Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (69990 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by mightyhaze: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol...like I said, you need to go out more. It's been almost half a century and the place looks like a pre historic site filled with dirty people. And guy, if you've been to half the contries I've been to, you'd understand. Smh.
are u dis daft adamu?

first,if biafra were 2 be sovereign,u and I knw dat wot we experiencing now will be child's play to the developments dat wud have taken place.

Secondly why do u keep comparing igbo regions with places like switzerland and Germany? Is it because u feel they are supposed 2 be rubbing shoulders with such ppl,if not for the successive useless and repressive successive govts of Nigeria? It wud av made a semblance of sense if u had compared the region with other regions in nigeria(dat havnt seen a single rocket launch b4 o).

I told u 2 take it easy just now didt I? I prefer 2 have u alive here and blubbering rather dan hav u deceased here out of envy and dementia grin

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
kenralph:

My brother you obviously don't have any valid point to defend your ill conceived comparison of Onitsha and Germany.
I ain't taking away anything from Deutscheland. They've come a long way by being the most buoyant economy in the Euro zone today. #danke

Why shouldn't I compare? They both exist don't they? Comparisons drives us most times. When you have nothing to aspire to the end result is a country like Nigeria. #bitte.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha industrial area

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
mightyhaze:
are u dis daft adamu?

first,if biafra were 2 be sovereign,u and I knw dat wot we experiencing now will be child's play to the developments dat wud have taken place.

Secondly why do u keep comparing igbo regions with places like switzerland and Germany? Is it because u feel they are supposed 2 be rubbing shoulders with such ppl,if not for the successive useless and repressive successive govts of Nigeria? It wud av made a semblance of sense if u had compared the region with other regions(dat havnt seen a single rocket launch b4 o).

I told u 2 take it easy just now didt I? I prefer 2 have u alive here and blubbering rather dan hav u deceased here out of envy and dementia grin

You are too much of a dimwit to realize I am not comparing just one region to countries like Germany. You are all Nigerians aren't you? It doesn't matter the region. One is as phucked up as the other. And keep blaming government for your woes as if you all are not the people who put them there.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
1) New Market Road, 1962.

2) ObI Okosi II of Onitsha, the day of his final Ofala. Taken 1961.

3) Dennis Memorial Grammar School, established 1925

4) Onitsha Lorry Motor Park, 1960s

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Osha industrial area

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
1) Locally modeled and assembled bus, 1960s. Nnewi.

2 & 3 Onitsha Market Literature:

4) Passenger ferry, arriving at Onitsha. Late 1950s.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dozzy Oil industries Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
1) Waiting for the passenger ferry at Onitsha, 1960.

2) Akpaka Forest reserve, cleared for expansion. 1960.

3) Locally manufactured and advertised grooming products, displayed in Onitsha, 1960.

4) Advertisement for eatery place, called "hotel" in those days. Niger Hotel, 1961.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
1) Interior, Onitsha main market, 1961.

2) Street view, Onitsha 1961.

3) Ozo titled men gathering for a meeting, 1961.

4) Architect’s Model of Main Market Onitsha, 1952

Background: In 1949 the Onitsha Native Authority began a project of organizing market reconstruction, which met with approval by the Eastern Nigerian Government in 1952. In 1956 actual construction began.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by bejite: 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ewu.
lebete3000:

"No Federal help" ds is the problem I haave with Igbos, most of them suffer from Grandiose Delusions. So you mean d FG doesn't share you bailout funds or they don't give yall monthly allocations. And once you tell them d truth you become an enemy and dy tag you dr most beloved title- Afonja! The SW would have loved to partner with the SE to conquer the North but we know they're just a set of vainglorious, chest-thumping, infantile and lousy set of people. That's why we manage to be comfortable with the North. Even d SS guys can't cope with the SE. Countries dat are far more developed are still very courteous & welcoming but make igbo do one tin wey be sey na copycat sef, the whole world no go hear word again. I wonder wetin go happen d day Igboman produce nuclear bomb, dem go sey dr lineage dey related to Jesus Christ & Albert Einstein. The Igbos have a big psychological problem and dy don't know it. I really wish Nigeria grants dem dr freedom. I'm very sure they won't last 10yrs b4 dy wipe themselves off and dat will be good riddance as d rest of us will just stroll in and Nigeria go hear word once more.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
old bridge Photo taken in 1963

2) Nigerian Soldiers and civilians mingle as they cross the Niger Bridge at Onitsha following its re-opening. The bridge was destroyed during the Civil War. (1970)

3) A motor road through Awka, 1960.

4) Two women dressed for August meeting in Awka, 1960s.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by iamhorny(m): 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
1& 2 Inland Onitsha, residents gathering for a communal event.

3) All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha, side view. Circa 1960.

4) Obi of Awka-Etiti announces his forthcoming Ofala.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Dhugal: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

What are you saying? Why you mumu like this na? Yes Germany had to get loans and funds from different countries to build up the country. Nigeria has gotten loans and funds from different countries as well. Plus, from the world bank, IMF, and it even has oil. What have they done with it? Germany built up it's country to what it is today and more importantly, are able to maintain it. Nigeria cannot even maintain a university hostel's toilet. Think before you post rubbish.
You just exposed yourself as an untravelled ignoramus.The Marshall Plan wasn't any loan,it was a coordinated plan,thought out and put in place by then Secretary of State George Marshall,to rebuild Europe especially Germany.No less than $50b of then money,was sunk into it.Imagine the value of that now.
Nigeria has gotten loans,bla bla.... Has any of it been dedicated to rebuilding destroyed infrastructure in the Eastern region?.
Rather what your Nigeria did was built up Lagos and then,to top it,built a brand new capital,from scratch,in Abuja.Sinking funds meant for elsewhere into it.
Dude,you know nothing.You haven't even travelled out of your enclave yet,only to your state capital and then Lagos,all your life.Dare not argue what you're wholly ignorant of,in the name of serving foolish tribal pride,or I'll be tempted to use you wipe the ground on this thread.
Germany got loans and funds,indeed

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dhugal:

You just exposed yourself as an untravelled ignoramus.The Marshall Plan wasn't any loan,it was a coordinated plan,thought out and put in place by then Secretary of State George Marshall,to rebuild Europe especially Germany.No less than $50b of then money,was sunk into it.Imagine the value of that now.
Nigeria has gotten loans,bla bla.... Has any of it been dedicated to rebuilding destroyed infrastructure in the Eastern region?.
Rather what your Nigeria did was built up Lagos and then,to top it,built a brand new capital,from scratch,in Abuja.Sinking funds meant for elsewhere into it.
Dude,you know nothing.You haven't even travelled out of your enclave yet,only to your state capital and then Lagos,all your life.Dare not argue what you're wholly ignorant of,in the name of serving foolish tribal pride,or I'll be tempted to use you wipe the ground on this thread.
Germany got loans and funds,indeed

So, basically you've just repeated what i already said before. Nice comeback grin. Anyway, take your re.tarded mind back to the recent Greek crisis. Do you know what one of the excuses that Greece used to defend their default on loans? They said that if Germany didn't pay back a large chunk of the funds given to them for their restructuring then they also have a right to default. It is a well known fact which every normal educated person know. Una go just de type rubbish because you think google will give you all the answers. And bros, my life and lifestyle will leave you in tears because you'll realize how hopeless yours is wink. Leave Aba and explore the world and your perception will evolve.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
nice!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Elbowroom: 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yyeske:
Onitsha was leveled during the war but just imagine the dynamic city today, I even guess locations in those pictures are mainly Odoakpu area i.e New market road, Ose, Marine, main market etc but see how big the city has grown with no federal help.
Igbo amaka

With no federal help?
Your governors all these while de reject monthly allocations?

Or your dead pdp didn't touch any city?

If so.. then why do you want to die because pdp was voted out?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Dhugal: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

So, basically you've just repeated what i already said before. Nice comeback grin. Anyway, take your re.tarded mind back to the recent Greek crisis. Do you know what one of the excuses that Greece used to defend their default on loans? They said that if Germany didn't pay back a large chunk of the funds given to them for their restructuring then they also have a right to default. It is a well known fact which every normal educated person know. Una go just de type rubbish because you think google will give you all the answers. And bros, my life and lifestyle will leave you in tears because you'll realize how hopeless yours is wink. Leave Aba and explore the world and your perception will evolve.
Your idiocy takes the cake.
You were comparing individually built up,postwar, Onitsha with postwar Germany and I educated you to the fact that the United States built back the destroyed infrastructure in Germany,with their Marshall Plan.Something you,the "travelled around" village man didn't know.You tried to wing it by saying they borrowed loans and funds.Now you're trying to wiggle out by pointing to the Greeks?.
Dude,better you had kept quiet and be thought a fool than to have typed and removed every scintilla of doubt.
BTW,Greece never tried to justify loan default by pointing at any nation's infrastructure fund,the bulk of the bailout they were taking/took,cams from Germany,Europe's economic powerhouse.
And lest you think you've muddied the waters,the crux of debate here is you comparing Germany,"rebuilt"by the United States and the Eastern region,being built back through individual efforts,while your Nigerian so-called 3R's built Lagos,Abuja and elsewhere that never even saw a mortar launched

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Fourwinds: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
Angeleena:
beautiful... reminds me of the book,chike and the river...sooo beautiful
hmmmmm...so u read dat book...very interesting
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dhugal:

Your idiocy takes the cake.
You were comparing individually built up,postwar, Onitsha with postwar Germany and I educated you to the fact that the United States built back the destroyed infrastructure in Germany,with their Marshall Plan.Something you,the "travelled around" village man didn't know.You tried to wing it by saying they borrowed loans and funds.Now you're trying to wiggle out by pointing to the Greeks?.
Dude,better you had kept quiet and be thought a fool than to have typed and removed every scintilla of doubt.
BTW,Greece never tried to justify loan default by pointing at any nation's infrastructure fund,the bulk of the bailout they were taking/took,cams from Germany,Europe's economic powerhouse.
And lest you think you've muddied the waters,the crux of debate here is you comparing Germany,"rebuilt"by the United States and the Eastern region,being built back through individual efforts,while your Nigerian so-called 3R's built Lagos,Abuja and elsewhere that never even saw a mortar launched

Why you mumu naa. Germany took loans up to 1.5 billion dollars for the reconstruction of the country. Even a s.tupid man will know that America did not single handedly fix the country. Are we that rich? Haba. If you go Google, try do am well na. And yes, the crux of the debate is about your inability to see and compare yourselves with normalcy. You all always want and need justification on why your lives are miserable. Carry on.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Dhugal: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

Why you mumu naa. Germany took loans up to 1.5 billion dollars for the reconstruction of the country. Even a s.tupid man will know that America did not single handedly fix the country. Are we that rich? Haba. If you go Google, try do am well na. And yes, the crux of the debate is about your inability to see and compare yourselves with normalcy. You all always want and need justification on why your lives are miserable. Carry on.
Go assimilate all I'd taught you.
You may show gratitude later for the lessoning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Bollinger(m): 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dhugal:

Go assimilate all I'd taught you.
You may show gratitude later for the lessoning.

Loooooooooooool. And they wonder why they are so phucked up. If only they can put this much enthusiasm into bettering their lives. Wouldn't that be awesome? grin
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
oilyngbati:
Lol! You are the only honest yorugba I have ever come across. grin grin grin
I pity u. no wonder people easily use your brain to play football. so u dont have a single piece of sense to know that the guy u quoted is part of ur Igbo tribe? I pity your life
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by loopmongoat: 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
FKO81:
Onitsha industrial area
Where is this place you posted
I am referring to the 3rd picture
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
wow so onitsha as always and would always be a shithole. look how tatterd it is look how dirty it is look how rough and overpopulated it looks. *spits on onitsha
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by afonjaheadhunt: 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

mumu stop fooling yourself the guy just schooled you and you are still here bringing shame to your tribe, generations and ancestors. Instead of you to just lick the wounds of your badly battered ego and go into hiding you are still here clowning while others laugh at you. Ode.

I am sure you are another failed attempt at the project free education.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
I can bet that in the war only 3% of the southeast was touched. opon all that the southeast still looks underdeveloped. chai
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
mumu stop fooling yourself the guy just schooled you and you are still here bringing shame to your tribe, generations and ancestors. Instead of you to just lick the wounds of your badly battered ego and go into hiding you are still here clowning while others laugh at you. Ode.

I am sure you are another failed attempt at the project free education.
close ur Bleep mouth what do u know is that what u call shooling no wonder your life has always being miserable. am starting to suspect that most of u guys have close to five accounts so u can back yourself
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by afonjaheadhunt: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
michaelandre:
close ur Bleep mouth what do u know is that what u call shooling no wonder your life has always being miserable. am starting to suspect that most of u guys have close to five accounts so u can back yourself
what is this Afonja saying, another product of a failed free education project grin

Afonja read your post again and see if it makes any sense tongue

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
what is this Afonja saying, another product of a failed free education project grin

Afonja read your post again and see if it makes any sense tongue
I think anytime u hear the worl AFONJA u start dieing slowly bro life is too short dont kill yourself too early u even went to the extent of creating an account with it!!! I feel u pains bro dont die too early
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by afonjaheadhunt: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
michaelandre:
I think anytime u hear the worl AFONJA u start dieing slowly bro life is too short dont kill yourself too early u even went to the extent of creating an account with it!!! I feel u pains bro dont die too early
see this emotionally unstable Afonja pimple prick, talking about pains, hate and dying slowly these are all words synonymous with Afonjas or tell me how you explain Oju eja's death from otapia pia or continuous joys Afonjas derive when an IPod youth is killed or tell me how do you even explain your presence here on a Igbo city thread where you come to show hate and jealousy. Afonjas sha you guys sha enjoy living in lies and deceit and believing them to be your gospel truths. tongue

Anyways let me don't take much of your time I know you are not yet done with counting those human organs that you harvested last night from your skull Mining activities. Continue with your soft work, I say wehdone sir. tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NURTW Vice-chairman, Samuel Kayode Shot Dead In Lagos / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.