Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (69856 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 8:44am On Apr 13, 2017
mightyhaze:
Wow buriful city

This was b4 napalm bombs and endless artilley fire levelled every single structure to the ground!

And yet what rose from the ashes of the war is an enigma 2 behold!

Igbo amaka di anyi!

You people can quantify things with such nonsensical adjectives. Anyone who's never been to Onitsha would think he is describing Switzerland and not a cesspit that we all know it is.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by whitebeard(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2017
What of during the war pics
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by jidxin(m): 8:46am On Apr 13, 2017
obaino860:

don't just mention that shithole called Ibadan here...I just came back from there..
minus Lagos..SWest have a long way to go...
the so called Ibadan is a local Muslim dilapidated city with local ugly and smelling girls, covering leg,hand and head...that place is just a shithole...I just hate that place, God forbid
u only visit just a lil part of it. its still one of d most urbanised in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by MaziOmenuko: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
As a Yoruba Muslim, I must confess this thread is not good for my health angry

cheesycheesycheesy

Guy you are a clown cheesygrin

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by mightyhaze: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
Kakamorufu:
just saying tho.. why did another dude bring up the picture of Osogbo if the thread is for onitsha. he started the derailment
oshogbo? I don't tink anybody mentioned oshogbo nor ibadan here. U guys can create a thread on them,..this one is for onitsha,...thank u!

13 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by rozayx5(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

You people can quantify things with such nonsensical adjectives. Anyone who's never been to Onitsha would think he is describing Switzerland and not a cesspit that we all know it is.

the only problem which onitsha has is drainage and poor street infrstraucture

but the residential buildings , they have tried

10 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by robosky02(m): 8:50am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha bridge during the war

the bridge today

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by enigma2007(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2017
mightyhaze:
oshogbo? I don't tink anybody mentioned oshogbo nor ibadan here. U guys can create a thread on them,..this one is for onitsha,...thank u!

Someone actually brought in Oshogbo...

People just derailed the thread.. Learning history on NL is lot of work...
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:52am On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
I can barely spot any brown roofs

See what our IDP camps in osogbo looked like before, during, and after d war grin...
You people will just be looking for trouble upandan grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
I can barely spot any brown roofs

See what our IDP camps in osogbo looked like before, during, and after d war grin...
Hehehee, cheesy cheesy cheesy guy you funny, but abeg no spoil this thread for us.

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Kakamorufu(m): 8:53am On Apr 13, 2017
mightyhaze:
well. check. one of ur brother did.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by tetengi4life(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2017
I SALUTE U OP
I WAS BORN THERE.
NOW IN THE NORTH AND STILL SEEING MY HOUSE FROM AFAR

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kevoh(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2017
Apart from the pictures with that Volkswagen beetle and Yellow bus, I don't see much difference when compared to present day Nigeria. undecided undecided Take the pictures with markets as example. Present day Nigerian market, still looks same way or even worse.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ChristyB(f): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2017
Peaceful and Calm, now na push dem go push you down still take your bag ontop,

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
As a Yoruba Muslim, I must confess this thread is not good for my health angry
u don craze finish I swear grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by KVC1970: 8:58am On Apr 13, 2017
Igbo Amaka.
Thanks to God Almighty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2017
rozayx5:

the only problem which onitsha has is drainage and poor street infrstraucture

but the residential buildings , they have tried

You need to go out more.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by fatiaforreal: 8:59am On Apr 13, 2017
Beautiful city. I wonder why you find it difficult to live there, instead of spreading like plague everywhere. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by enigma2007(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2017
obaino860:

don't just mention that shithole called Ibadan here...I just came back from there..
minus Lagos..SWest have a long way to go...
the so called Ibadan is a local Muslim dilapidated city with local ugly and smelling girls, covering leg,hand and head...that place is just a shithole...I just hate that place, God forbid

Dude! Possibly you went to the poorer side of town or you didn't visit ibadan as you claimed.. I was in that town for a year and i criss-crossed the entire town (from the poorer parts to the richer parts).

I have been to Onitsha before and at 1st i wasn't too impressed cuz i met loud, smelly, rude & aggressive set of people people with crappy roads but i kept an open mind because i came there to have fun and celebrate with friends and not to pass judgement on millions of people because of the few that i met on my 1st day. I had good outings later on and if i have the time, i will visit again..

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ba7man(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
I haven't seen anything spectacular yet. undecided

No skyscrapper then, non now.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by mightyhaze: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

calm down adamu! Don't bust a vessel. For a city dat was reduced 2 mere rubbles during the war,..infact I can't even find suitable superlatives 2 qualify it.

I'm sure u neva been 2 onitsha,...heck u ever left ur village?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by KVC1970: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2017
God bless Igbo land in general.
This is land of prosperity

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by zemaik(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2017
Chai! Onitsha before 1967 is better than many sections of present day BRR (Brown Roof Republic)

17 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2017
Nice, but a couple of these pics look like someones imagination rather than the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by magoo10(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Igbo's been developing since 500bc.

Igbo amaka

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2017
i could have sworn that these are colored photos made to look old via effects shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ExpiredNigeria: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2017
jidxin:
wow I tot dey said igbos re intelligent. ..now I know beta. you lack analytical mind. now let me break dz down to you. ibadan AKA the brown roof Republic is d biggest city in Africa. there are more urbanised centers in ibadan dan d biafra land. Now think...the so called brown roofs are just some part tho significant yet small part of ibadan. the recent survey of urbanisation nd industrialisation ibadan comes b4 any igbo nation. let lets talk wit wisdom

What wisdom are you talking with? A place demolished to zero level within a space of few years become alive and vibrant again to the glare of everyone by individual efforts no government intervention, and you want to compared a city that has never seen a frackers let alone war to Osha.. I don't support the people calling brown roof.. I'm not that kind of person I'm just enjoying my baifran land

17 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ThugCheetah(m): 9:08am On Apr 13, 2017
ihedioramma:
Why are you sleeping with goat ? .
did my comment pain u¿

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria / Fashola's 8 Years And Gej/FG/All PDP State's 16 Years Record. Compare. PICS.... / The Best Food, Drink Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.