Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? (19350 Views)

Is It Permissible For A Woman To Wear A Makeup When Her Suitor Comes? / The Month Of Rajab: Is It Permissible To Fast? / Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2017
drmuri:

salam sister, but after leaving your husband because he married another wife what becomes of you?
you become a divorcée. 80% of divorcée that I know no fit hold body o. so they usually become concubines to rich men, some end up becoming second or third wife , some unfortunately end of becoming what yorubas term " aja adugbo" public dog who is so loose many strange men have sex with her forbs fee or free.
is it therefore not really better for her to be patient and take it in good faith?
My brother call it whatever you like but we know say woman sabi hold body how do i know this I'm a woman.
As for aja adugbo even a married woman can be ajaadugbo(loose) dear.
Its not better to be suffering and smiling dear .
Why can't men take being with one partner with good faith and be patient with her. Hypocrites!!!
Every woman deserve to be happy.

16 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 10:31am On Apr 14, 2017
EmmGee:

Okay now i understand you have issues.
Carry your wahala and be goinh
Na you carry wahala come.

5 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=abusurv post=55557644][/quote]
Your story is in the quran abi.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2017
transient123:

Now I understand you sir. There is no need to waste precious time.

It is not a waste of time for me to educate you on ego construct that has come to define 'masculinity against femininity' with the dogmatic effrontery that Religions portray.

Peace unto us.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by transient123(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:

Na you carry wahala come.

Can't help but smile at this comment. But, remember no one drags with his/her Robb. That was least expected no matter the circumstances.

I seek refuge in Allah.

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2017
Okeji:
Whose opinion is superior n shld b adhere to? That of Allah n His messenger, or ur own? How can u b so blindfolded wif western cultures at d detriment of ur own faith by ignoring d words of Allah n his prophet? U saw d proofs n u r still arguing, common! I even wonder if u r a true believer or just those types of people who call themselves muslims but never practice islam. My sister, pls is high time u repent n submit urslf to Allah's will cos He made u n can decide to do whatever he wants wif u. May Allah guide us all to d right path
My brother don't you ever question another faith because they have a different opinion.
The prophet never mmade it a command to marry more than one but permissible under a condition be just.
But who can be just sir not even with your children so be careful to stop twisting the prophets words.

11 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Fkhalifa(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2017
Our problems as Muslims today are:

We drag,criticize,deny,hate some commandment of Allah

We feel wiser than Allah..

We hate the ugly fearful truth and prefer the western packaged falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by transient123(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:

My brother don't you ever question another faith because they have a different opinion.
The prophet never mmade it a command to marry more than one but permissible under a condition be just.
But who can be just sir not even with your children so be careful to stop twisting the prophets words.

Permit me to ask you what you understood by being just by the ayat? The ayat I meant.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Zeinymira(f): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2017
transient123:

That was a weighty statement to make, doesn't really call for a laughter.

We should always help ourselves to do good by encouraging and help ourselves by stopping each from aggression.

WA llahu Alan.

It was funny and I laughed, big deal?

Sure, you are right about the last part
@sarahade, if you are not married yet then as a Muslim woman you have a right to a marriage contract and you can include it there that you don't want him to marry another wife. It's valid. It's permissible. If he's cool with it then he will sign it.

8 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Danmaiduguri(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2017
Ayadeji:
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters in islam. All protocols duly observed.

I know Islamically it is allowed for a man to marry up to 4 wives. But if as a wife, you feel you feel you cannot cope in such circumstances, (as resentment towards your spouse or jealousy towards the new wife may make you become sinful) is it permissible to opt out of such marriage?

Pls kindly answer with proofs. Thank you.

I suggest you consult those with knowledge (Sheikhs and ulamas) who follow authentic teaching of prophet Muhammad PBUH rather than posting it nairaland.

Allah says "And we did not sent before you any but men to whom we sent revelation, So ask those whom know and follow the Quran if you dont know" Anbiya 21:7
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Eno38151: 10:50am On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

Your words confused you, Yes, I mean no mistake. Your statements confuse you. I am not religious. I am a full human being with knowledge of all the religions in this world. I own the Koran, I own the Bible, I own the Sharia-Ki Sugmad, I own the Gospel of Barnabas and many other books belong to Buddhism, Sikkism, Taosm, Hinduism and I have plenty of Science journals on Quantum Dynamics, Digital Physics, Biogenesis, Astrophysics, Astrology, etc.

I had to tell you this, so you can have a brief overview of the Mind that you are interacting with. I am a sane Human Being without the extremism that comes with Masculinity.

I am Soul with a body and you are Soul with a body and we are Spirit at our core. The fact that Soul is birthed into Planet Earth to experience Life and return to source, and soul made choice to be female or male does not mean Female are less humans that must be controlled by men using the instrumentation of Religion.

What locus standi does a man have, to with the instrumentation of ETs institute a religion to control 4 women and impregnate them and send them out on the streets to suffer with kids begging for alms, while a man glorifies himself with his masculine hormones to have sexual intercourse at will and wish while the female entities remain like slaves.

You can choose to hide under the dogma of religion, but as a core Scientist who knows the Origin of Earth and the manipulations of the overlords, I stand against all forms of slavery, including slavery in the name of religions, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc.

I am above all religions, and I am not bound by the lower earth entities because I know what I am, and I know what you are. Do not allow your Ego to make slavery out of women. I am not interested in your preaching about control of promiscuity, because it is hypocritical to marry 4 wives and expect women to manage your dilapidated dicks because you call yourself a Man. It is idiocy and it is why Islam breed terrorism more than every other religion. Do not defend a religion you did not invent, and do not attack me for Allah. Let Allah fight for himself.

Guy, what you said is just so stupid on all levels,

1st of all islam is guidance from Allah (the creator of everything) the most knowing so it is not up for debate by even the Muslim not to talk of the faithless like you.

You may feel intellectual by saying you own a set of books, SO WHAT?? What do you think you know, yoi think the other people here dont understand philosophy or your false claim of adherence to the scientific approach,

Islam is above any consideration, so you can take your faithless carcass and join other people that share in your delirium.

And for anybody to post on this page they must state that they are muslims​, as you said you are "above religion" why are you here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 14, 2017
@Sarahade
I used to have a warped notion of Islam before I went for my NYSC. This was not due to the constant violent acts and extremism by most Muslims but because I thought in Islam, women have no opinion in their lives. I have met a hand full of Muslim women, they are either too razz(not a practicing muslim) or too engulfed in their religion that they lack any form of strength to defend themselves even when their lives depend on it.
But I met Zainab during my NYSC, a virtuous Muslim woman, strong spirited and outspoken,yet calm and witty. She spoke out against most ill practises against Muslim women under the guise of religion. I saw a new form of hope and self discovery for Muslim women.

You sort of remind me of Zainab...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2017
Eno38151:

1st of all islam is guidance from Allah (the creator of everything) the most knowing so it is not up for debate by even the Muslim not to talk of the faithless like you.

You may feel intellectual by saying you own a set of books, SO WHAT?? What do you think you know, yoi think the other people here dont understand philosophy or your false claim of adherence to the scientific approach,

Islam is above any consideration, so you can take your faithless carcass and join other people that share in your delirium.

I am not surprise at your intolerance. Ignorance fertilizes the Ego, and the Ego is the false construct of Self designed by versions of truths. Your version of truths. That is how fragile truth based on the construct of false Ego reacts when faced with convincing truth which fractures the foundation of your relative truth.

You have on plural circumstances mentioned Islam in your write up, even though I weighed on all Religions ever invented by the Overlords of Primordial days, because you seek moral support from your congregant who are ruled by emotion. I will not be tempted to descend so low as to criticize Islam myopically because of an ignorant crusader who can not actually make a point without attacking my person instead of my ideology.

My point remains and always will remain, that Science and Facts will always defeat relative relative truths built on the false contructs of the ego, which is so fragile to the point that you get emotional on the mention of your religion. Do you know Allah ? Do you know Jehovah ? Do you know Abraham or Abram ? If you know these mentioned names and the personalities behind those names, then you will understand that you are too small for me to insult, because my purpose will be defeated if I attack your person and not the contructs that has made you less than human.

Do not insult my person, not today, not tomorrow and not forever. I advise you click on the Username Billyonaire and read my threads and posts before you disgrace yourself before your followers. I will make you look so silly with facts and knowledge of Absolute Truths, Truths that is capable of setting you free from your ignorance of the History of Allah, Jehovah and the other Lords you so worship and kill for.

Peace Be Unto You.

4 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by poundlander: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2017
@mr abdelkabir, you can always pass your point without preempting anyone sir.
also, you can't possibly know how a woman feel about polygamy since you are not a woman.
as a man, i will seek d permission and approval of my wife before engaging another woman.
a lady sited the case of Fatimah and Ali, but you responded that their case is different, how different is it? isn't Ali, a caliphah aware that the intended woman is/was a khafir, before even having the intention.
in conclusion, the sheikh you quoted only said his own position that HE is mot aware of any proof, that doesn't ruleout the possibility of one.
ma salam sir

5 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Eno38151: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:

My brother call it whatever you like but we know say woman sabi hold body how do i know this I'm a woman.
As for aja adugbo even a married woman can be ajaadugbo(loose) dear.
Its not better to be suffering and smiling dear .
Why can't men take being with one partner with good faith and be patient with her. Hypocrites!!!
Every woman deserve to be happy.

Bismillah,

Allah in his infinite wisdom created both men and women, and he legislated marriage 0f a man and up to four women if he can be just amongst them.

He knows fully well what each soul(male/female) is inclined to, if the woman is jealous let her be jealous it is not a sin, but for her to try to forbid what Islam has allowed, is very dangerous.

In my opinion these arguments are bordering on the feministic point of view and SOME of them are diametrically opposed to Islam and as such it is not for a believer to follow them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 14, 2017
poundlander:
@mr abdelkabir, you can always pass your point without preempting anyone sir.

Oh, I have to do that, and I have my reason which sorta worked even tho not accurately.... Only I(and Allaah) know the benefit that "preempting" has brought.... You guys might not understand tho....it's all psychology..

also, you can't possibly know how a woman feel about polygamy since you are not a woman.
as a man, i will seek d permission and approval of my wife before engaging another woman.

Well that's you tho, you can inform the first woman, her approval is not needed according to the shareeah....

a lady sited the case of Fatimah and Ali, but you responded that their case is different, how different is it? isn't Ali, a caliphah aware that the intended woman is/was a khafir. before even having the intention.
in conclusion, the sheikh you quoted only said his own position that HE is mot aware of any proof, that doesn't ruleout the possibility of one.
ma salam sir

Sorry, a hadeeth was quoted to support the shaykh....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by xage(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:
Its only a wicked man that will marry another wife when he knows his wife will never be happy with it and such a man does not deserve you.
As a good muslimah i will leave the man so i will not sin against allah by killing both of them.
My sister if he wants to marry he is free and you are free to leave his sorry ass.
Ranting on issue like this shows insensitivity and lack of good culture. This question was well answered from knowledge base and you are telling people how intolerable and desperate you are...In Islam, it is not what you feel, it is what is acceptable. So pls behave

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Queenakande(f): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2017
Alhamdulillah! have been through this before when it happens I felt he betrayed me and the trust I had in him. but later I realize how much I love my husband and kids. I prayed and ask for Allah to make it easy for me and today Alhamdulillah we are all living under the same roof. though there is no how issues won't happen but we settled it without our husband would her off it, we pray together do everything together, some people even think we are sisters, and our kids are growing together Insha Allah. please sister pray for Allah to make it easy. I love and accept what my husband want. its better for him to tell you than for him to hide it please never think of divorce.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Saeed110: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2017
Allow ur husband to marrie more wives if only he cancan.... To prevent prostitution.... Illegal children cause more troubles.. Pls

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2017
Queenakande:
Alhamdulillah! have been through this before when it happens I felt he betrayed me and the trust I had in him. but later I realize how much I love my husband and kids. I prayed and ask for Allah to make it easy for me and today Alhamdulillah we are all living under the same roof. though there is no how issues won't happen but we settled it without our husband would her off it, we pray together do everything together, some people even think we are sisters, and our kids are growing together Insha Allah. please sister pray for Allah to make it easy. I love and accept what my husband want. its better for him to tell you than for him to hide it please never think of divorce.

Baarakallaahu feeki sister, I pray Allaah gives your more happiness in your home Ameen....

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by transient123(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2017
Eno38151:

And for anybody to post on this page they must state that they are muslims​, as you said you are "above religion" why are you here

If I were you, I would have engaged in more rewarding venture. Where do you want to start from now.....lol. Being delusional is not what you correct spot on, it involves many resources and such resources could better be utilized to less delusional goyims.

A word is more than enough for the wise brother.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Eno38151: 11:31am On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

I am not surprise at your intolerance. Ignorance fertilizes the Ego, and the Ego is the false construct of Self designed by versions of truths. Your version of truths. That is how fragile truth based on the construct of false Ego reacts when faced with convincing truth which fractures the foundation of your relative truth.

You have on plural circumstances mentioned Islam in your write up, even though I weighed on all Religions ever invented by the Overlords of Primordial days, because you seek moral support from your congregant who are ruled by emotion. I will not be tempted to descend so low as to criticize Islam myopically because of an ignorant crusader who can not actually make a point without attacking my person instead of my ideology.

My point remains and always will remain, that Science and Facts will always defeat relative relative truths built on the false contructs of the ego, which is so fragile to the point that you get emotional on the mention of your religion. Do you know Allah ? Do you know Jehovah ? Do you know Abraham or Abram ? If you know these mentioned names and the personalities behind those names, then you will understand that you are too small for me to insult, because my purpose will be defeated if I attack your person and not the contructs that has made you less than human.

Do not insult my person, not today, not tomorrow and not forever. I advise you click on the Username Billyonaire and read my threads and posts before you disgrace yourself before your followers. I will make you look so silly with facts and knowledge of Absolute Truths, Truths can is capable of setting you free from your ignorance of the History of Allah, Jehovah and the other Lords you so worship and kill for.

Peace Be Unto You.

You fool! you think you are intellectual cause you make verbose affectations, You lack the intellect to make good on any of your threats.

And as regards all your questions, if you must know, i have an understanding of them.

As you said about muslims and the "Lords you so worship and kill for" first of all you half-baked fool, There
Is only 1 lord in Islam, and if you feel that way about muslims go to your ilk, they will tolerate your balderdash.

Again i must reiterate, for one to post on this topic, a prompt will appear asking one to affirm or reject adherence to Islam, i dont know why this heathen is lurking here and he even has the effrontery to discuss and cast aspersions on Islam and promote his idiocy.

We muslims are direct descendants of Adam (a.s) as for other people that claim to have been descended from apes and other primordial creatures, you can go to your fellow creatures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by poundlander: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Oh, I have to do that, and I have my reason which sorta worked even tho not accurately.... Only I(and Allaah) know the benefit that "preempting" has brought.... You guys might not understand tho....it's all psychology..

Well that's you tho, you can inform the first woman, her approval is not needed according to the shareeah....

Sorry, a hadeeth was quoted to support the shaykh....
i sincerely appreciate your response, looking forward to your future posts if it can be devoid of incitefulness like ds. ma salam
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by maradelkitchen(f): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2017
Queenakande:
may Allah in his infinite mercy make it easy for you

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Queenakande(f): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2017
maradelkitchen:
may Allah in his infinite mercy make it easy for you
Amen Jazakumullahu khairan
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Queenakande(f): 11:42am On Apr 14, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Baarakallaahu feeki sister, I pray Allaah gives your more happiness in your home Ameen....
Amen thumma Amen
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by FriendNG: 11:47am On Apr 14, 2017
jomoh:

Please on the issue of this Mar, what of the Mar received by the sister is not something tangible.

For example she asked him to recite a Surat in the Quran off hand or asked him to memorize the whole Quran. Does it mean she will have to read it back to him or memorize the Quran as well?

Of course yes or pay him bride price. Since the recitation is equivalent to her bride price.

What if she can't? Will she have to stay in the marriage until she can?

The marriage continues if she couldn't recite back or pay with something equivalent.

Though I may be wrong.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2017
xage:
Ranting on issue like this shows insensitivity and lack of good culture. This question was well answered from knowledge base and you are telling people how intolerable and desperate you are...In Islam, it is not what you feel, it is what is acceptable. So pls behave
And you too behave and becareful with your words
the answer was biased.
And you are showing how intolerable and desperate men are that they will twist anything inorder to be selfish.
When a man is being selfish it is tolerable and not desperate but if women dares to be selfish about anything it becomes an abomination.
Islam is not what you say it is but what the prophet says it is.

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 11:54am On Apr 14, 2017
CookieLaVee:
@Sarahade
I used to have a warped notion of Islam before I went for my NYSC. This was not due to the constant violent acts and extremism by most Muslims but because I thought in Islam, women have no opinion in their lives. I have met a hand full of Muslim women, they are either too razz(not a practicing muslim) or too engulfed in their religion that they lack any form of strength to defend themselves even when their lives depend on it.
But I met Zainab during my NYSC, a virtuous Muslim woman, strong spirited and outspoken,yet calm and witty. She spoke out against most ill practises against Muslim women under the guise of religion. I saw a new form of hope and self discovery for Muslim women.

You sort of remind me of Zainab...
Thank you sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by xage(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:

And you too behave and becareful with your words
the answer was biased.
And you are showing how intolerable and desperate men are that they will twist anything inorder to be selfish.
When a man is being selfish it is tolerable and not desperate but if women dares to be selfish about anything it becomes an abomination.
Islam is not what you say it is but what the prophet says it is.
So, did the prophet call polygamy''wicked as you did? Did the prophet as women to kill their husband for taking second wife as you vow?... Why not remind us all what the prophet say it is?
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
Zeinymira:

It was funny and I laughed, big deal?

Sure, you are right about the last part
@sarahade, if you are not married yet then as a Muslim woman you have a right to a marriage contract and you can include it there that you don't want him to marry another wife. It's valid. It's permissible. If he's cool with it then he will sign it.
Thank you sister but how many women know this?
I'm not against any decision to marry more than 1 wife but they should stop tricking women to stay in the marriage and allow themselves to be emotional abused.
If a woman wants to stay in a polygamous relationship she can and if she doesn't want to she can as well leave.

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
xage:
So, did the prophet call polygamy''wicked as you did? Did the prophet as women to kill their husband for taking second wife as you vow?... Why not remind us all what the prophet say it is?
You can also twist my words to make you feel peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam / Q / Are They Now Emulating Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.