Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Barcelona Boss Luis Enrique Takes Blame For 3-0 Defeat Against Juventus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Boss Luis Enrique Takes Blame For 3-0 Defeat Against Juventus (368 Views)

Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager / Ronaldo Celebrating His Goal Against Juventus Shirtless (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo's Goal Against Juventus Poised To Win The Best Goal Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Boss Luis Enrique Takes Blame For 3-0 Defeat Against Juventus by donlackey(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2017
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique slammed his
under-performing players after a“nightmare” 3-0 loss to Juventus that has severely dented the Spanish giants’Champions League hopes.

A first-half double from Paulo Dybala and a second-half header from Giorgio Chiellini
secured a quarter-final first-leg win for the
hosts in Turin on Tuesday to leave Barca with a
mountain to climb in the April 19 return leg.

The Catalans will now require another epic comeback along the lines of that which saw them reach the last eight. In the last 16 they spectacularly overcame a 4-0 first-leg deficit to Paris Saint-Germain with a 6-1 win at the Camp Nou.

But after seeing his front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar fail to fire against a far superior Juventus side, Luis Enrique voiced little
hope of seeing another comeback next week.

“We basically gifted two goals to Juventus in the opening half. As coach, for me it’s inexplicable how they were so much better
than us,”

he said. The Barcelona boss used the word “nightmare” no less than four times as he struggled to explain how Barca, who arrived in Turin on the back of a 2-0 league reverse to
Malaga, failed to respond. And, in another pop at his players, he labelled their first-half performance in Turin the “third half” from their 4-0 defeat in Paris in February.

“It’s like a nightmare. We’ve had very little
luck of late, and now I can only hope that from
tomorrow we get back on our feet,” he said.
“In the first half the [Barca] players were determined, but we made the same mistakes
from Paris, and that’s a problem.

“Our second half was much better. But I still have the opening half in my head, like a nightmare. Maybe it wasn’t [a repeat of] Paris,
but it was like the third half from Paris.

“I’m an optimistic person. But I take
responsibility for this. I’m the coach and the
buck stops at me. Until tomorrow, I don’t even
want to think about how we can come back.”

Source: http://lackeynet.mobie.in/Entertainment/?fid=Barcelona_Boss_Luis_Enrique_Takes_Blame_For_3-0_Defeat_Against_Juventus_In_The_Champions_League

(1) (Reply)

Real Vs Athletico, Monaco Vs Juventus In Champions League Draw / Harry Kane Says, There Shouldn't Be Many Spurs Departures / Alonso Is Delighted To Retire At The Top Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.