Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k (50161 Views)

Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery / Prostitute Fights Mopol Officer Who Refused To Pay Her In Lekki (Photos) / Bricklayer Rapes Wife’s Nine-year-old Sister In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by dre11(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
An Igbosere Magistrates Court in Lagos on Tuesday remanded a 40- year -old bricklayer, Edet Imoh, in prison, charged with raping a sex worker.

Imoh is facing a two - count charge of unlawful sexual intercourse and stealing.

The prosecutor, Sgt. Nicholas Akpene , told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 11 at 2. 30a. m . on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos .

He said the accused raped the sex worker ( name withheld) and also stole her property.

Akpene listed items stolen by the accused as a BlackBerry Passport phone valued at N 145, 000 and a Nokia phone valued at N 12, 000, totaling N 157, 000.

“The accused agreed to pay N 40, 000 to the sex worker but failed to do so.

“ Instead of taking the sex worker to a hotel as the accused promised, he raped her on the road and also tried to strangle her. ”

The offences contravened sections 260 and 286 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State , 2015.

The offence of rape carries life imprisonment.
The accused pleaded innocence of the offences.

The Magistrate , Mr . J . O . Adepoju , granted the accused bail in the sum of N 200, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

She said the sureties should be gainfully employed and also show evidence of tax payment to the Lagos State Government.

The accused was, however, remanded in Ikoyi prison pending the perfection of his bail.

The magistrate adjourned the case until May 16 for mention.

http://punchng.com/bricklayer-reneges-on-n40000-service-charge-rapes-prostitute/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by dingbang(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
40k to gbensh ?? And she expected him to give her dat money grin

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
dingbang:
40k to gbensh ?? And she expected him to give her dat money grin
don't be insensitive

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
don't be insensitive
To?

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

To?
if you can't deduce that from my comment,then I'm sorry,I can't teach you how to read and comprehend.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by Davash222(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
don't be insensitive
Not justifying the rape, but can you Bleep ashawo for 40k

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Davash222:

Not justifying the rape, but can you Bleep ashawo for 40k
so you don't support rape but you support cheating people you have agreement with and raping them.

15 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by Davash222(m): 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
so you support cheating people you have agreement with?
In every commercial business there is always a clause 'Caveat Emptor'.

The guy used the lady's greediness to commit the crime.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
if you can't deduce that from my comment,then I'm sorry,I can't teach you how to read and comprehend.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
Davash222:

In every commercial business there is always a clause 'Caveat Emptor'.

The guy used the lady's greediness to commit the crime.
caveat does not apply here.

caveat emptor /ˌkavɪat ˈɛmptɔː/
noun
the principle that the buyer alone is
responsible for checking the quality and
suitability of goods before a purchase is
made.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
caveat does not apply here.

caveat emptor /ˌkavɪat ˈɛmptɔː/
noun
the principle that the buyer alone is
responsible for checking the quality and
suitability of goods before a purchase is
made.
Stop lying up and down.... How do you rape a prostitute?

28 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
[quote author=SmartchoicesNG post=55479200][/quote]

7 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
[quote author=vcente post=55479355][/quote]
Excuse me... You are deficient in logic

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Stop lying up and down.... How do you rape a prostitute?
are you trying to imply that there was no rape?read section 237 of the criminal code,for the definition of rape

16 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Excuse me... You are deficient in logic
I don't know where you lost your humanity but I still have mine

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:
I don't know where you lost your humanity but I still have mine
I put it to you that there was no rape or theft.... Unless you are the prostitute involved..

3 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

I put it to you that there was no rape or theft.... Unless you are the prostitute involved..
"he who alleges must prove"
prove to me that she was not raped.
unless you were the bricklayer involved.

25 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by SmartchoicesNG: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
vcente:

"he who alleges must prove"
prove to me that she was not raped.
unless you were the bricklayer involved.
She alleged. And yes you have carried the matter like ojota gala ... Prove it! How were you raped?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by vcente(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

She alleged. And yes you have carried the matter like ojota gala ... Prove it! How were you raped?
as the rapist why don't you go and pay for your bail. don't you make enough from bricklaying?

19 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by ekems2017(f): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ewo! !!! How much does he make in a day that he promise to pay 40k and the olosho no even access the man to see wether him get that kind money. Immediately she hear 40k her sense go sleep.

13 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by damilolammm(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by loadedvibes: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Confusing story.. rape after promising to pay?..

To me from the evidence presented here.. he had sex with her on the road with her consent.. after she don hear 40k why she no go gree.

4 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by amiibaby(f): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmm
Sex workers around the world face violence, rape, widespread discrimination and extortion, a global human rights watchdog said on Thursday, with male or transgender sex workers facing further stigma from the police, clients and the community.

Research published by Amnesty International showed that sex workers globally lack protection from "horrific" abuse and violence, even in countries like Norway, which are perceived to have strong human rights laws.

From Papua New Guinea to Argentina, Hong Kong and Norway, researchers consistently found cases of sex workers being physically and sexually abused by clients and the police.

"Sex workers are experiencing horrific levels of violence and abuse throughout the world," said Kate Schuetze, a policy adviser at Amnesty International.

In many cases police are the perpetrators of the abuse, making sex workers reluctant to report the crime, especially if prostitution is illegal in their country.

Anybody who rapes a sex worker deserves his thing amputated av said my own oo

Next

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by Negotiate: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
The prostitute probably thought he sumtin was worth that much... ..
Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by realestniggah: 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy
Lol bricklayer promise to pay you 40 thousand and you believe grin

How much does he makes in a month?

13 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by Iseoluwani: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Got her served

3 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by goodnews777: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
I thought the job of a sex worker is have sex?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by Oildichotomy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Rapes Ashawo again?

End shall never wonder!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k by dreamwords: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Men Beheaded In Choba, Rivers State By Rival Cultists. Graphic Photos / Police Arrest Gracious David West, Serial Killer In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Handcuffed Man Allegedly Falls Off From Police Vehicle In Anambra, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.