Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Republic Of South Nigeria (19559 Views)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 2:19am On Dec 31, 2009
I have looked at the Nigerian project through years and i have come to the conclusion that its best the Southern part of Nigeria secedes from the North. Nigeria's industrialization is being slowed down by the northern elites and few southern cohorts.
For decades,the northern aristocracy had intentionally made majority of their own people illiterates,this was a deliberate move to suppress opposition. Today,many northerners are seeing the light but there's a limit to how far they can go with education as their political fathers keep on creating phantom islamic sects like 'Boko Haram' which deliberately scares poorer northern Muslims out of the class rooms.
I think the southern part of Nigeria must now realize that our destiny with that of the core north is doomed,just see how Yar'adua's northern kitchen cabinet has made a mockery out of our constitution. I have no doubt in my mind that if Obasanjo had suffered a mild stroke during his tenure,Atiku would have taken over. Atiku still plotted to take over even where his boss was hale and hearty.
We must liberate ourselves from the backwardness that the north has plagued on the entire nation. Let's leave Abuja for them as our parting gift. And let the likes of Fashola,Donald Duke,Soludo,Enahoro,Soyinka,Tinubu,Dokubo Asari, and other well meaning southerners come to the table of a sovereign southern Nigeria conference where we can chart our course as a group of the most enlightened black Africans on the planet.

The time is now, long live the federal republic of South Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:21am On Dec 31, 2009
EEEwo
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by AloyEmeka6: 2:25am On Dec 31, 2009
Publisher=becomerich. wink wink
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by metalgong5(m): 2:34am On Dec 31, 2009
@Poster
Your idea will never work . . .
Ndigbo can never form a union with omo-Yorubas and Niger Deltans who aided Nigeria in the genocidal act against Igbos . . . God forbid.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 2:36am On Dec 31, 2009
It can work,Igbos and Yorubas can unite.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:37am On Dec 31, 2009
publisher:

I have looked at the Nigerian project through years and i have come to the conclusion that its best the Southern part of Nigeria secedes from the North. Nigeria's industrialization is being slowed down by the northern elites and few southern cohorts.
For decades,the northern aristocracy had intentionally made majority of their own people illiterates,this was a deliberate move to suppress opposition. Today,many northerners are seeing the light but there's a limit to how far they can go with education as their political fathers keep on creating phantom islamic sects like 'Boko Haram' which deliberately scares poorer northern Muslims out of the class rooms.
I think the southern part of Nigeria must now realize that our destiny with that of the core north is doomed,just see how Yar'adua's northern kitchen cabinet has made a mockery out of our constitution. I have no doubt in my mind that if Obasanjo had suffered a mild stroke during his tenure,Atiku would have taken over. Atiku still plotted to take over even where his boss was hale and hearty.
We must liberate ourselves from the backwardness that the north has plagued on the entire nation. Let's leave Abuja for them as our parting gift. [b]And let the likes of Fashola,Donald Duke,Soludo,Enahoro,Soyinka,Tinubu,Dokubo Asari, [/b]and other well meaning southerners come to the table of a sovereign southern Nigeria conference where we can chart our course as a group of the most enlightened black Africans on the planet.

The time is now, long live the federal republic of South Nigeria.

You left out the great Ikemba Nnewi- Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and Ralph Uwazuruike. I like the idea anyway. There are only two regions qualified to lead this movement -South west (Yoruba) and South south (Ijaw). South east will happily follow if we believe the leaders are serious.
And the flag is cute too. wink
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:40am On Dec 31, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by saintneo(m): 2:44am On Dec 31, 2009
u'v designed a flag already!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 31, 2009
which kind flag be this, going from right to left?

anyway- no maps?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Pifa: 2:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Dude, you're too much!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:00am On Dec 31, 2009
On closer observation, I don't think Publisher=becomerich.
Publisher's written English is far better.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 3:13am On Dec 31, 2009
Oh,here's the map. This idea may sound and look crazy,but this could be the beginning of a new movement for the peaceful and cordial separation of Nigeria.

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 31, 2009
^^ for starters, the name Nigeria is anathema to some, so you have to go back to your drawing board.

and proceed from there.

1 Like

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by puskin: 3:16am On Dec 31, 2009
mMm. . . . . .becomrich finally has a protege. grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by bibiking1(m): 3:24am On Dec 31, 2009
puskin:

mMm. . . . . .becomrich finally has a protege. grin

What bloody protegee? this is Becomerich in all his glory!!!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by publisher(m): 3:32am On Dec 31, 2009
You guys may call me anything,but i honestly have no idea on who this[b] becomerich[/b] person is. But i'm certain he must have shared some block busting views on this fora.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2009
becomrich is the village joker or should I say was

welcome publisher
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by puskin: 3:41am On Dec 31, 2009
bibiking1:

What bloody protegee? this is Becomerich in all his glory!!!

But their ideologies on how Nigeria should seperate aren't the same. . . . . . . . or has he changed his ideology. undecided undecided
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 3:53am On Dec 31, 2009
Uhhh there is no way Nigeria can seperate peacefully Sjeezy and the millions of sjeezys in Nigeria/abroad will surely not fight in a civil war.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Pifa: 3:57am On Dec 31, 2009
I don't like the green color of the flag. I've never liked it and never will. Can you change it to some other color? How about navy blue?

Try RGB 0, 64, 128 on your color palette.

Btw, you just can't paint us a nice flag; you have to tell us what the green stripes and stars, and the white background denote in the union.

Now, all we have to do is declare independence from Nigeria.

Another gripe: I would prefer to remove the name Nigeria from the new country. I want complete severance of association with the old Nigeria.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 4:07am On Dec 31, 2009
Only a daft person will conclude that Publisher=Becomrich.
Language, ideology, response all far different. Welcome Brother
The south can sit on a round table and discuss it. The flag, names and perspective must be different from the current nation.

What do we do with our Benue, Kwara and Kogi brothers, many of whom are progressive, are related to some of us by lineage, but also bogged down like us by the snaily far north?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Ekpoma1: 4:12am On Dec 31, 2009
Interesting.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by onyengbu1(m): 4:22am On Dec 31, 2009
How can any body conclude that publisher is becomrich.
The grammar is not close to being same let alone ideology.
@sjeezy,
are you telling us that the reason why you dont want seccesion is because you are afraid of war not because it is bad for our progress?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Choco5: 4:29am On Dec 31, 2009
We are busy here trying to improve and discuss about our beautiful country Nigeria while this moro n is busy painting pictures with Microsoft paint and corel draw. Dunce!
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Boboribo: 4:30am On Dec 31, 2009
How will seceding from main stream and good old Nigeria help us in the South?  Are we United sufficiently in the South.  Someone enlighten me please.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2009
Where will the capital of the new country be? grin grin grin grin
I suggest somewhere around Edo/Delta boarder for obvious reasons: centrality and neutrality from the Yoruba-Igbo ''supremacy'' battle.  grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2009
Make me the president!!! grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Beaf: 7:08am On Dec 31, 2009
onye_ngbu:

How can any body conclude that publisher is becomrich.
The grammar is not close to being same let alone ideology.
@sjeezy,
are you telling us that the reason why you dont want seccesion is because you are afraid of war not because it is bad for our progress?

It is called "raw, piss in pants" fear. grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2009
Building castle in the air.kai
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 31, 2009
Easier said than done
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by heilige(m): 7:18am On Dec 31, 2009
@Publisher

This idea is bullshit. It will never work. Your so called southern nigeria should be further divided. Igbos will never go with yorubas. Niger Deltans will never go with the igbos. What about our so called calabars and awka iboms.
Please redraw your map, and let the blog discussion go on.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2009
The mere fact that the south maintains homogeneous levels of education and development should facilitate the process of negotiating a new nation. The Ethnic Nationalities Conference is an existing platform to attempt that.
An exhaustive conference should precede all other processes leading to separation from the north.
For it to work the following should be enshrined in the constitution:

(1) You live in a place for one year (or two), you qualify to be a resident for purposes of tax, benefits and contesting elections.
(2) There must be no quota system or federal character. You prove your competency, you get the job, period. This will ensure rapid development to first world status.
(3) All children under 18 must be in school.
(4) The Capital city can be anywhere (who cares) provided it is strategic enough for easier defense.
(5) No zoning of elective positions. You contest once you meet the minimum residency requirement.
(6) Capital flight or money laundering to attract long jail terms or capital punishment.
(7) All males must serve in the military for a period to be determined before continuing to university or after university.

There's many more, but I believe no one in the south would be cheated by any of the above suggested points.
The north would struggle with most of the above points. Like I said earlier, the south west and/or south south must lead this, we (south east) will happily follow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Recesion: We’re Dying, Nigerians Lament - VANGUARD / DSS Clears Saraki Of N310m Ownership / See Photos of one Of The Three Flyovers In Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.