Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: (1268 Views)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / Abuja Is The 6th State Of The East. Igbo's Are Too Much In Abuja / Abuja Is A No Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by sleekmike(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2007
Abuja is not yet the dream city it ought to be.I must however appreciate the great work the FCT minister Mallam Nasiru Elrufai is doing. He has done what no other FCT minister could do.
I therefore salute his courage, tireless hard work and his patriotism. Being that as it may, a lot has to be done in Abuja
1. Abuja is the only modern capital city without a rail network or metroline.
2.A buja is also the only modern capital city with overhaed aluminiun conductors (NEPA Wire) right in the heart of the city.
3. Abuja still remains the only modern city where lorries, trailers open vans and trucks are still being used to convey passengers ( here the unchallenged atitude of construction companies and AEPB consultants comes to mind)

I think that a lot has to be done inorder to realise the dream of a modern city for Abuja or what do you think,
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by Mariory(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2007
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by LoverBwoy(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2007
Slowly but surely, its getting there - i hope

1. Abuja is the only modern capital city without a rail network or metroline.
I think its better to spend money of housing,security, environment and other forms of transportation before spending on a metroline in a city that's not suffering from terrible traffic congestion
by the way its in the pipeline- one thing at a time  wink

I think abuja should have a museum and a national theatre
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by stanech: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2007
undecided
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by stanech: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2007
Fascinating!!!!!   However, they should not just beutify Abuja alone, they should remove poverty from the peoples life and extend this beautiy to other parts of the country.

Otherwise,a large number of people will migrate into the city and them go use shit spoil everywhere.
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by LoverBwoy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2007
stanech:

Fascinating!!!!! However, they should not just beutify Abuja alone, they should remove poverty from the peoples life and extend this beautiy to other parts of the country.

Otherwise, large number of people will migrate into the city and them go use shit spoil everywhere.
who are they?
the fct minister cannot do tinubu or odilis job for them can he?

Vote for the right person wink
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by stanech: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2007
You caught me on that loverbwoy lipsrsealed

But don't u think there a little bit of truth in wht i am saying?
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by LoverBwoy(m): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2007
Oh yes there is a whole lot actually

In the same country that governors like Duke, and Gbenga Daniel and the FCT minister are obviously making progress, is the same country that so many governors are still making excuses about "the past govt, "

i think lagos state needs special powers/government - that place is a lipsrsealed, seems like if you dont live in VGC,lekki and those area you are on your own! some governors just seem to attend parties and cheap award ceremonies

I have this feeling Odili will be arrested before april grin
Re: Abuja Is Not Yet The Dream City: by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2007
By rights, Lagos and Port Harcourt should also be federal territories, they have so much strategic significance to the wellbeing of our economy.

Abuja is just a toy city carved out in the middle of the dry savannah to placate the Arewa mafia. Very little economic activity of real value goes on there. If the Niger Delta is excised from the country today Abuja will just shrivel up and die, no more free money. cool

(1) (Reply)

American Government Masterminded 9/11 / Post-amnesty: Ex-militants Report To Camp Nov 11 / Jang Did Not Call Me, I Only Got Text Messages: General Saleh Maina, Goc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.