Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos (48631 Views)

2-Year-Old Strangled To Death By Housemaid For Refusing To Wear Her Clothes / Lady Strangled To Death At Garrison Portharcourt, Lifeless Body Dumped (Graphic) / 18-year-old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by AutoJoshNG: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
The Lagos state police command have arrested two men, Osaro Egbomrewen and Michael Eyeoekpe, in connection with the death of an Uber driver , Innevosa Emmanuel, who was strangled to death at the Ogba area of the state recently.

Parading the suspects before newsmen today, the state police commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects had posed as passengers and ordered for a taxi using the Uber application.

The deceased had arrived their location in Ikeja and was instructed to take them to their destination at Ogba, Oke-Ira.

During their trip, the suspects and one other who is currently at large, suddenly ordered the driver to make a U-turn and take them to Oremeji Street, Obawole area of Ogba, where he was strangled with a belt and his KIA RIO salon car marked KTU 594DM vehicle was taken away.

The suspects had planned to sell off the car to an unsuspecting buyer. However the police began to trail them and tracked the vehicle after a complain was laid of a missing Uber driver and his car.

One of the suspects who narrated how they carried out the act said

“I and Michael met at Ogba where I went to drink and we became friends. I told him how difficult things were for me that I needed to relocate to Benin to start all over again. It was at this point that Michael told me about a deal that could fetch me some money that we could get a car and then sell it to his boss. Michael then told me about one Alex (Emmanuel) who had a vehicle and we agreed to meet the following day.

Since then we had been meeting and discussing how to buy the vehicle. On the fateful day the Uber driver came, I was with Michael in his office and his friend Destiny was with him but I don’t know if he discussed the vehicle deal with Destiny. Around 9:30p.m, we called the Uber driver to come and pick us at Tantalizer eatery at Ogba. I and Destiny were inside the vehicle with the driver, but Michael was outside while I was holding the belt. Immediately I put the belt across the driver’s neck, Destiny dragged the belt and we strangled him.

When we were satisfied that he was dead, we took his corpse to Oremeji Street and dumped him in front of a church around 10:30 p.m., without anybody noticing us. After killing the driver, we took the vehicle to Michael’s boss to sell it. The buyer then inquired from us where we got the vehicle from and Michael told him that we killed the owner. The buyer then said we should take the car away and Michael said we should take it to his house and park it outside, before taking it to another buyer in Benin. Later we were tracked to Benin, arrested and brought back to Lagos”.

The state Commissioner of Police said they would soon be charged to court.

https://autojosh.com/uber-driver-strangled-death-lagos/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by eezeribe(m): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
The rate of murder,suicide,rape,jungle justice,etc in Nigeria has gotten to an all time high.
Is Nigeria turning to one country in southern Africa,where the above mentioned vices have become a normal daily occurrence

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by GloriaNinja(f): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
I THOUGHT "UBER" HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS bleeped UP COUNTRY.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Tazdroid(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ah ah
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by malificent(f): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
No one is safe in this country anymore

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by TINALETC3(f): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
cry
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by josephine123: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
damn
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by legrande69: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
People killing each other these days ..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by temmypotter(m): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
First it was Jumia, a phone..now its Uber, a car. I see a trend here. hopefully, we won't hear Virgin Atlantic announce that a private jet was stolen and the pilot dead.

by the way, Buhari! pls resign already.

200 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by EKITI001: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
so sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Tazdroid(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
I THOUGHT "UBER" HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS bleeped UP COUNTRY.
apparently not.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by holluwai(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
Na wha just as the jumia guy was killed after being robbed. Suffer dey 9ja o

18 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
After killing Jumia drivery man, the next thing is to kill an Uber driver? I won't mention tribe, but some human beings are very useless.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by CheezyCharles(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
first JUMIA man and now UBER? remember growing up we always thought demons had horns! but now we've realized that they wear clothes,make-up and walk freely amongst humans!

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by princechurchill(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
By their names all the way from Edo the spirit of anini still lives among them

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Fadelex(m): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
every innovations to make life easier will be criminalized by Nigerians

207 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by bigerboy200: 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nonsense.. criminals everywhere...

7 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Omg

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Zedoo(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Apc

Unprecedented crap.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by pirees: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by 1freshdude: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
This is why people will not set up business in this God forsaken country. Too many sick and wicked people paroling looking for prey...even God can do nothing about Nigeria at this stage.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Na wa for this country o. So somebori cannot hustle in peace again? That was how one ediot was walking pass my car today and noticed me counting money inside my car. He gave me a long throat look and walked past then returned back all of a sudden and start tapping me glass that I should roll down my glass down emmm he has something to discuss with me. I just gave him a sign of I will kill you if u tap my glass again and he walked off.

184 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Now we are no more humans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by izzou(m): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Shedding an innocent man's blood because of a car that will fade away

Chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Rendezvou: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
Another one again Lazy idiots. They have the strength to strangle a fellow being but no strength to work. Thieves always looking for free manna as if they are in the wilderness. Even Isrealites wouldn't depend on free manna today if they pass through another wilderness in this generation.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Kenon9: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
So sad....wickedness in high places we keep hearing these days...now the car was not sold and they were arrested...what is the their gain in all these?
May they rot in the deepest part of hell!!!

15 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by IsheriNorthGRA: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
The other day, it was Jumia delivery man. Today, it's Uber. These bad guys want to ruin it for the good ones out there.

15 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ifeanyi uber shocked ?

What happened?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Sylverbox(m): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Every attempt to bring civilization and technology to this useless cursed country must be thwarted by its evil citizens. We all need to pray hard oh!

46 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Tech startups are doomed in this country!

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Dig Out Buried Frozen Chicken Seized By Customs / Yahoo Boy Arrested Attempting To Use His Girlfriend For Ritual Money (video) / 120 Cultists Arrested By Police During The Celebration Of Their Anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.