Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) (58537 Views)

Drunk Kevin Hart Carried Out Of His Birthday Party On His Wife's Back (photos) / #BBNaija: Minimie Hosts The Last 5 Housemates (Photos) / Shameful! Naija Babe Went To A Club, Got Drunk, Took Off Her Clothes & Party On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Top British DJ Paul Oakenfold braved thinning air and freezing temperatures to host the 'highest party on earth' at Everest Base camp on Tuesday, playing to around 100 climbers all in full mountain gear.

The Base camp lies at an altitude of 5,380 metres (17,600 feet)

The 53-year-old artist, who trekked for ten days to reach base camp, mixed his beats on a makeshift stone stage set against the spectacular backdrop of the world's highest mountains.

With brightly coloured Tibetan prayer flags fluttering overhead, climbers and trekkers danced as best they could in their heavy hiking boots and thick down jackets.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/british-dj-hosts-worlds-highest-party-everest/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4401760/British-DJ-hosts-worlds-highest-party-Everest.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Epositive(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2017
leaving your comfort zone cheesy

52 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2017
Base camp lies at an altitude of 5,380 metres (17,600 feet), and around 100 climbers and trekkers were there for the gig.

'It was truly amazing. I feel very lucky to have played here.

We did a wonderful event and had people from all over the world.

I feel very blessed,' Oakenfold told AFP by phone from base camp after the performance.

Base camp lies at an altitude of 5,380 metres (17,600 feet), and around 100 climbers and trekkers were there for the gig.

'It was pretty cool.

I've been here many years but never seen anything like that,' 38-year-old American climber Ben Jones told AFP by phone.

The number of trekkers at the camp will swell in the coming weeks as the climbing season gets into full swing.

Hundreds of climbers spend weeks acclimatising to the altitude before attempting to reach the summit during the brief spring window when the weather is at its best.

9 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by MrRichy(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2017
na wa o...

ground no do them again

End time DJ

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Chai see fun.
See record -highest party on earth.
I for like go sha but...

On a more serious note, all these oyinbos don't have so many things to be worried about. When I never pay school fees finish na how to climb mountain be my problem?

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Prior to the concert on Tuesday, he has performed practice sets in villages on the way to base camp.

It was a dramatic departure for Oakenfold, who admitted he was more used to playing the world's top clubs and the beaches of Ibiza and Goa than the mountains of Nepal.

Oakenfold, who had never trekked before, trained for four months.

3 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by BasketballGURU(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2017
Grotesque undecided

2 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by spartan117(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2017
Nice concept if we are able to solve our numerous challenges as a nation, then we can go and play ball on top Zuma rock

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2017
The 53-year-old artist trekked for ten days to reach base camp where mixed his beats on a makeshift stone stage set.

Oakenfold, whose three-decade long career has included collaborations with Madonna and U2, is also raising funds to help survivors of Nepal's devastating 2015 earthquake, which killed nearly 9,000 people and left thousands homeless.

'I want to support in the rebuilding and to shed light on the environment... I would like to do my bit,' the DJ, who made his name during the 90s rave scene, said.

However not everyone is keen on the idea, with some complaining the renowned DJ is disturbing the peace and tranquility of the Himalayas.

1 Like

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2017
The Dj nah Chelsea fan. Hediot

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2017
Now this is living life..... Enjoyment and peace of mind.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Rigging(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2017
the one wey concern me pass na say im never trekked before. chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2017
fear oyinbo......... Nija still dey shout based on logistics smh....... angry

9 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by NegeduGrace(f): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
All this oyinbo people and doing crazy stuffs..hmmm

3 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by lgboks(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Rigging:
the one wey concern me pass na say im never trekked before. chai

I feel say na only me see that part o grin he come even train for 4 months to learn how to trek cheesy
Wetin Nigerians no go hear or see

21 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by YhungPablo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Endtime party

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by evy1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
grin grin Na corrrect chelsea fan ooo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Twizzy30(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nice one. He is a chelsea fan I guess... Check out places they even called village, look at how they dressed. Naija which way.

2 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by TONYE001(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
Participants should be allowed to acclimatise to the new height before they go into partying...or any significant activity...

This is for their cardiopulmonary health.

1 Like

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Imyourex(m): 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Oscarjax:
The Dj nah Chelsea fan. Hediot

So Being A Chelsea Fan Makes Him An Heediot, You wanted him to be Barca Or Arsenal Fan.

Goat Head

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
Dem don chop belleful grin

1 Like

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
it's explorer again nice one

1 Like

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Imyourex:

So Being A Chelsea Fan Makes Him An Heediot, You wanted him to be Barca Or Arsenal Fan.

Goat Head

Oga easy nah..... This Buhari economy just d make people tensed. Na joke I d joke hoor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
People can do anything for attention.
Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by burkingx(f): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by BOBBYTRICK: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
That one no concern me

2 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by TheLogicalMind(m): 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
I ONCE GOT HIGH AT A PARTY TOO. BIG FVKING DEAL.
Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by burkingx(f): 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
cheesy cheesy smiley

5 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by realestniggah: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
I hope they have enough weed there so they can really high

2 Likes

Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by RealHaute: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
He cray.
Re: DJ Paul Oakenfold Hosts The Highest Party On Earth At Mount Everest (Photos) by burkingx(f): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asa Shows Off Hot Legs In New Photo / Chika Ike Buys G Wagon To Celebrate Her 31st Birthday / Beyonce And Jay Z $90Million Home (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.