Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha (49246 Views)

Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by nkemjacob2(m): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
ROYALD:

S hut up just appreciate good thing once in your life
hope u re not among those APC gvt dat use u as a brain washer to get their objective. cos u look like one

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
donfemo:
Someone builds a university and we say he is working. It was built with public funds, tax payers money. It is expected of him.

Some will still collect your tax and go party in London and even spray Dollars and even enter jail and even still use your tax money bail themselves.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
donfemo:
Someone builds a university and we say he is working. It was built with public funds, tax payers money. It is expected of him.

Some will still collect your tax and go party in London and even spray Dollars and even enter jail and even still use your tax money bail themselves. Rochas use am dey raise structures in his land...kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
deathwing:
If you've ever been to Imo. youll know there is always something substandard about everything Rochas builds.

It's like he's just building in order to gather acclaim. His bridges begin to crumble and flake off within months, the roads develop potholes quickly, the government centres he builds are of low quality and this nigga has a problem of flooring the compound of his structures.
He just prefers to leave them as earth. So you'll see a new structure in imo state already in use, but it's surrounded by grass because nothing was paved or cemented outside. Imo state just looks like an old town even while new things are still being built. Disheartening. The next government will rebuild and regain another round of applause.

better little than nothing...
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by alizma: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
chuksneb:
Shut up if you have nothing to say. Am from Imo state, ideato south and same village with that fool...
read your comment again and check if you have said anything meaningful in respect of my points; unfortunately they shared rice and mineral the day u came to this world.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by deathwing(m): 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
No Sir. This means you and your children's money will be bused to fix the same thing and continue to be embezzled. It is this ít is better than nothing' attitude that make the politicians play with our heads during election campaign

mecussey:

better little than nothing...

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
sanpipita:

Lol Rocha's has used IMO state resources to build a university for himself and you want people to hail him, you are mad

Yea...it is better done here than doing it in London. Most of your governors have private Unis abroad..thats senseless and crime.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by alizma: 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
trilobite:

I usually Don't do this please accept my apologies:
YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE. SHUT UP!!!
you that have sense and OPEN YOUR MOUTH, you have not been able to raise one point contrary to what I said.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
chigoizie7:
The question is, can imo state government under Rochas and after rochas fund the two universities? Imsu and this very university? Building is one thing, funding and maintenance is another thing. When u build and can't maintain, that's a waste.

I am in ebonyi state, they have so many government structures but many of them are wasting and being dilapidated.

Govt own properties in Nigeria does not work...hence the decision to privatise that one.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Cotisure: 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mr Man, don't say what you don't know. How many Local governments have you been to in Imo state??
alizma:
I have said it severally, though I am not an igbo, the only crime Rochas committed against his people is that he is a member of a party they don't like.
I was there as resident during the reign of Udenwa and Ohakim, I was there throughout Rochas first tenure and I still visit the state till this days. Rochas is working.
an imolite is happily tell you to come to his state and see good things, it is because Rochas has transformed the state capital.
Rochas is the only governor of that state apart from Sir Mbakwe that has at least a physical, touchable project in all the local government.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
ziga:
His "Private University" grin grin grin

I wish we could see the details of the accounts that funded this project. For transparency purposes.

But in Nigeria, anything can happen. We only respect/worship money and power.

Why didn't he build this after leaving office?

Anyway, na "smart guy". He don invest in his retirement money.

Someday in the future, all these projects will be reclaimed by NIGERIA.

Yep...he knows what is in Nigeria belongs to Nigeria. If he wants to loot, he will park the money for private jet commot.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:
You are absolutely right, the real grouse against Rochas is that he joined APC and openly supported Buhari over GEJ; a decision which didnt go down well with many Igbos.

When it comes to performance, anyone who says Rochas isn't working is either lying to himself or is just plain ignorant; most people fall in the 'ignorant' category though cos they've never even been to the state but just base their judgement on the nonsense they read online from haters. Majority of the vocal haters aren't even from Imo state. As far as Imo state is concerned, Rochas' performance even in his first tenure trumps Udenwa and Ohakim (and even Tanko Zubairu and co) put together.

The only problem with Rochas may be that he talks too much and the quality of his projects are really suspect (China roads). Besides that, anyone who claims Rochas isn't working (especially when compared with his peers(past and present)) is a clown.

10,000 likes
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Charly68: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
IMO had a university before why building another instead of upgrading the old one . To me the resources committed into the new palm university would have made the old one a world class university.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
Imo State University (IMSU) is state owned. What is Imo state doing with 2 universities? Why not make IMSU a world class university?Okorocha should stop all this white elephant projects.

Make it world class, another govt will come back and ruin it. Govt own properties in Nigeria does not work.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
deathwing:
No Sir. This means you and your children's money will be bused to fix the same thing and continue to be embezzled. It is this ít is better than nothing' attitude that make the politicians play with our heads during election campaign

its better to make use of the little you have. You want the state to be like Germany but ordinary Keke maruwa, we cant produce.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by sanpipita(m): 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
mecussey:

Yea...it is better done here than doing it in London. Most of your governors have private Unis abroad..thats senseless and crime.

No good excuse to endorse corruption, come to IMO and see how rochas has impoverished the people, using public funds for his personal business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by seguno2: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
mecussey:
Some will still collect your tax and go party in London and even spray Dollars and even enter jail and even still use your tax money bail themselves.

What do you mean?
Do you compare yourself with the WORST people in life?
Which sensible person does that?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by seguno2: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
mecussey:
Make it world class, another govt will come back and ruin it. Govt own properties in Nigeria does not work.

Because those in government, like Okorocha, steal the money that should pay salaries and pensions promptly to motivate workers to maintain infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by mecussey(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
seguno2:

What do you mean?
Do you compare yourself with the WORST people in life?
Which sensible person does that?

One South south Governor did it and was caught. There are many of them that still do it but yet to be caught.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by dinocy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
mecussey:

Instead of dumping the money ins switzerland...raise a structure in your land.

why raise a structure to cover your loot knowing very well that you mass won't have access to it?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Austinio: 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:
I have said it severally, though I am not an igbo, the only crime Rochas committed against his people is that he is a member of a party they don't like.
I was there as resident during the reign of Udenwa and Ohakim, I was there throughout Rochas first tenure and I still visit the state till this days. Rochas is working.
an imolite is happily tell you to come to his state and see good things, it is because Rochas has transformed the state capital.
Rochas is the only governor of that state apart from Sir Mbakwe that has at least a physical, touchable project in all the local government.
pls where and where is him working ooo.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by seguno2: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Austinio:

Helep me ask oh.
How much EMPLOYMENT growth has been achieved in his years of governance?
How many

- teachers,
- doctors,
- nurses,
- pharmacists,
- administrators,
- accountants
- janitors
- librarians
Etc etc

does he employ annually?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
alizma:

So after killing IMSU, IMSUTH, the 18 General Hospitals, the civil service, Servants and pensioners, we should be clapping for him because he built a private university in his hometown!
I want to know, which state are you from? You have seen the consistent decay in infrastructure in Owerri, Okigwe and Mbaise, and you are saying this; for what gain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by alizma: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Austinio:
him working everywhere
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by stevnwigw: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
the guy is a joke looking for first class graduates to employ. He is not ready to run the school yet.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Akaujaa(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Legalaffairs:

Be enlightened. This is a private university.

Even if its a private university, and so what? The truth remains that whether its a private, state or federal university, that investment is going to employ a whole lots of people directly or indirectly. You guys shouldn't attach bitterness and hate in everything. Appreciate good things when you see one.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by MrBONE2(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
yarimo:
APC government and hard working are like bread and butter grin
grin

Got it

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by June24th: 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
...and the op started by saying ' Rochas is working '.. Like it's going to be free education for the prospective students or the tuition fees will be utilised to help the good people of Imo state.. Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by chukel(m): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
The architect of this staircase and engineer who did the construction must be quacks

Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by Zeusd3(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Okorocha is the only valid candidate that can successfully run for president from the part of the country he is from.... Try n c
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by obiezed: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
obailala:
You are absolutely right, the real grouse against Rochas is that he joined APC and openly supported Buhari over GEJ; a decision which didnt go down well with many Igbos.

When it comes to performance, anyone who says Rochas isn't working is either lying to himself or is just plain ignorant; most people fall in the 'ignorant' category though cos they've never even been to the state but just base their judgement on the nonsense they read online from haters. Majority of the vocal haters aren't even from Imo state. As far as Imo state is concerned, Rochas' performance even in his first tenure trumps Udenwa and Ohakim (and even Tanko Zubairu and co) put together.

The only problem with Rochas may be that he talks too much and the quality of his projects are really suspect (China roads). Besides that, anyone who claims Rochas isn't working (especially when compared with his peers(past and present)) is a clown

I am an impolite old enough to vividly remember Mbakwe regime,my grouse with Rochas has nothing with party(am apolitical). Can anyone ask what happened to the N30B earmarked for the Oguta Wonderland project leftover from the Ohakim 8 months tenure.don't be fooled ,hes just 2 shades better than Udenwa.
Re: Photos Of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko Built By Rochas Okorocha by obailala(m): 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
obiezed:

I am an impolite old enough to vividly remember Mbakwe regime,my grouse with Rochas has nothing with party(am apolitical). Can anyone ask what happened to the N30B earmarked for the Oguta Wonderland project leftover from the Ohakim 8 months tenure.don't be fooled ,hes just 2 shades better than Udenwa.
Do you mean to tell me Ohakim actually left up to N30 billion in Imo state's coffers?

Even without being told, do you actually believe that is true?... N30 billion!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Who Speaks 5 Foreign Languages At 22 / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.