Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. (65067 Views)

Ask That Girl For Her VIN Before Proposal And Marriage. Guy's Beware! (Pics) / Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / When A Woman Covers Her Face And Ask That Lights Be Turned Off During Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by salford: 4:22am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
I heard someone advising another not to accept any credit card except mortgage and I wonder who will give him the mortgage with no credit history.

Once you land in US, you either get Bank of America secure credit card of $300 or CAPITAL ONE of $500. That's the beginning of your credit bondage here. grin
In Canada, just as the US...the problem is that some stores would not even accept a debit card for some transactions. All they want is credit card or cash for payment. So one way or the other, you have to get one. It's crazy. The registry i renew my vehicle and drivers license is notorious for that. If you insist on using a debit, they would charge an extra 3.50 for a transaction of $20.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 4:30am On Apr 12, 2017
There is nothing special in living abroad undecided undecided

I once rejected a proposal because the guy lives abroad

Such a shame because he was so handsome cry cry

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 4:37am On Apr 12, 2017
CFCman:

It must be fewer people who have such an amount in their savings account.
I know that 75% of Americans cannot pony up $500 for an emergency; but we invest in 401k and other retirement plans.

LOL. See as the guy dey write $100k as if it is N100k.

If US takes out credit in their system, a lot of people will not be able to buy cars.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 12, 2017
salford:

In Canada, just as the US...the problem is that some stores would not even accept a debit card for some transactions. All they want is credit card or cash for payment. So one way or the other, you have to get one. It's crazy. The registry i renew my vehicle and drivers license is notorious for that. If you insist on using a debit, they would charge an extra 3.50 for a transaction of $20.
Yea, they think a man is responsible when he has a good job, family(kids in particular)and good credit.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 4:42am On Apr 12, 2017
CFCman:

Lol
If an immigrant wants to buy a house in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, the immigrant must have saved up to $800,000... but we all know it's only Dangote or Davido who have thank kibd of money saved up from years of hard work

Like I said, even if you have $800k to throw down, they will give you so much wahala that you may think it is a crime to have cash. IRS will get involved. Franchise Tax board gets in on the game. The paperworks alone will be out of this world. You will have a whole lot of explanations to do. Let's assume you saved all your money, you better have a paper trail to prove it. If you wire anything above $3000 from your account, the agencies will be alerted. The system is set up that way. It is a win-win for the bankers. US hates people who hoard cash.

Can you rent an apartment without credit? Yes. Throw down six months rent. The problem is that most people don't have it.
Just about any well-meaning organization bemoans the fact that finance and money are not taught in High Schools to educate people. If they do, it will be bad business for banks. Banks do not count on your interest rates to make money. They are hoping for one late payment(even if by one day) to jack up interest rate from 2% to 21%. They bait slackers into financial slavery. You finance a car and miss a few months. Thanks God. They repossess the car and all money paid is lost. It is a win-win for everyone involved in the finance industry. The best part is that you become a slave at work. You will not want to rock the boat to avoid domino effect in your lives.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Or any western country. While in an active marriage, no other marriage visa applications can be made for the new wife.
Not unless he married her Nigeria, left her in Nigeria and regularly or irregularly, goes for engine oil top up and oil change interim or full service..... .

Abi o.

Sometimes the stories on this Seunland makes one scratch ones head grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by azezola(m): 4:59am On Apr 12, 2017
princechurchill thank you jarepost=55488763:
Lamentations​ of a home base
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Alwaystruth: 5:02am On Apr 12, 2017
Op, as much as you thinks you made sense with your write up but you failed to understand the desperation among Nigerian girls
to travel abroad,see white people,touch snow and wear Yankee jackets. Me for one won't answer any girl that asked me those questions you
listed here no matter how much I may claim to love her. Moreover, if I am still single I won't marry Nigerian based lady because most of them when they come out they start misbehaving because of what they see or what they think they can achieve without the men that brought them out from Nigeria or Africa. Ask men whose wives are in medical profession especially nurses and you will know more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Trexnemesis(m): 5:05am On Apr 12, 2017
Girls will not listen to you. Even if you wire it to their brains, they will still fall. I have seen girls exhibit this foolishness several times , despite good counseling, for me to come to this conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:06am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The only repercussion is not only destruction of credit file, but -
- Been made a bankrupt
- If you own a property, a charge would be levied on that property. When you eventually refinance or sell the property, they would get their money back + accrued interest........
- Charge made to wages and passed directly to employer for deduction in wage
Etc etc etc etc

I don't think you know how difficult it is to collect debt in US. You cannot arbitrarily put a lien on someone's primary residence. Court judgement? Goodluck collecting. Collection Agencies? Send a "Cease and Desist" letter. If you want be an A-hole, send in a Writ of Quo Warranto. They will finally give up. Credit history is the only thing at stake.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:09am On Apr 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

When you reach, the only thing you should accept on credit, should be your mortgage.......

How will you get mortgage with no credit history?

Remember that credit history is just a timeline of you owing money, paying or not paying, in time or late.

All of una wey dey borrow money from friends in naija and off phone are good candidates for bad credit history. So stop pontificating! grin

Naija long stories no reach am-- I forgot. I was sick. I lost my job. Dem nefa pay us. Dangote sef dey owe. Na only you I dey owe. Na because of this small money. Those naija debtors' excuses na your headache.

In US, you must owe one way or the other.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Trexnemesis(m): 5:15am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Remember that credit history is just a timeline of you owing money, paying or not paying, in time or late. All of una wey dey borrow money from friends in naija and off phone are good candidates for bad credit history. So stop pontificating!
Naija long stories no reach am-- I forgot. I was sick. I lost my job. Dem nefa pay us. That naija excuses na your headache

I don't buy anything if my money is not up to it. This is my personal policy. Did same for my property. All it took was discipline and focus. Americans don't know how to save money, unlike we Africans who are taught right from our childhood days to keep something aside.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 5:17am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Like I said, even if you have $800k to throw down, they will give you so much wahala that you may think it is a crime to have cash. IRS will get involved. Franchise Tax board gets in on the game. The paperworks alone will be out of this world. You will have a whole lot of explanations to do. Let's assume you saved all your money, you better have a paper trail to prove it. If you wire anything above $3000 from your account, the agencies will be alerted. The system is set up that way. It is a win-win for the bankers. US hates people who hoard cash.

Can you rent an apartment without credit? Yes. Throw down six months rent. The problem is that most people don't have it.
Just about any well-meaning organization bemoans the fact that finance and money are not taught in High Schools to educate people. If they do, it will be bad business for banks. Banks do not count on your interest rates to make money. They are hoping for one late payment(even if by one day) to jack up interest rate from 2% to 21%. They bait slackers into financial slavery. You finance a car and miss a few months. Thanks God. They repossess the car and all money paid is lost. It is a win-win for everyone involved in the finance industry. The best part is that you become a slave at work. You will not want to rock the boat to avoid domino effect in your lives.
Spot On. Ordinary $5K for the deposit on our house, we had to show a paper trail of where the money came from. Fax and faxed pages of the statement of the account the money was coming from. They pulled IRS tax transcripts. Called employers to verify employment and income. The paperwork we had to read and sign nko? Another headache. Not to talk of dropping $800K.

Like you said, careful not to rock the boat or everything will come crashing down. I know someone that had a car repoed. An SUV. The downpayment of $10K or more that they made was gone just like that. And they haven't even had the car for 6 months. such a shame but its the society we live in. Best bet is to pay your bills as at when due and you'll be home free

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by henryhemon(m): 5:18am On Apr 12, 2017
godsluvee:
There is nothing special in living abroad undecided undecided

I once rejected a proposal because the guy lives abroad

Such a shame because he was so handsome cry cry

Your own wahala na handsome man. Tell that story to kid,You rejected him just cuz he lives abroad as if it's a crime to live abroad,Nigerian girls and their sense of worth.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:18am On Apr 12, 2017
Trexnemesis:

I save money to buy a property

Na so e easy reach. One akata go carry you go club and dance for your lap, you go burn your savings and off phone for your naija family join. grin grin
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by playpaz: 5:18am On Apr 12, 2017
This your conclusion got me thinking.
Ladies always looking for the already made. wink

SirJeffry:

Yankee marriage is favourable to ladies who their husbands already made the ground running. They come to consolidate on their husband's achievements and prosper it more.

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:23am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

Spot On. Ordinary $5K for the deposit on our house, we had to show a paper trail of where the money came from. Fax and faxed pages of the statement of the account the money was coming from. They pulled IRS tax transcripts. Called employers to verify employment and income. The paperwork we had to read and sign nko? Another headache. Not to talk of dropping $800K.

Like you said, careful not to rock the boat or everything will come crashing down. I know someone that had a car repoed. An SUV. The downpayment of $10K or more that they made was gone just like that. And they haven't even had the car for 6 months. such a shame but its the society we live in. Best bet is to pay your bills as at when due and you'll be home free

Yep.

Only people that have gone through the system will understand. It is somewhat difficult to explain.

Personally, I have never used credit cards in about 10 years. They are only good to build credit for your first house purchase. Nothing beats having extra cash reserves.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 5:25am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I believe if you fail to make payments for 3 consecutive months, the bank will begin the process of reposing your car.

The credit system over here has its benefits, but as you said, it has led to the financial ruin of millions of people. Sometime in December (or this January, I can't remember) there was a news report on CNN about how 6 million Americans were in danger of their vehicles being repossessed because they had defaulted on their car notes. Its this type of story that leads people to believe the Nigerian system is better.

However, I don't think a 25% interest rate (the average interest rates Nigerian banks charge) favors anyone except the bankers and the super rich in the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:27am On Apr 12, 2017
Trexnemesis:

I don't buy anything if my money is not up to it. This is my personal policy. Did same for my property. All it took was discipline and focus. Americans don't know how to save money, unlike we Africans who are taught right from our childhood days to keep something aside.

It dependson the State you live. SoCal is very expensive. So you will need the financial discipline of an Eremitic monk to pull through. But it is very possible.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:30am On Apr 12, 2017
CFCman:

I believe if you fail to make payments for 3 consecutive months, the bank will begin the process of reposing your car.

The credit system over here has its benefits, but as you said, it has led to the financial ruin of millions of people. Sometime in December (or this January, I can't remember) there was a news report on CNN about how 6 million Americans were in danger of their vehicles being repossessed because they had defaulted on their car notes. Its this type of story that leads people to believe the Nigerian system is better.

However, I don't think a 25% interest rate (the average interest rates Nigerian banks charge) favors anyone except the bankers and the super rich in the country.

Don't even bring Nigerian banks into the discussion. One may be better off borrowing from the mafians. But condidering the fact that most black people no matter their origin hate to pay their debts, I can understand.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by SmartMugu: 5:31am On Apr 12, 2017
Bollinger:

But he is right na. There is no way you can have very very good credit without owing. I think you have the term "owing" confused. You owe not because you cannot afford whatever it is but because you want to build and maintain your credit score.

Yes, you are correct. I don't doubt his statement about owing. Several western countries are built around people owing banks, which in my opinion translates to a modern form of slavery. In the past, they would rather go to Africa to capture slaves, these days they enslave their own kinds under the credit system, or enslave some under some weird visa status - like H1B in the US for example.

The idea is just that these people just need a way to control someone else. It's just not as easy as it was for them in the past to invade people's countries and put them on ships as slaves. They decided to enslave themselves under a credit system they created, even though it's glaring that system isn't backed by anything. It's just another way of robbing Peter to pay Samson, until Samson feels the entire picture, then it's another round of robbing Samson again to pay Paul and the cycle repeats itself. Banks simply cannot be trusted, so some prefer to keep them at bay.

I just disagree with him telling women that's a criteria for agreeing to marry a man. Several people don't even agree with the credit system in the first place and have never had credit cards. They prefer cash over credit, which implies they may not have a good credit profile. So, does that mean women should think they must owe a bank before anything? Is it by force to owe?
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by salford: 5:35am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

That repo though...very mean job.
When the price of oil went bust, that was and is still a popular job in Alberta canada. People were losing jobs and repo was creating employment on the side. For someone without the will to fight. They just lock up the house jejely and drive to the bank to drop the keys..Some province would allow repo companies to go after debtors even after repossesion.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by SmartMugu: 5:35am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
Hehehe, did I get you bro? grin
Nope, you didn't. I just disagreed with some of your points, and spoke my mind. Nonetheless, nice write up even though I disagree with your points. One love bro.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by jaybee3(m): 5:36am On Apr 12, 2017
Hogwash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by sensisosu: 5:38am On Apr 12, 2017
So what is the best way for a new immigrat to build his or her credit..?

Credit card or car loans..?
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 5:42am On Apr 12, 2017
salford:

That repo though...lol.
When the price of oil went bust. That was and is still a popular job in Alberta canada. People were losing jobs and repo was creating employment on the side. Some province would allow repo companies to go after debtors even after repossesion.

Repo is a big business. They repo cars, yatchs, private jets, helicopters, you name it.

When you borrow money from the banks, you are actually doing them a favour. They need to make loans to generate revenue and that is why they always extend credit lines to tycoons without fixed assets as collateral. The only reason they vet customers (especially among new customers) is to avoid deadbeats.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Cyriloha(m): 5:52am On Apr 12, 2017
well op you where coming up with something here then got lost

now
1 what really happened to your village girl?
2 wetn the Yankee guy doam?
but all the same you tried front page things
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Cyriloha(m): 5:57am On Apr 12, 2017
it's very simple here op a Yankee guy collected your gf right?
sorry man buckle up
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by abbeyboy2o15(m): 5:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Credit is part of American society, unless one chew more than is mouth it can be acess without falling into debt. I agree that one should be prudent in spending, but is not compulsory telling a girlfriend my balance who does that, even peeps in Nigeria cannot allow that. Being focus and knowing what you want and not following the crowd is important in U.S, no problem telling a lady my job, but i do not agree with some of your points, because one want to marry/date a lady should not mean all your life issues and secret would now be written or told . Ladies of nowadays are parrot, so if a guy is serious with a lady he is going to share what is important with her, but been in America does not equate to being bad or not trustworthy. In the credit card case i cannot count my times banks, stores do bother me with them to get one, i prefer paying cash which they do not like, but is better than falling into debt. As i said earlier i do agree with some of your point, but not all, if you live in America it wont be difficult to understand one need credit in one way or the other. It help those who are not wasteful spender in the long run.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Lexusgs430: 6:05am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Remember that credit history is just a timeline of you owing money, paying or not paying, in time or late.

All of una wey dey borrow money from friends in naija and off phone are good candidates for bad credit history. So stop pontificating! grin

Naija long stories no reach am-- I forgot. I was sick. I lost my job. Dem nefa pay us. Dangote sef dey owe. Na only you I dey owe. Na because of this small money. Those naija debtors' excuses na your headache.

Good point raised. Take the credit card to build your credit history (don't go on a spending spree largess). Pay your credit card balance leaving very low manageable debt.
Once you get the mortgage, pay off balance and cancel credit card.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Lexusgs430: 6:08am On Apr 12, 2017
salford:

In Canada, the card is as good as guaranteed. The bank even advertise it to new immigrants in newspapers. Big business for them.
In my 7 years of processing card applications and selling it in the UK. I have never seen a new immigrant approved of a credit card a day or two after arriving the country.

Yes. CC should be stamped just like its done for tobacco packs, but how would the bank milk people. if they do that cheesy

From the airport, they want to placing new immigrants on the debt route....... .....
Hopefully, financial discipline would guide them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

1990 Ring Bearer And Little Bride Later Turned Husband And Wife In 2018 (Photos) / Nigerian Groom Cries At His Wedding (photos) / Slay Queen Caught Stealing From A Man Rocking Her Sexily At The Club (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.