Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? (9503 Views)

Plz Help Me With Homemade Dog Food Recipes And Preparation / Just A Novice, Can Someone Help Me With This Dog Breed Name / Pls Can Someone Help Identify This Breed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
I got a 12 weeks old GSD pup recently and i have been feeding it with Bingo and some other foods like eggs, milk, flakes, chicken and rice. I need recipes for homemade dog food to prepare for it so it could get bigger / fatter cuz it is kinda still too skinny for my liking presently... Please help out guys...
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 05, 2017
agonyi beans and bread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by nickyvil: 7:19pm On May 06, 2017
beewhy009:
I got a 12 weeks old GSD pup recently and i have been feeding it with Bingo and some other foods like eggs, milk, flakes, chicken and rice. I need recipes for homemade dog food to prepare for it so it could get bigger / fatter cuz it is kinda still too skinny for my liking presently... Please help out guys...

If you can pay for my service. in the next two weeks you won't recognized your dog again cos he's going to be bigger than what you expected

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by highchief3(m): 1:41am On May 07, 2017
money is not every thing my child! help the brother if you can.

nickyvil:

If you can pay for my service. in the next two weeks you won't recognized your dog again cos he's going to be bigger than what you expected

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2017
nickyvil:

Lol... Thanks for the humor sire. I already got d trick and Nicky is now bigger than expected grin. Thanks to my researches and helping friends too, herein attached are before and after pictures after just 4 weeks... More room for improvements tho, I don't mind if you can still ep more winkcool

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2017
uzzyfire:
agonyi beans and bread grin grin

Lol
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by donshaize(m): 2:24pm On May 07, 2017
beewhy009:

Lol... Thanks for the humor sire. I already got d trick and Nicky is now bigger than expected grin. Thanks to my researches and helping friends too, herein attached are before and after pictures after just 4 weeks... More room for improvements tho, I don't mind if you can still ep more winkcool
op ur dog's solid, kindly share the trick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by lanr3y1: 9:45pm On May 15, 2017
beewhy009:

Kindly the share the trick pls!
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 16, 2017
Seconded
lanr3y1:

Kindly the share the trick pls!
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by theecaus(m): 10:52am On May 16, 2017
nickyvil:

people can be funny sha,did he buy the dog for him to only feed or what's the essence of giving your dog out to someone to feed for you and you pay them....mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Learnt alot from my journey with Nicki and i am glad. Great improvement guys and i can say lots of research, attention to details & going to lengths to make sure she eats d best diet despite not having enough to buy her canned foods have reaped rewards...

Check her out, ds pic was taken last week...

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Lots of guys av bn disturbing me and i am sorry for not answering on time to ya mails and personal messages...

Moreso i wl soon post standing pictures of her here, she is just too hyperactive with me always cuz i now see her every weekend and she is always happy anytime i am around, that makes it harder to get a nice pic of her. She is a nice and great pup to be with
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by toms55(m): 6:09am On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:
Lots of guys av bn disturbing me and i am sorry for not answering on time to ya mails and personal messages...
please bro what do you feed her with
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:16am On Jun 23, 2017
The first time i visited a Vet, i met a breeder who was astonished and wondered how Bingo could work for her like that. It was later i learnt here that pple had bad experiences about Bingo. I got a 10kg Bingo feed way before i even had her at a SuperMart and i supplement that with Milk, Eggs then rice and chicken. I don't give milk and eggs d same day, always 24 hours apart, then i always get Chicken head, legs and necks from d market at 5H and she finishes that every 7 days to supplement her food.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2017
She eats bread and tea, and likewise loves Indolmie cooked with cooked fish / meat water with fish waste. Always get fish waste for her too. She always eat meat / chicken everytime, i av a mini poultry tho, so i consider her lucky. After finishing the 10kg Bingo feed, she ate a little Dr Tessy buh she doesn't really like that so i dumped it. Yet none of this affected her in any way either from her poo, attitude or health. She is always dope
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:23am On Jun 23, 2017
Like a month ago now, after several findings on their nutrition needs and talks with breeders, i made her first home made dry feed, in fact that one is already finished and i already made another last week, she loves it lyk mad. I wld be posting here the recipes (if i gt enough requests from guys here) for d homemade dry food that doesn't cost me much at all and supplement that with meats and chickens for her...
Enough Requests is what i ask here...
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by Ayoboo: 7:13am On Jun 23, 2017
Buy her 5 star rated dog food, Balance protein ., vitamins & amino acids 08160820140

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by Ayoboo: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Buy her 5 star rated dog food, Balanced food protein 30%, vitamins & amino acids 08160820140

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by donshaize(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2017
requesting
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by lanr3y1: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:
Like a month ago now, after several findings on their nutrition needs and talks with breeders, i made her first home made dry feed, in fact that one is already finished and i already made another last week, she loves it lyk mad. I wld be posting here the recipes (if i gt enough requests from guys here) for d homemade dry food that doesn't cost me much at all and supplement that with meats and chickens for her...
Abeg share the recipe... My plea alone na 5million nairalanders own o
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by fabulouskay(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:

What is this guy feeling like? Nigerians sha! Over a topic we finalized about a year ago... lmao
Guys, abeg, here's the formulae:
https://www.nairaland.com/3260193/advice-local-recipe-dog-food

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by aquadude15: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
fabulouskay:

What is this guy feeling like? Nigerians sha! Over a topic we finalized about a year ago... lmao
Do you know if his formular is different from what you have their.
Op abeg share your magic formula

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
fabulouskay:

fabulouskay:

Lol... Feeling like indeed. So its bad to be sure people are following right? Already said i received mails, if i wanted to be selfish i wouldn't have promised them i would post at my leisure time.

And where were you when i first requested for help here and no one answered if you ain't feeling like sth either... Lols. Anyway thanks for the post you shared though as it gives room for more improvements and researches as i crave for knowledge. I still made a call to the Propac Ultimate guy who posted on d thread up there to make some findings earlier this morning to broaden my knowledge, to show d kinda man i am. When i ain't asking for money, can't teach an empty class likewise...
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
lanr3y1:

Abeg share the recipe... My plea alone na 5million nairalanders own o

Gat you bro, i will post when i get back home sire...
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by fabulouskay(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:

Lol... Feeling like indeed. So its bad to be sure people are following right? Already said i received mails, if i wanted to be selfish i wouldn't have promised them i would post at my leisure time.

And where were you when i first requested for help here and no one answered if you ain't feeling like sth either... Lols. Anyway thanks for the post you shared though as it gives room for more improvements and researches as i crave for knowledge. I still made a call to the Propac Ultimate guy who posted on d thread up there to make some findings earlier this morning to broaden my knowledge, to show d kinda man i am. When i ain't asking for money, can't teach an empty class likewise...

Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!
You have done well sir!
NL classmates, where are you; our teacher can't teach to an 'empty class' and he wants to share some very valuable and important Knowledge so, let's all congregate... lols
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
fabulouskay:

Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!
You have done well sir!
NL classmates, where are you; our teacher can't teach to an 'empty class' and he wants to share some very valuable and important Knowledge so, let's all congregate... lols

Lol. Whatever... Teacher indeed... Smh. Already had lyk 5 guys here following plus you undecided, that is more than ok for me. Increased views for the thread already, cuz many won't signify either. Needed just lyk 2 to 3 pple bfr u even posted at all, i already gat that... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by fabulouskay(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:

'Where was I?' On a topic we massively contributed to, concluded last year and update very often?

'...to be sure people are following...' The whole aim of treads like this is to share every Knowledge you've accumulated; you don't need people to follow the thread, just share and one day, it'll be beneficial to someone

'The kind of man you are'. Sincerely, I believe you are a very great man...

I really can't wait for the new discoveries you've made...

Apologies for my earlier reply...

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
beewhy009:

The post @fabulouskay shared here really helped in what i actually wanted to pass across and i am glad. Writing actually Is what i don't find easy so i will be editing what was posted by @fabulouskay and just input d difference i add to my feed which was (wheat)

#copied
While there is no nutritional requirement for wheat in a dog’s diet, there are benefits to its presence. For instance, certain wheats can contain fibers that may be helpful in aiding the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut or intestines. Fiber found in wheat is also helpful in keeping your dog’s bowel movements regular.

Speaking of keeping regular, it’s been found that older dogs are more likely to develop constipation, so increased fiber, such as wheat bran, can help keep things moving.

Wheat also packs a burst of energy — the carbohydrates found in this grain are great when it comes to fueling muscular and metabolic activities
#copied

*Moreso, i noticed after i discovered wheat and i included it in her diet, she started having a firm Poo and her poo no longer stain d cage d times she poo in her cage like when i fed her just corn without wheat.

INGREDIENTS

*1/2 part of Wheat
▪️2 Parts Corn
▪️1 Part Soya Beans
▪️1 Part Groundnuts
▪️Fish (could be crayfish, fish waste, etc and as much as you can afford. You can do 1 part fish of your choice, don't just go overboard as too much protein isn't good).

*Roast the soya beans to remove the shaft as the shaft is poisonous. Then grind all together until very smooth.

*Instead of roasting groundnuts, i actually bought the bottled groundnut and used it all to ease d stress of roasting myself.

PROCEDURE FOR COOKING

Into a pot of water on fire, pour some of the formula and stir (e.g 2 tin cups of milk into 1&1/2 glass cup of water). Keep stiring until you get a consistency like pap (Ogi). It takes a little while to get this consistency, so be patient. If it's too thick, you can add some water. For the wee pups, it's shouldn't be thick. For older dogs, you can serve thick.

*I don't add salt, seasoning or palm oil as my pup accepts it fast. You can add a little if you so wish and notice the reaction and changes.

*make it not too thick and not too watery so when it cools it wl be firm by itself.

NB; Your dogs won't readily eat it, as its new to them so start small when cooking.

*But my dog accepted it fast without problems, though i suspected she might not want to so i just used boiled fish water / boiled meat water to make the feed for her.
NB; when using that, please mind the spice.

Here's a tip from a fellow nairalander @LordRegalia, if you're having trouble getting your dogs to eat something new, mix it with something they really like. In my case I mixed it with pedigree (rice & chicken). The trick is to have more quantity of what your dog likes with little of what you're introducing. Begin to reduce what it likes while adding more of the staple food - in this case the formula, until it's just the staple food they're consuming.

*That's all about the homemade recipe that worked for the 2 pups of mine. I gt a GSD and a Samoyed.

*NB; this could be more and fastly acceptable by pups than the semi adults or d adult dogs but over time you can introduce it to them. Moreso, what works for my dog might not work for yours, so notice changes and allergies when introducing new tnz to ya dogs.
Moreso, i feed them with dz recipe only once a day. As they take rice, chickens, meats, eggs and yes my dogs love yam and eggs too. I also do gv them youghurts et al.

Thanks a lot guys.

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
fabulouskay:

'Where was I?' On a topic we massively contributed to, concluded last year and update very often?

'...to be sure people are following...' The whole aim of treads like this is to share every Knowledge you've accumulated; you don't need people to follow the thread, just share and one day, it'll be beneficial to someone

'The kind of man you are'. Sincerely, I believe you are a very great man...

I really can't wait for the new discoveries you've made...

Apologies for my earlier reply...

Its no problem bro... But i am actually surprised as after my search for that i didn't and never saw d NL post u concluded last year. There is no way i could have seen it either as it was since last year and wasn't updated. And if someone had just posted even d link of the thread when i asked for help with my thread with no response, i would have even posted on that group for guys to try mixing wheat if they so wish and share my findings, its simple now. We all in for knowledge. My quest for knowing tnz made me ask for help earlier on and i don't think that is bad.

I also apologize for any wrong words anyway or anyhow too... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by beewhy009(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
And to all coming at me cuz i asked to know if pple are following, just don't wanna feel lonely out there... Apologies for any offense in anyway...

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by CreamCracker(f): 5:49am On Jun 24, 2017
Nice one boss, will try it out soon. The not firm poo is right tho... I pray the wheat gives me the said changes too and i will be glad.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? by toms55(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
I have tried this feed formula and sincerely it will be so ungrateful for me not to share my testimony.
My rottweiler pup I used to feed her noodles crumbs mixed with fish she enjoyed this but at some point I guess she became fed up of the feed and she doesn't eat it, I became so worried cos to me it is prefarable if i do not eat but my dog not eating causes me great concern, I was skeptical at first but I decided to try anyway.
I bought the ingredients in smaller quantities since im just trying for the first time; I bought maize, wheat,soyabean, groundnut, dry fish, crayfish and grinded all these together. Its just about a week now and my pup has become the talk of town, she is now fatter, bigger and her appetite for food has increased greatly.shout out to beewhy009 i appreciate you bro.

I will also share this life hack for dogs my vet gave me this Trick, if your dog is a picky eater or eats little or nothing buy Vitamin B tablets and Vitamin C (white colored) tablets grind like 4 pieces of vitamin B tablets together with like 5 tablets of the vitamin C tablets (it could be more or less depending on the dog's body size) I assure you at some point you will get tired of constant feeding lol. My dog now eats beyond expectations she now finishes her bowl of meal and when her food didn't get to her on time this heavy barking begins lol.

Thanks everyone who contributed to this.
Below is the before and after pics

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? / Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) / What Do You Think Of Pets(especially Dogs)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.