Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. (908 Views)

Buhari’s Visit To Taraba, Benue, An Afterthought, Says Fayose / "Nobody Can Remove Magu" - Osinbajo / Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. by OLADD: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Vice President Osinbajo, no doubt is an eminent personality both in law and in letters. Powerfully endowed with sound and infective oratory prowess, he combines his enviable academic attainments with political sagacity having served as Attorney General in one of the leading states of the Federation. However, his latest statement on Magu-Senate faceoff attests to the fact that when it comes to our own brand of politics, professionalism is set aside, prejudice takes the centre stage and sentiments become the order of the day.

In defending the President on his position about Magu, our erudite professor was making us to believe that Buhari's blatant disregard of DSS reports on the Acting EFCC Chairman simply amounts to noninterference. This position is not only watery and ridiculous, it echoes how APC leaders often take Nigerians for fools.

How on earth will an agency that reports directly to the Presidency bypass its principal and send a damning report to another arm of government with our president feigning ignorance and pretending not to have a firsthand knowledge of the content of such report-all in the name of noninterference?

Allowing the DSS to perform its statutory responsibility without undue pressure from the Presidency does not in any widest imagination amount to noninterference but a basic requirement for accountability and probity.

With this latest fable from such a personality like Osinbajo, it's becoming glaring that all Nigerian politicians are the same no matter their level of education or background. This is the lowest point the VP can go in defending condemnable actions of his boss.

1 Like

Re: Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. by Chikelue2000(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
am all ears
Re: Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. by OLADD: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
Chikelue2000:
am all ears

Now you can yarn.
Re: Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. by BeardedMeat(m): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
OLADD:

Now you can yarn.
Op, I had a good laugh when I read that. I was like poor Osibande, they sent him to do the hatchet job.
Re: Magu: Osinbajo's Explanation On DSS Report Is An Afterthought. by OLADD: 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Op, I had a good laugh when I read that. I was like poor Osibande, they sent him to do the hatchet job.

The VP is gradually rubbing his hard earned image in political mud. There are certain words that shouldn't come out of the mouth of people like him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LAGOS TRAFFIC: Why Can't Offices/Banks etc in Lagos Resume At 9am & Close By 5pm / Assassination Attempt On Senator Dino: Police Arrest Kogi ALGON BOSS / Chibok Girls: Why We Helped Nigeria Negotiate With Boko Haram – Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.