Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? (48642 Views)

Please Help, Will My Church Accept This First Fruit (photos) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by anataala: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2017
what is antichrist about this statement, God is clean and only accept what is clean.
chisco82:

Check the real meaning of anti christ' you will get sense after that. Trust me.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by anataala: 9:02am On Apr 16, 2017
prove him wrong, God only accept what is clean
olubenjazzy:

Lack of Understanding
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Believe7:

U are a cursed fool. .idiot
You lack sense for quoting me
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 16, 2017
sonofLuci:

Lolz

Make we go open our own na, you will be the prohpetess, prophetess bumbae, na you go they see vision, me go they pack all the money lol cheesy
Haha lol no try me o
I dey see visions seff cheesy
Happy Easter
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by gemini35(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2017
coputa:
Aside tithe,can't we give to God to build the church?
we can gv for building the house of God,but, tithe,is a commandment,and we are not under law,but grace,if christians,should pay tithe i,think it,should be out of wll,out of the aboundant he has,my 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by coputa(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2017
gemini35:
we can gv for building the house of God,but, tithe,is a commandment,and we are not under law,but grace,if christians,should pay tithe i,think it,should be out of wll,out of the aboundant he has,my 2 cent
You 're correct.

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by onyxo76(m): 9:28am On Apr 16, 2017
SirAweezy:

RCCG is my church, I was Born there... got married there, dad a state pastor, they don't verify tithe. I can tell you this 100%
I agree that they don't verify tithe , but in my parish, if they know the tithe is coming from a questionable source my pastor will not collect it.
You don't expect our pastors to know that a certain money was made illegally to collect tithe from such people. Just like someone we all know to be a criminal coming to drop his tithe, we would reject it.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by anochuko01(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2017
Dereformer:

Some few years back, I was under the bondage of tithe.

During the period, I was always reminded of how God will open the windows of heaven to bless me if I pay my tithe.

In the church, we were told of imaginary individuals that gives 90%.

We are cajoled to believe that if we don't pay tithe, things will be tight for us.

The truth remains that if tithe is a very important principle for blessings, my BOSS would have spent time explaining its importance.

Are you even aware that in the old testament where tithe was first mentioned, God forbid the children of Israel from entering the synagogue with money to pay tithe.

The first three richest men in Nigeria are not even tithers.

Finally, I prefer given to the poor. Jesus told me, when I do so, I give directly to Him.

I pay tithe and I give to the poor...I do it by revelation and not by Law...and it pays me because I BELIEVE IN ITS MISTERY. Good luck.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by anochuko01(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2017
Dereformer:

Some few years back, I was under the bondage of tithe.

During the period, I was always reminded of how God will open the windows of heaven to bless me if I pay my tithe.

In the church, we were told of imaginary individuals that gives 90%.

We are cajoled to believe that if we don't pay tithe, things will be tight for us.

The truth remains that if tithe is a very important principle for blessings, my BOSS would have spent time explaining its importance.

Are you even aware that in the old testament where tithe was first mentioned, God forbid the children of Israel from entering the synagogue with money to pay tithe.

The first three richest men in Nigeria are not even tithers.

Finally, I prefer given to the poor. Jesus told me, when I do so, I give directly to Him.

I give tithe and I give to the poor...I do it by revelation and not by Law...and it pays me because I BELIEVE IN ITS MISTERY. Good luck. tithe isn't even PAID... its GIVEN or BROUGHT to God's house. those words are used just to show that the 10% doesn't belong to us in the first place.
remember, ''the letter killeth but the spirit givetg life''

Matthew 23:23, Jesus says...

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things''.
you see FAITH there? yeah, so, even tithing would NEVER bring blessings if it isn't done out of BELIEVE, if one doesn't show mercy and walk in justice.

tithing isn't a magic as most people think.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

Haha lol no try me o
I dey see visions seff cheesy
Happy Easter

Haha, thanks dear, same to you.

Hope you go church
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2017
sonofLuci:

Haha, thanks dear, same to you.

Hope you go church
Woke up late .. missed the quick service
Next service too long
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

Woke up late .. missed the quick service
Next service too long

Haha, ni be say you never go tb joshua church na. The day I go, I sat down from 5 Am in morning till 6pm, they hope say wise men go touch me lol, vision self tb joshua no gree see for me and he they Waka pass the role I sit down that day, I sit-down so tay my yance begin lick water,
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by sanandreas(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

This is an insult to Christianity. I guess u won't like Mohammed been treated with disdain.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
sonofLuci:

Haha, ni be say you never go tb joshua church na. The day I go, I sat down from 5 Am in morning till 6pm, they hope say wise men go touch me lol, vision self tb joshua no gree see for me and he they Waka pass the role I sit down that day, I sit-down so tay my yance begin lick water,
You like TB josh shocked
Dont like that guy get chills when i see him on tv ..
You think his real ?
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

You like TB josh shocked
Dont like that guy get chills when i see him on tv ..
You think his real ?

Well you can't really tell whose fake or not but the truth is, the guy is cool and well behaved unlike alfa party sule who ends on the back of ladies.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2017
sonofLuci:

Well you can't really tell whose fake or not but the truth is, the guy is cool and well behaved unlike alfa party sule who ends on the back of ladies.
Lol will agree with you there grin
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by porchbaby(f): 10:04am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:
The church of God does not receive tithe. All those collecting tithes are liars and robbers and they obey no one but their father, the devil.
hmmmmmm sad sad sad sad sad re u kidding me
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by pojok: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Kentura:

Taaah, sheraap there osiso!

Abeg, park one side with your lies and fake doctrines!!

Blind follower thaa cannot open her bible and study for herself.. na you wey dy obey devil by preaching against what's in the bible.
You are a fool
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2017
anochuko01:

I give tithe and I give to the poor...I do it by revelation and not by Law...and it pays me because I BELIEVE IN ITS MISTERY. Good luck. tithe isn't even PAID... its GIVEN or BROUGHT to God's house. those words are used just to show that the 10% doesn't belong to us in the first place.
remember, ''the letter killeth but the spirit givetg life''

Matthew 23:23, Jesus says...

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things''.
you see FAITH there? yeah, so, even tithing would NEVER bring blessings if it isn't done out of BELIEVE, if one doesn't show mercy and walk in justice.

tithing isn't a magic as most people think.
Here Christ was speaking to them concerning their law, cos they were still under that law till his death on the cross, ......but you have ignored/neglected the more important aspect of that law they were practising. here Christ speaking of their hypocrisy which is cherrypicking the law, doing one and leaving the other, in fact from this verse tithing wasn't one of the important aspect of that law they were given. the important ones are justice, mercy, faith. But this shouldn't be a problem since it is all about the law which didn't make anything perfect, Christ's death and resurrection did what the law couldn't do.I , I mean I, am not under the law
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2017
pojok:

You are a fool
that's a strong one, why calling him a fool, just show him the real thing if you know it from the bible. Remain blessed
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:
The only question I have is that based on logistics why would he offer N2.5 mil to some company?

Nigerians and gullibility.

Well, Efe is living the Nigerian dream. Basically, God blesses your hustle without your putting in work. People share all sorts of Naija format inspirational messages on whatsapp which say the same thing. God's time etc etc. Sort of like jumoke the former bread seller.

In line with his attaining the Nigerian dream, Efe has to pay the Nigerian dues for money falling on your head - pay the tithe pastor
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by YelloweWest: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2017
azaino:

is there anywhere in the bible where Christian were commanded by our lord Jesus Christ or the apostle to pay tithe ?
Yes! Malachi 3 v 7- 10

Malachi was a messager of God. Do your research. Stop spreading falsehood.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by An2elect2(f): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Captain001:

So you dey here? Been waiting for your reaction to my reply.
I'll reply you soon. Been looking at other things. What we have in our hands is no trivial thing and I don't want to treat it as such
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2017
YelloweWest:
Yes! Malachi 3!
So Jesus Christ or the apostle commanded people to pay tithe in Malachi 3 Hope you people are seeing it. Jesus Christ was in Malachi 3, OK kontinu
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by YelloweWest: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2017
azaino:

So Jesus Christ or the apostle commanded people to pay tithe in Malachi 3
Hope you people are seeing it. Jesus Christ was in Malachi 3, OK kontinu
I said malachi was a messager of God. Not everything we practice as Christians was said personally by Christ.

Repent. Stop spreading falsehood.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Captain001(m): 11:02am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:
I'll reply you soon. Been looking at other things. What we have in our hands is no trivial thing and I don't want to treat it as such

OK. Standing by.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 11:04am On Apr 16, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes! Malachi 3 v 7- 10

Malachi was a messager of God. Do your research. Stop spreading falsehood.
you mean messenger of God? OK,
but you sound far from the bible.
you don't even seem to know the origin of tithe and why it was paid then
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by adellam16(f): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
darichlife:
I have been wondering if after so much curses and abuses being dished out by some churches calling BBN an immoral show would accept any thanksgiving from Efe who just won the 25million cash prize.

My fellow nairalanders abeg which pastor go reject 25million Immoral show money?
like drinking panadol for sumone's headache. What come n consine us? Is it ur money or church?
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2017
YelloweWest:

I said malachi was a messager of God. Not everything we practice as Christians was said personally by Christ.

Repent. Stop spreading falsehood.

Me spreading falsehood? what has tithe got to do
with repentance ? if anyone has told you that paying tithe will fetch you heaven and you believed him, then you need to start afresh, cos your foundation is not well laid, your faith has been corrupted
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by rawgurl(f): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2017
YelloweWest:
Those have been ameliorated by the blood of Christ.
Christ said turn the other cheek.
Is there any where in the bible that said we should not pay tithe?
you are an example of what apostle Paul called BABY CHRISTIAN
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by UncutSk(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
Kentura:

Taaah, sheraap there osiso!

Abeg, park one side with your lies and fake doctrines!!

Blind follower thaa cannot open her bible and study for herself.. na you wey dy obey devil by preaching against what's in the bible.
you're being brain washed did Jesus say anything about tithe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Young Man Mimics Bishop Oyedepo. See Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / Exposing Hardmirror. A Tale Of Two Mirrors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.