Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? (19353 Views)

Is It Permissible For A Woman To Wear A Makeup When Her Suitor Comes? / The Month Of Rajab: Is It Permissible To Fast? / Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ayadeji:

Jazaka Lah khairan for this. So from this post, i can infer that it is permissible on a woman to leave based on the above reasons if she fears it will affect her relationship with Allah. But if she can persevere and stay she will be rewarded by Allah. Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

eod. This is the summary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by transient123(m): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Zeinymira:

It was funny and I laughed, big deal?

Sure, you are right about the last part
@sarahade, if you are not married yet then as a Muslim woman you have a right to a marriage contract and you can include it there that you don't want him to marry another wife. It's valid. It's permissible. If he's cool with it then he will sign it.

Now you have helped in your little way.

Alhamdullilah and many thanks.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by carinmom(f): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I'm sorry, you are thanking her for what again? For having the heart of killing because of a rival or for being unnecessarily vulgar without any iota of shame....I'm confused, what good has she written?

I had wanted to reply her but I quietly left the thread because I hate unnecessary arguments.

May Allah forgive her though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by xage(m): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
Y
sarahade:

You can also twist my words to make you feel peace.
Tell me which of those statement I mentioned you haven't said..reading them again only made you realized they were wrong and extreme...I always tell people, when it comes to Islam, our interest does not apply

That's why it is not like the rest of the religion, where books are contextualized to favour wanton desires

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Oches4me(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

Your words confused you, Yes, I mean no mistake. Your statements confuse you. I am not religious. I am a full human being with knowledge of all the religions in this world. I own the Koran, I own the Bible, I own the Sharia-Ki Sugmad, I own the Gospel of Barnabas and many other books belong to Buddhism, Sikkism, Taosm, Hinduism and I have plenty of Science journals on Quantum Dynamics, Digital Physics, Biogenesis, Astrophysics, Astrology, etc.

I had to tell you this, so you can have a brief overview of the Mind that you are interacting with. I am a sane Human Being without the extremism that comes with Masculinity.

I am Soul with a body and you are Soul with a body and we are Spirit at our core. The fact that Soul is birthed into Planet Earth to experience Life and return to source, and soul made choice to be female or male does not mean Female are less humans that must be controlled by men using the instrumentation of Religion.

What locus standi does a man have, to with the instrumentation of ETs institute a religion to control 4 women and impregnate them and send them out on the streets to suffer with kids begging for alms, while a man glorifies himself with his masculine hormones to have sexual intercourse at will and wish while the female entities remain like slaves.

You can choose to hide under the dogma of religion, but as a core Scientist who knows the Origin of Earth and the manipulations of the overlords, I stand against all forms of slavery, including slavery in the name of religions, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc.

I am above all religions, and I am not bound by the lower earth entities because I know what I am, and I know what you are. Do not allow your Ego to make slavery out of women. I am not interested in your preaching about control of promiscuity, because it is hypocritical to marry 4 wives and expect women to manage your dilapidated dicks because you call yourself a Man. It is idiocy and it is why Islam breed terrorism more than every other religion. Do not defend a religion you did not invent, and do not attack me for Allah. Let Allah fight for himself.
am sure ur madness just started, pls find cure before u enter market.

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
ednut1:
cheesy does islam care about women or their feelings

no Islam does not care about women. I pity Islamic feminist wannabes like Linda saysour and daretodiffer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by sarahade(f): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
xage:
Y Tell me which of those statement I mentioned you haven't said..reading them again only made you realized they were wrong and extreme...I always tell people, when it comes to Islam, our interest does not apply

That's why it is not like the rest of the religion, where books are contextualized to favour wanton desires
Please stop quoting me if you like twist my words and the quran for as long as you like deep down you know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by HaneefahRN(f): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
I think polygamy is one of the things that should be discussed before marriage.
'Yes', anything can later happen but I for example would never consider marrying someone that is rigid on taking more than a wife.
I can't deal.
Some people see me as being pessimistic when it comes to marriage. Yes, I am a pessimist when it comes to marriage. What I see around is anything but rosy, many women are just going through emotional abuse, suffering and smiling just to keep being a 'Mrs'.
Marriage is mostly endured not enjoyed. You'll be hearing statements like let me keep enduring for the sake of my children.
I will try my best to satisfy my husband but if he is insatiable and decides to marry another. That will be the beginning of the end of whatever feelings I had for him.

Madam, you are allowed to seek a divorce if you can't cope with it, don't allow anyone guilt trip you into thinking you are bad or selfish for thinking that way. Most of these men wouldn't speak up so much for polygamy if the case were reversed and polyandry is permissible. Think and pray well about it and make your decision.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by tintingz(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
transient123:

Just because the foundation of a good society has been bastardized, reasons why everyone wants to claim voltron, no issues.

What is the foundation of a good society ?- family and what makes a family- marriage, we are not talking about gays or lesbians, we are talking about divine relationships, between a men and women.
Lol, what's divine in relationship?

People have been into relationship even before religion came. I will say harmony should be the first before family because without harmony there can't be family in the first place in the society.

A family can exist without marriage, marriage was design to make relationship look legal.

There isn't respect for both man and woman who are of marriageable ages and means and chose not to for circumstances they caused. It's cultural to say there is no respect for a woman who chose not to marry. WA llahu Alan.
That's culture which is irrational, marriage, husband, wife does not make someone respectable, it is just fallacy, Oprah Winfrey is not married, she only has a boyfriend and she's respected round the world.
People can be married and not be respected, respect comes from your character not marriage, our lifes does not ends in marriage.

African and religious women have been programmed by patriarch dominant men to believe they can't be respected without a husband, it is now a syndrome to many African and religious ladies now, you will see them desperate to marry a man as if their life ends there.

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
I am so sorry. I don't have time for idio.ts today. Why don't you try again some other time. Thanks for quoting. Bye!smiley

proudafrogal:

no Islam does not care about women. I pity Islamic feminist wannabes like Linda saysour and daretodiffer.

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by tintingz(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

Religion is not the basis of marriage. Supremacy of religion above love is a disaster. If you have no love for your husband any longer, then by all means, pack your bag and move out. If Islam permits a man to marry 4 wives, then wives should be permitted to have 4 husbands.

Religion should not be an instrument of bias and inequality. Times have changed. Religion shouldnt be an instrument of Masculine control.
well said. I second it

4 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
I do appreciate your pont of view but you do know that this thread was created by a Muslim for Muslims, right? No one cares about other non-muslim views. If you are not a Muslim, your views simply do not matter. On this particular subject, you do not have the knowledge or faith to argue about this. Religion is faith based and muslim women can very well deal with unreasonable muslim men.

Billyonaire:

Your words confused you, Yes, I mean no mistake. Your statements confuse you. I am not religious. I am a full human being with knowledge of all the religions in this world. I own the Koran, I own the Bible, I own the Sharia-Ki Sugmad, I own the Gospel of Barnabas and many other books belong to Buddhism, Sikkism, Taosm, Hinduism and I have plenty of Science journals on Quantum Dynamics, Digital Physics, Biogenesis, Astrophysics, Astrology, etc.

I had to tell you this, so you can have a brief overview of the Mind that you are interacting with. I am a sane Human Being without the extremism that comes with Masculinity.

I am Soul with a body and you are Soul with a body and we are Spirit at our core. The fact that Soul is birthed into Planet Earth to experience Life and return to source, and soul made choice to be female or male does not mean Female are less humans that must be controlled by men using the instrumentation of Religion.

What locus standi does a man have, to with the instrumentation of ETs institute a religion to control 4 women and impregnate them and send them out on the streets to suffer with kids begging for alms, while a man glorifies himself with his masculine hormones to have sexual intercourse at will and wish while the female entities remain like slaves.

You can choose to hide under the dogma of religion, but as a core Scientist who knows the Origin of Earth and the manipulations of the overlords, I stand against all forms of slavery, including slavery in the name of religions, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc.

I am above all religions, and I am not bound by the lower earth entities because I know what I am, and I know what you are. Do not allow your Ego to make slavery out of women. I am not interested in your preaching about control of promiscuity, because it is hypocritical to marry 4 wives and expect women to manage your dilapidated dicks because you call yourself a Man. It is idiocy and it is why Islam breed terrorism more than every other religion. Do not defend a religion you did not invent, and do not attack me for Allah. Let Allah fight for himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by uboma(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
Zeinymira:

It was funny and I laughed, big deal?

Sure, you are right about the last part
@sarahade, if you are not married yet then as a Muslim woman you have a right to a marriage contract and you can include it there that you don't want him to marry another wife. It's valid. It's permissible. If he's cool with it then he will sign it.

Wow. this is quite revealing. Some Muslim women are not aware of this.
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
Did God sit you down and gave you reason for that verse? If you paid attention to the world Itself, you will realise that your statistics is no longer true.

At the bolded, why don't you speak for yourself?

drmuri:
Islam is a practical religion, we face realities on ground.
for instance the male female ratio in US in like 48% 52% respectively. if every man in US marriesva single wife, 15 million ladies will not be married. and believe you me, no lady genuinely wants to remain unmarried. what practical solution is there in this instance? Polygamy.
has it ever occurred to you that every majority christian nation that forbids polygamy allows prostitution? which is really better for the dignity and emotion of ladies polygamy that Islam institutes or prostitution that non Muslim nations permit?
polygamy is not just to satisfy the sexual urge of Muslim men as some erroneously believe but to solve the problem of excess ladies who are prone to being abused or dabased.

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
Is polygamy mandatory?

Okeji:
Whose opinion is superior n shld b adhere to? That of Allah n His messenger, or ur own? How can u b so blindfolded wif western cultures at d detriment of ur own faith by ignoring d words of Allah n his prophet? U saw d proofs n u r still arguing, common! I even wonder if u r a true believer or just those types of people who call themselves muslims but never practice islam. My sister, pls is high time u repent n submit urslf to Allah's will cos He made u n can decide to do whatever he wants wif u. May Allah guide us all to d right path

5 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Don't you think you need to revaluate the type of Muslims you mingle with? Just sayingsmiley

CookieLaVee:
@Sarahade
I used to have a warped notion of Islam before I went for my NYSC. This was not due to the constant violent acts and extremism by most Muslims but because I thought in Islam, women have no opinion in their lives. I have met a hand full of Muslim women, they are either too razz(not a practicing muslim) or too engulfed in their religion that they lack any form of strength to defend themselves even when their lives depend on it.
But I met Zainab during my NYSC, a virtuous Muslim woman, strong spirited and outspoken,yet calm and witty. She spoke out against most ill practises against Muslim women under the guise of religion. I saw a new form of hope and self discovery for Muslim women.

You sort of remind me of Zainab...

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
It wouldn't prevent anything. God didn't not tell you it would. Stop assuming on his behalf.

Saeed110:
Allow ur husband to marrie more wives if only he cancan.... To prevent prostitution.... Illegal children cause more troubles.. Pls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by phemmyflexxy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
If you intend to divorce ur husband because he wants to take a second wife, pls kindly answer the following questions:
1. Would u also divorce him for having an extra marital affair?
2. If ur reason for divorce is that u are afraid it will affect ur deen, would u also refuse to perform Salat because u have bad thoughts while praying?
3. Would ur decision remain the same if u are incapacitated (e.g. barenness, paralysis or severe ailment: God forbid)?

Personally, I doubt the sincerity of any Muslim or Muslimah who rejects what Allah has made Halal, if truly u have submitted to Allah's Will.

U will not divorce ur husband for committing a sin, but u will, if he establish halal/sunnah. May Allah guide our generation.

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by jomoh: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Of course yes or pay him bride price. Since the recitation is equivalent to her bride price.

The marriage continues if she couldn't recite back or pay with something equivalent.

Though I may be wrong.

Thanks for your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
It is not very rare. It is not even rare. I am Muslim women so I would know. You shouldsmiley

CookieLaVee:
Very rare to find the "Zainabs" of Muslim but I will keep what you said in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Sissie(f): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
poundlander:
@mr abdelkabir, you can always pass your point without preempting anyone sir.
also, you can't possibly know how a woman feel about polygamy since you are not a woman.
as a man, i will seek d permission and approval of my wife before engaging another woman.
a lady sited the case of Fatimah and Ali, but you responded that their case is different, how different is it? isn't Ali, a caliphah aware that the intended woman is/was a khafir, before even having the intention.
in conclusion, the sheikh you quoted only said his own position that HE is mot aware of any proof, that doesn't ruleout the possibility of one.
ma salam sir

She was the daughter of Abu jahl but she herself wasn't a kafir.

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Sissie(f): 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
AbdelKabir:

The faatimah case is different, imam An-Nawawi has already explained that Faatimah voiced out because the person to be married is an enemy of the prophet(and Allaah) Abu jahl(la'natullaah alayhi), so there is a high chance of hatred being transferred to her through the daughter of Abu jahl thereby hurting faatimah, and it's haraam to harm faatimah....

The prophet also said: “By Allaah, the daughter of rasulullaah and the daughter of the enemy of Allaah will not be put together as wives for one man.”

Was she or wasnt she a muslim? the daughter of Abu Jahl? Why wasn't Fatima told to bear the hatred and harm so as to get the reward? And did Ali eventually marry another during her life time?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
1) It hasn't happened yet. Extra marital affairs is not an excuse for polygamy

2) Solat is for God. It is mandatory. It is a not a choice. Polygamy is

3)If we are still talking about accepting faith, why would he marry another woman? Also, they can always adopt, it is not a must to have a child.

Stop forcing your thoughts on the poor woman. She never told you that she would not divorce her husband if he committed sin. Also, he can always repent if he sinned (provided he is repentant), it won't be fair to divorce a second wife because he has change of heart.

I really doubt your own sincerity to yourself and to God. How can you ridicule someone so much because of nothing.

phemmyflexxy:
If you intend to divorce ur husband because he wants to take a second wife, pls kindly answer the following questions:
1. Would u also divorce him for having an extra marital affair?
2. If ur reason for divorce is that u are afraid it will affect ur deen, would u also refuse to perform Salat because u have bad thoughts while praying?
3. Would ur decision remain the same if u are incapacitated (e.g. barenness, paralysis or severe ailment: God forbid)?

Personally, I doubt the sincerity of any Muslim or Muslimah who rejects what Allah has made Halal, if truly u have submitted to Allah's Will.

U will not divorce ur husband for committing a sin, but u will, if he establish halal/sunnah. May Allah guide our generation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sissie:

Was she or wasnt she a muslim? the daughter of Abu Jahl?

She was a Muslim..

Why wasn't Fatima told to bear the hatred and harm so as to get the reward? And did Ali eventually marry another during her life time?

This has already been explained, pls refer back to the hadeeth used by imam An-Nawawi...
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Praktikals(m): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

If Islam permits a man to marry 4 wives, then wives should be permitted to have 4 husbands.
We will not take it. My goons will come for you soon
Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Sissie(f): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
AbdelKabir:

She was a Muslim..

This has already been explained, pls refer back to the hadeeth used by imam An-Nawawi...

My point stands.

3 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sissie:

My point stands.

That its better to leave even when one can cope?

1 Like

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Sissie(f): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
sarahade:

You are welcome my sister. Please do not let anyone bully you or make you feel less my sister.
Only a woman knows where it hurt in this matter
A man will never tell you the truth because of their intention.
What has Allah promised them for marrying another wife nothing but even told them not to do it if they can't be just but who can be just.
If a man will be just then there's no need for jealousy look at their reply they will never include the condition of being just in their arguments because they want to twist the words of the prophet.
They will come online to tag me shameless use words to bully you and i because they know nothing is holding you in the marriage except you.
If you have to return bride price no problem I'm sure you are yoruba and bride price is something you can afford pay him if you can't i will gladly support you.
A man that 1 woman cannot satisfy 100 will never satisfy him.
Allah loves us equally. After the divorce my sister dedicate your life to him and see if he will not reward you and bless you.
Its difficult to leave but you will never regret it as long as you are hardworking. Allah will always comfort you.
If you want to know more ask any mother who has been in a polygamous relationship and decide if that's the way you want to live your life. Salaam

A man can be just. He won't be able to love them equally, however, he can be just. Many men are, I do not know about your society.
@bolded that's just hilarious and untrue.

I do not know your society but there is a problem with the general accession about the mothers hating polygamy, I have met women who like polygamy and prefer it, not everyone wants to play wife every day and others who don't mind it, however, there are those who hate it. the problem isn't with polygamy but the people in it. just the same way we have terrible abusive monogamous homes.

You said what did Allah promise them and answered nothing, there is reward in a well-done polygamy you know. Do you think a man who married
a divorced woman with kids as a second wife and takes the kids won't be rewarded? or a widow?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by Eno38151: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
Please please, I fail to understand why the kuffar have so much interest in the affairs of the muslims, I dont know whether they think this is a debate or something, please ayyuhal ikhwa let us make it a point to drive them away from muslim affairs.

Lakum dinukum wal yadeen.

4 Likes

Re: Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? by phemmyflexxy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
They are yes or no question, no explanation needed....
How would u balance the gender populations for marriage....?
Would you prefer your sisters and daughter to be public properties to being 2nd, 3rd or forth wives?
"You are not true believers until you want for your fellow brothers what you want for yourself"...
You see why I doubt your belief?
Don't jealousy blind you my dear sister....
daretodiffer:

1) It hasn't happened yet. Extra marital affairs is not an excuse for polygamy

2) Solat is for God. It is mandatory. It is a not a choice. Polygamy is

3)If we are still talking about accepting faith, why would he marry another woman? Also, they can always adopt, it is not a must to have a child.

Stop forcing your thoughts on the poor woman. She never told you that she would not divorce her husband if he committed sin. Also, he can always repent if he sinned (provided he is repentant), it won't be fair to divorce a second wife because he has change of heart.

I really doubt your own sincerity to yourself and to God. How can you ridicule someone so much because of nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Q / Are They Now Emulating Muslims? / Islamic Talk:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.