Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. (395 Views)

Adsorption Is Necessary For Your Domestic And Academic Purpose,it Is Serious / 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria / That Which Is Faster Than The Speed Of Light In Relation To The Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. by Brunicekid(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
One basic truth in which i have noticed is that when you do a survey among various categories of students, WHETHER those in Primary School, Secondary School, SS3 students who are aspiring to go to higher institutions (Particularly the University), I discovered that most students "future ambition/choice of Study" is mostly MEDICINE, ENGINEERING OR A LAW COURSE..... Is it that these are the only set of courses which can be studied in higher institutions The truth remains that many of the ASPIRANTS have this "PRE-CONDITIONED MENTALITY" that these are the "Main deal" and money making courses. But Research has shown that Majority of the graduates from these courses usually end up falling back to their "talents OR the skills they have acquired".
The most Pathetic issue in this situation is that the higher institutions in Nigeria usually do not have enough space to accolade the "too-large" number of students applying for these courses,which makes the issue of "I was given another course which I never had interests in" a major complaints by the majority of students who are later offered admission.
WHAT THEN CAN BE SAID TO BE THE CAUSE OF THIS UNFORTUNATE SITUATION??
WHAT IS THE WAY FORWARD ON THIS ISSUE?
COMPILED BY:
OLUWASEYI(AN ENGINEERING STUDENT)
Re: Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. by Brunicekid(m): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
Why do students tend to lay emphasis on MEDICINE, ENGINEERING AND LAW COURSES
What can be said to be the major causes of this OCCURRENCE in our society today?
Re: Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. by Brunicekid(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
My dear Nairalanders, Who can give the reasons(aside unemployment) why most students don't end up working along the path of the course they studied in the higher institutions
Re: Realising One's True Academic Purpose In Relation To Pursuing Life Dreams. by Brunicekid(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2021
Please who can answer this question??

(1) (Reply)

... / Jamb,a TIIME Waster / What Is Really Wrong With Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.