Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job (3292 Views)

Uba Or Access Bank? / Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by luvola(m): 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
A friend is in a dilemma of where to choose a bank job or a sales distribution job . He knows the pay of the bank job but must sign a 2years bond and the second coy will pay 50k for the six month training after which they will confirm him and pay the normal pay which he doesnt know yet.. in terms of career wise and long term prospect which of the job will you advice him to choose?

1 Like

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by luvola(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
95 views and no reply.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Olinga(f): 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Access
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by ayonite92(m): 9:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
Access Bank...
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by sparkle4u(f): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Access bank
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by jazinogold(m): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
Access Bank jor...u go collect 245k per month for two years naim ur life go still remain d same? just make m once now angry
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by luvola(m): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
sexthebestmeal:
If you have gone past the access bank training school stage, then access bank is your best bet, but if you are yet to start access bank training school, bros just go to the Berger paint job and let your mind be at peace.
50k at hand is worth 245k in the bush grin
Access bank be breaking graduate and customer's heart since 1900. lipsrsealed undecided
lalasticlala, oya move to permanent site for better advice so his life can change to that of Efe. cool
he is still in training school. I thought it is highly probably he will secure the bank job after training or can they still disqualify him ?
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by pweetychyka(f): 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
I advice he sticks with the access bank job since he is already in the training school!

1 Like

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Motolank: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2017
Look
I started my banking carrier as a contract staff earning 40k, later got moved up to sof and getting 56k..with hard labor being HND holder. But everyone around calls me banker and believed I was in money. But if you are getting banking job with BSN...go for it but make sure you are saving.
I thank GOD for today
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2017
luvola:
A friend is in a dilemma of where to choose a bank job or a sales distribution job . He knows the pay of the bank job but must sign a 2years bond and the second coy will pay 50k for the six month training after which they will confirm him and pay the normal pay which he doesnt know yet.. in terms of career wise and long term prospect which of the job will you advice him to choose?

A lot of things go into a career; money is just one of them.

Has he considered the TIME he'll sacrifice?

Then again the 2-year bond makes him a BOUND slave for the next 2 years.

Look, I've worked in the financial services industry and I wouldn't wish that life on my worst enemy.

If you're not careful, you'll be trapped in a routine that will slowly drain the life out of you, making you look longingly any time you drive pass the Lagoon...

I highly recommend he takes the sales job. With the sales training, he'll gain an additional skill set that will help him start his own successful business on the side.

(After all, in today's world, it's risky to have only one income source.)

Don't let the "fat" bank pay cheque deceive you. You are still young and your future is ahead of you. The last thing you want to do is to kill your chances of growth, for 30 pieces of silver.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by jamoscofield(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
I really need help too. a contract bank job of 65K for a start and a private firm of 45K. which would you advice me to go for.
am just a fresh Graduate who finished service last Friday!
thanks
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
jamoscofield:
I really need help too. a contract bank job of 65K for a start and a private firm of 45K. which would you advice me to go for.
thanks

take one n give me 1 please I promise u my 1st salary thanks

2 Likes

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
jamoscofield:
thanks

Give me one biko
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by tall2ce(m): 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
jamoscofield:
thanks
Go for 45k job. F**k contract staff job.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by luvola(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
how much is the monthly pay of graduate sales trainee in berger cement
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by luvola(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
The person need to make decision latest tomorrow morning. uboma front page pls.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Several things to consider.... Many are putting money first. My advice is :
1. He should check through the job responsibilities and career prospects of the 2 of them a decide which one matches his expectations.
2. I usually do not advice people to go with companies that say "6 months training before confirming one's pay". One's pay should be clearly stated out in a contract. Yes there is always 6 months pobabtion but with 50k for a start, I am not sure the pay will be more than 100K.
3. Access is a better brand if you ask me to judge.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Welcomme: 7:01am On Apr 17, 2017
Motolank:
Look
I started my banking carrier as a contract staff earning 40k, later got moved up to sof and getting 56k..with hard labor being HND holder. But everyone around calls me banker and believed I was in money. But if you are getting banking job with BSN...go for it but make sure you are saving.
I thank GOD for today
Sir, how can secure a bank Contract Job..I need Job badly.. Thanks sir.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by askakim(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2017
He should go for the banking job, I work in one of the manufacturing industry and the way things are going now, we collect salaries only and overtime isn't sure this year because of high cost of raw materials...
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Mustay(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2017
alignacademy:

A lot of things go into a career; money is just one of them.

Has he considered the TIME he'll sacrifice?

Then again the 2-year bond makes him a BOUND slave for the next 2 years.

Look, I've worked in the financial services industry and I wouldn't wish that life on my worst enemy.

If you're not careful, you'll be trapped in a routine that will slowly drain the life out of you, making you look longingly any time you drive pass the Lagoon...

I highly recommend he takes the sales job. With the sales training, he'll gain an additional skill set that will help him start his own successful business on the side.

(After all, in today's world, it's risky to have only one income source.)

Don't let the "fat" bank pay cheque deceive you. You are still young and your future is ahead of you. The last thing you want to do is to kill your chances of growth, for 30 pieces of silver.

I think you have captured the major points. That bond enslaves you. The sales job exposes you. Both are actually not bad brands but if the OP loves his life and well-being, he'd better go for the Sales job. For the commenter saying the manufacturers are experiencing issues now, banks will also have their time and the OP will be on the first line to go when they want to cut costs.

1 Like

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by H2Ossss(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2017
luvola:

Bro... Two years is a short time when you start working... I have friends that worked in access and left after 2-3 years... Lots of money in the account... And they've got other jobsnow...your friend should not make the mistake of 50k over 245k... Na 9ja we dey so.... Safe
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by uzomanny(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Abeg wu tell una say access bank de pay 245k for entry level?

Make we no de decieve ourselves 4dis place abeg embarassed

1 Like

Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Motolank: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2017
Welcomme:
I got the job years back and left.long ago too. It was through a company in lagos when I remember their name will keep you posted, but in main time google for companies in lagos that does contract employments for companies. Sometimes you do not need to be called to come for test just find out call them and go take their test. Then, they can refer you to any company that need contract staff. Believe me they look for thousands weekly then, do not know of now but strongly believe they still exist...
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Motolank: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2017
Welcomme:
Find charms staffing in lagos or
25th and staffing lagos.
Re: Berger Paint Or Access Bank Job by Welcomme: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Motolank:

Find charms staffing in lagos or
25th and staffing lagos.
Sir, u mean I should Google or find their physical office? I am no based in Lagos..But I can't relocate

(1) (Reply)

GTB Graduate Trainee Program 2021 / How Shell Played On Our Intelligence / KPMG, Pricewaterhousecoopers, Ernst & Young RECRUITING. APPLY NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.