Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Moving To America, Great Investment. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To America, Great Investment. (7994 Views)

Man Sleeping On A Moving Truck In Abuja / Nigerian Doctors Moving To Canada - Let's Meet Here! / Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To America, Great Investment. by Speeddial(m): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
Saving 200k monthly after every expense from January next year is my dream. I have sat down to reason, and saw that this won't be feasible in 10years if I remain in Nigeria.

So I came up with moving to the US as an investment I should make. According to my research I found that the minimum wage in the States is $10 per hour, that means if I work 10 hour each day I will earn 950,000 naira in a month.

Now my dream can be achieve with ease, I need advice from people who live in the US.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Speeddial(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
Help
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by rayzornaija(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
950000! Yeah right.... Only your rent takes half of that money here in the US
Plus water bill
Light bill... Expect crazy bills during winter
Phone bill
Cable bill plus Internet
Plus feeding
Oh and you have to have a car to get around too so add gas money.... My advice is that you stay in Nigeria my brother
ALL THAT GLITTERS ARE NOT GOLD

12 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Neyoalao(m): 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
rayzornaija:
Plus water bill
Phone bill
Cable bill plus Internet
Plus feeding
Oh and you have to have a car to get around too so add gas money.... My advice is that you stay in Nigeria my brother
With all these said I can see that it's not easy and worth staying there. Why not come back home bro?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by rayzornaija(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
Neyoalao:

With all these said I can see that it's not easy and worth staying there. Why not come back home bro?
Eh If I here....... You want heat to kill me? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Neyoalao(m): 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
rayzornaija:

Eh If I here....... You want heat to kill me? angry
El oh el. But you no try for the advice wey you give the op. Everyone knows it's not easy over there is isn't a get rich quick scheme but you know every cent you pay over there in terms of bills is used by you and the health care system is superb. Can you imagine the number of people that have died today due to negligence on the part of our government?

28 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by rayzornaija(m): 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Neyoalao:

El oh el. But you no try for the advice wey you give the op. Everyone knows it's not easy over there is isn't a get rich quick scheme but you know every cent you pay over there in terms of bills is used by you and the health care system is superb. Can you imagine the number of people that have died today due to negligence on the part of our government?
You are certainly right my brother. The Nigerian government has never been known to pay attention to the health of the masses and that is the reason some of us would rather stay overseas than come home.
But still... There's no place like home

2 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Pronmix(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Seriously OP if you have the means, please do, it is a great investment, this country holds no future for anyone unless you come from a rich home, sure it's not easy over there, with bills, the issue of foreignness, loneliness and all that but one thing God blessed us Nigerians with is the strength to weather any kind of storm (except the hell hole that is Nigeria) overtime you'd get used to the challenges and adapt. Anyone giving you ANY I mean the smallest reason not to leave either doesn't lile you and doesn't want you to progress. So please if you can, by all means go! and be law abiding and prosper.

23 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by queendoreez(f): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2017
Speeddial:
Saving 200k monthly after every expense from January next year is my dream. I have sat down to reason, and saw that this won't be feasible in 10years if I remain in Nigeria.

So I came up with moving to the US as an investment I should make. According to my research I found that the minimum wage in the States is $10 per hour, that means if I work 10 hour each day I will earn 950,000 naira in a month.

Now my dream can be achieve with ease, I need advice from people who live in the US.

In the words of Lupita Nyong'o... "Your dreams are valid".

Don't listen to people who will discourage you from your dreams. Make a plan and stick to it. Best of luck.

Making similar plans for the EU.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
queendoreez:

In the words of Lupita Nyong'o... "Your dreams are valid".

Don't listen to people who will discourage you from your dreams. Make a plan and stick to it. Best of luck.

Making similar plans for the EU.

Chaiiiii, And na una vote Buhari come power o, Now , una don dey plan to leave after forcing him on us. Posterity will judge u all o.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by queendoreez(f): 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
slimany:

Chaiiiii, And na una vote Buhari come power o, Now , una don dey plan to leave after forcing him on us. Posterity will judge u all o.

LOL, i never campaigned nor voted for Buhari...because i am conversant with history.

You see, "History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat history"

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Lucasbalo(m): 5:00am On Apr 14, 2017
Speeddial:

I am an American by birth with Nigerian parents. If that's your goal, go for it. I have seen a lot of Nigerians in Chicago land who are very successful and I know two who are millionaires. Keep your hope alive and the sky is the limit. Do not listen to any doom Sayer.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by justwise(m): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2017
Speeddial:

What sort of visa are you planning to move to US with?

4 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by joelreg(m): 10:24am On Apr 14, 2017
justwise:

Kikikikikikikiki grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Tydarl: 10:48am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Speeddial(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2017
justwise:

Student Visa
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
Speeddial:
Student Visa

Saving 200k monthly for the next two yrs is not even enough to pay fees in US.

One thing that caught my eyes reading your post was how lucky you are to be able to save 200K a month after expenses in Nigeria.

If you have a job that you earn enough to save 200K monthly then you are pretty rich.

12 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by malel1: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
justwise:

Saving 200k monthly for the next two yrs is not even enough to pay fees in US.

One thing that caught my eyes reading your post was how lucky you are to be able to save 200K a month after expenses in Nigeria.

If you have a job that you earn enough to save 200K monthly then you are pretty rich.

He said saving 200k monthly is his dream,
In nigeria how many people can save 200k every month?
Saving 200k every months for 2years can take care of his tuition fee, mind u, u don't have to pay all immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
malel1:

He said saving 200k monthly is his dream,
In nigeria how many people can save 200k every month?
Saving 200k every months for 2years can take care of his tuition fee, mind u, u don't have to pay all immediately.

How much is that?

2 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hey! You better ask Usain Bolt to tutor you.
Sure, we pay for what we use here and not what we know not about.
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Lucasbalo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
partnerus:

Please what's the hope for an illegal migrant? I mean coming to America with a 2 years tourist or business visa?
With Trump in power now, it's very dicey. I know a guy that went bank to Nigeria voluntarily after three years because he couldn't get his papers. Trump is tough on illegal immigration.

2 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by claremont(m): 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
If you have such a high disposable income in Nigeria that you can afford to save N200,000 monthly, I would advise that you visit America during your next vacation. Spend a few weeks of your vacation in America mingling with ordinary Nigerians that live there, you might be shocked that not all that glitters is gold. I spent a few weeks in North Carolina last year and I met a Nigerian-American who drove the taxi I rented to the mall, we talked at great length, and that's when I realized that not all that glitters in America is gold.

It seems you belong to the upper middle class in Nigeria based on your earnings; the question you really need to answer is - would you be happy to leave your relatively comfortable middle-class existence in Nigeria to start afresh with menial minimum wage jobs in America?! If your answer is in the affirmative, then go for it.

If I earned that much whilst in Nigeria, I wouldn't have relocated to the UK years ago to start afresh. However, I have achieved more in the UK than I would have achieved in Nigeria within the same timeframe, BUT....it wasn't easy initially.

13 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Benekruku(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2017
claremont:
If you have such a high disposable income in Nigeria that you can afford to save N200,000 monthly, I would advise that you visit America during your next vacation. Spend a few weeks of your vacation in America mingling with ordinary Nigerians that live there, you might be shocked that not all that glitters is gold. I spent a few weeks in North Carolina last year and I met a Nigerian-American who drove the taxi I rented to the mall, we talked at great length, and that's when I realized that not all that glitters in America is gold.

It seems you belong to the upper middle class in Nigeria based on your earnings; the question you really need to answer is - would you be happy to leave your relatively comfortable middle-class existence in Nigeria to start afresh with menial minimum wage jobs in America?! If your answer is in the affirmative, then go for it.

If I earned that much whilst in Nigeria, I wouldn't have relocated to the UK years ago to start afresh. However, I have achieved more in the UK than I would have achieved in Nigeria within the same timeframe, BUT....it wasn't easy initially.

Try and understand his point

Speeddial:

3 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 15, 2017
Lucasbalo:
With Trump in power now, it's very dicey. I know a guy that went bank to Nigeria voluntarily after three years because he couldn't get his papers. Trump is tough on illegal immigration.
Ok thanks for the sincere advise.
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by NONNYG: 3:24am On Apr 15, 2017
The bottom line is when you migrate to another country, certainly you will start afresh

3 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Benekruku(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Speeddial post=55485017][/quote]

Dont let anybody give u fake man!

Run as fast as you can if you re opportuned......

Its not that easy down there but brighter......

3 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by gondon(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
I hate dat word "it wasn't easy or it isn't easy".

Op@@ go for Ur dream and be positive minded.

8 Likes

Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 16, 2017
rayzornaija:
Plus water bill
Phone bill
Cable bill plus Internet
Plus feeding

cheesy
Re: Moving To America, Great Investment. by salford: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2017
NONNYG:
The bottom line is when you migrate to another country, certainly you will start afresh
its crazy i tell you. I have seen alot in Canada due to their recent popular immigration programs.
I mean, what can make people working in places like mtn, nlng, shell, E&Y e.t.c resign their appointment in Nigeria to start afresh with survival jobs in the bitter Canada? i mean survival jobs like security, cashier at malls and fastfoods shops, care aid assistants e.t.c Is Nigeria that bad?
If you dont have a job in naija or barely surviving, it's understandable.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Stratosphere, Tallest Building In Africa For Lagos! / FRSC Officials Donate Blood To Accident Victims In Osun State / LASG Announces Diversion Plans As FG Commences Repair On Eko Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.