much did you expect the book to be before. The book is worth over 50,000naira. If he tells you to pay 50k, can you pay it? How much is Facebook advert? $5 (what will Zuckberg do with $5?).

You should understand that he has created something of value out of a loving heart, he definitly should get some credit or reward. He is simply making money from doing what he loves. So why the side talk?

He is simply practicing what he preach- he is making money online. Something you can not do, something you dont know how to do...and he is willing to teach you for just 3000naira and you are complaining and thinking he wants to extort from you- because he ask you to pay him what he rightly deserves (absolutely crazy kind of thinking). But you will still be the same person to go to Night Clubs and spend 20,000naira in one night (invest in the right things). Some people just sit and watch success pass them by and later the begin to wonder why they are poor.

Please, I have said enough. If you are not interested in online means of earning a living, please, and please do not discourage others from taking a right step.

No hard feelings...just trying to correct you.

wonderiyke:
I have equally gotten mine. I got it within 1hr of completing the instructions in the sale site & contacting the Jagaban on phone. The book is quite revealing. I'm doing my best to comprehend. I wish the Jagaban could also do a video that can still be affordable for us.

wonderiyke:

Wow! I'm really blown away by your passion to see people succeed. Thanks bro and may your light burn even brighter this 2017. Happy new year.

You Can See My Secret Strategies At www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html . .
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ikp120(m): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
Frustration and discouragement:
Imagine if Buhari had gotten discouraged and quit fighting and hustling for presidency, after he had failed to make it for at least 3 consecutive times, he would have ended up settling for less.

Oya go and continue hustling. Remember to send me my commission for my motivational speech cool cool cool cool

#AllTheWayUp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by hahn(m): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
6. NEPA

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Divay22(f): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Your village people tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by kayultimate(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
how much for the ebook

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by watered(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Watching too much of nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
When u still have Wenger as ur manager

5 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
I will never settle for less

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by realestniggah: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
oga you cant always get want you want
if you won soak garri and you no get sugar
use salt

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ychris: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
ikp120:
Imagine if Buhari had gotten discouraged and quit fighting and hustling for presidency, after he had failed to make it for at least 3 consecutive times, he would have ended up settling for less.

Oya go and continue hustling. Remember to send me my commission for my motivational speech cool cool cool cool

#AllTheWayUp
even to contest 4 president nw nah hustle? bro na only rich man pikin fit sch. 4 redeemer.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Rapmoney(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nice post. We need more stuffs like this.

cool

I came here!
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by queenbetsy(f): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
true talk...
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by nabegibeg: 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
importexpert:
importexpert:

as usual nothing sensible to contribute

using dots to represents level of intelligence & literacy

grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by lonelydora: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
Many people settle for less because they don't want to leave their comfort zone

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Phaymostip(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
These re no option...

#Limitless
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Zdoh(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
We BUY and SELL skrill,neteller,paypal (fiverr,upwork,iwriter,freelancer,etc),bitcoin and payoneer at good rate.....come to us now Mobile/Whatsapp. ...08088759163.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by olastrange(m): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Word
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by RealHaute: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
My name is not Most People! My name is ....Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! You almost got me there.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
ikp120:

#AllTheWayUp

ok bro, i will surely like your post. that is my comission
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by princepaul20(m): 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
ALL THIS WRITE UP'S JUST TO SELL E-BOOKS. NO PROBLEM CONTINUE.NA BIz.

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
hahn:
6. NEPA

undecided

hahhhh. bro that is a serious problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Divay22:
Your village people tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hahhhh are they following you? if yes what have they done so far? grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
kayultimate:
how much for the ebook

kindly refer to www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html longest time bro?
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
watered:
Watching too much of nollywood movies

seconded bro. i just pray that you are not a victim of watching too many nollywood movies.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
realestniggah:
oga you cant always get want you want

if you won soak garri and you no get sugar

use salt

well said bro.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
ychris:
even to contest 4 president nw nah hustle? bro na only rich man pikin fit sch. 4 redeemer.

bro working smart is the way out.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Rapmoney:
Nice post. We need more stuffs like this.

cool

I came here!

thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
queenbetsy:
true talk...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Setting Up A Provision Store / Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.