Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Made In Nigeria. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made In Nigeria. (1295 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made In Nigeria. by mejai(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen in Nairaland, i greet u all.

I just stumbled on a thread about a 'car' made by an Imo state man. I never wanted to laugh. lol!!!

Now, I want to ask what does it take to produce a car?

Here in Nairaland, Gazzuzz, kingreign, nurey, kashif, honmusa and co can team up and produce a nice engine.

Not forgetting Ikenna351, luvinhubby, adanny01, Denn and d gang.

A good artist can be contacted to give us d best design, both interior and exterior.

Dis project would be worthwhile instead of all dis toys they make in Nigeria. At least, a prototype will make d govt listen.

Finally Autojosh will market d concept.

I rest my case here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria. by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
Let me Park my jalopy here

There are actually two ways to produce a car
1. Start from scratch (bugatti, Lamborghini et al)
2. Use existing platform, just design and out source parts (mass produced cars)

For number 1
You first have to design a concept then take it through testing (this is done with graphical softwares) after feed back from graphics, make a prototype, physically test it in your control room making sure results are close to concept testing result. Modify prototype to your taste and start casting parts. A very expensive process as everything from the engine has to be built from scratch it's not only limited to hypersport cars but also new models of cars that didn't exist before.

For number 2
You already have the resources just need modification on existing platform then you start outsourcing parts from other engineering firm like engine and other engine parts, headlamps and Co. Example the Rover 6xx series sourced their engine from Honda, also the Isuzu rodeo, Honda passport, opel Antara are basically the same vehicle just very minute difference.

Now why can't Nigerian build cars from scratch?

Car has gone from just welding and joining to casting from metal ores, so you first need a metallurgy industry to cast to your taste the body and frame. To run such industry isn't expensive but to build one is, unfortunately the ajaokuta steel isn't functioning if it was, I could make billions of naira casting a lot of things.

Building a car engine, most car manufacturers have their engine already with millions pump into research to make em better, our engineering professors can't even design a lawn mower engine. Mitsubishi may not be selling more cars but believe me most of those cars you call chinco come with Mitsubishi engines.

Economy. The economy really affect a lot of things and will dictate the purchasing power of the people, if you bringing a brand new Nigerian made car in 2017 and you want people to buy, your price shouldn't be more than 1.5m any above that you now start dragging with top dogs in the game and you are bound to lose.

Due to cost of production that selling price isn't feasible.

As for me, I can't bother manufacturing a car from scratch but I can use existing platforms to build my car just like innoson is doing but I would be more innovative by designing my own local seats, my plastic dash board, Making my own. Local mat, there are a lot of things that can be done locally to reduce cost of importing everything and joining together.

4 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria. by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
mejai:
Ladies and Gentlemen in Nairaland, i greet u all.

I just stumbled on a thread about a 'car' made by an Imo state man. I never wanted to laugh. lol!!!

Now, I want to ask what does it take to produce a car?

Here in Nairaland, Gazzuzz, kingreign, nurey, kashif, honmusa and co can team up and produce a nice engine.

Not forgetting Ikenna351, luvinhubby, adanny01, Denn and d gang.

A good artist can be contacted to give us d best design, both interior and exterior.

Dis project would be worthwhile instead of all dis toys they make in Nigeria. At least, a prototype will make d govt listen.

Finally Autojosh will market d concept.

I rest my case here.
eheh I go sweet, but who go do the mold and where we go get the required Energy to power the mold, nah that B the koko
Re: Made In Nigeria. by mejai(m): 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
erico2k2:

eheh I go sweet, but who go do teh mold and where we go get the required Energy to power the mold, nah that B the koko
true talk. but wen d brains come together, d solution will be available.

Nurey, welcome.
Re: Made In Nigeria. by nurey(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
Op you forgot to mention the only man that can make the dream come true

- The baba of car talk
- Epe fun wa baba
- Machine yin ooo ni jam
- The iru mole of others
- Baba ti agbodo foju di
- Baba to moyi awon omo
- Baba ti ooo for oshi
- Baba gentle
- Baba wanbe
- Tuale baba
- Mojuba fun baba

EGUNMOGAJI

Re: Made In Nigeria. by Whizpeter(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Boss Egun brought up this idea and created a thread for it some months back... I guess he's decided to let things lie low for a while..

It's a viable project!
Re: Made In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Whizpeter:
Boss Egun brought up this idea and created a thread for it some months back... I guess he's decided to let things lie low for a while..

It's a viable project!

It's very viable and based on logistics I'm prepared and motivated to show something in due time.

The garage is ready, not I need to source the required tools.
Re: Made In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
nurey:

- The baba of car talk
- Epe fun wa baba
- Machine yin ooo ni jam
- The iru mole of others
- Baba ti agbodo foju di
- Baba to moyi awon omo
- Baba ti ooo for oshi
- Baba gentle
- Baba wanbe
- Tuale baba
- Mojuba fun baba

EGUNMOGAJI

You this man ehn? grin

Who I be?

Seriously, we have the resource both in manpower, engineering knowledge, etc to do something.

We can't wait on the government.
Re: Made In Nigeria. by Whizpeter(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's very viable and based on logistics I'm prepared and motivated to show something in due time.

We can't wait to receive you in your full glory... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria. by mejai(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You this man ehn? grin

Who I be?

Seriously, we have the resource both in manpower, engineering knowledge, etc to do something.

We can't wait on the government.
Baba, tuale sir!!! Welcome.
Re: Made In Nigeria. by daamazing(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2017
nurey:

- The baba of car talk
- Epe fun wa baba
- Machine yin ooo ni jam
- The iru mole of others
- Baba ti agbodo foju di
- Baba to moyi awon omo
- Baba ti ooo for oshi
- Baba gentle
- Baba wanbe
- Tuale baba
- Mojuba fun baba

EGUNMOGAJI
This killed me! cheesy
Re: Made In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Efe ti take over cheesy

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 13, 2017
I will provide moral support (weed), y'all need to be steady high up for better performance. Don't thank me, it's the least I can do. lipsrsealed

Nurey you should consider Fuji. Give Kwam1, Pasuma, Obesere and the likes, a run for their money.
Re: Made In Nigeria. by nurey(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2017
PaperLace:
I will provide moral support (weed), y'all need to be steady high up for better performance. Don't thank me, it's the least I can do. lipsrsealed

Nurey you should consider Fuji. Give Kwam1, Pasuma, Obesere and the likes, a run for their money.

i fit sing thunder and brimstone, nah musical instruments dey delay me grin you can like send me a million naira let me buy a CELLO as am in love with it tongue
Re: Made In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
nurey:

i fit sing thunder and brimstone, nah musical instruments dey delay me grin you can like send me a million naira let me buy a CELLO as am in love with it tongue
CELLO? That's a string instrument ba?
I will buy you talking drum. grin

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

No VIO Officials On Lagos Road In Past Few Weeks? / What Is The Highest Speed You've Ever Attained With Your Vehicle? / HONDA BULLET (tiger Face 1996)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.