Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Connection Problems - Are BT Worse Than Talktalk? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Connection Problems - Are BT Worse Than Talktalk? (914 Views)

Instrument Features Of BT-560 Tool Measuring Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Connection Problems - Are BT Worse Than Talktalk? by roberthans: 6:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Please help. Prove I have not made a mistake in switching from talktalk to BT!

Been with BT for about 3 weeks now and due to connection problems I am regretting the move to a company that SHOULD be better than its rivals.

Problems:-

1) Laptop cannot even find the wi-fi signal from my "Smart" router showing no networks found or no network available. Wired via TP Link the speed is great but even wired the connection is often lost.

2) Wi-fi analyser on my phone shows stars according to signal strength. Channel 1 that I am currently on has 0 stars, 6 has 0 stars and 11 has 2 stars. These are my only channel options and all are bad. My talktalk router had me on channels 1 or 6 with 8 or 9 stars! On the BT router only channels 12, 13 and 14 have any decent strength with 4 - 7 stars and I can't choose those.

3) My daughters i phone regularly loses the wi -fi signal and we have to Forget Network and re-enter password for it to come back again.

Is there a fault with my Smart router?
Should I try using my talktalk router to see if any better?
please help.

Thanks.
Connected Device Video

(1) (Reply)

Brain Teaser / say this in english, add yours / Cannot Start The Ps4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.