Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia (11709 Views)

Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus / Rangers Players Storm Mbaka Church To Thank God For Helping Them Win Kano Pillar / Father Mbaka Anointed Rangers Players Before They Won Kano Pillars (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by metroblogger: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
Players of Rangers International refused today to board an Ethiopian airline flight to Zambia, where they are scheduled to play the second leg of the Confederation Cup.

The players were protesting the non-payment of their travelling allowances.

The incident happened at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu.

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent who was at the Airport reports that trouble started when the players were told by management of the team that they will receive their allowance when they return to Nigeria.

The information made the players to revolt and insist that they were not going to honour the match, unless they were paid.

Some of the players said that the management still owed them the match allowance due them when they met JS Suoara of Algeria in February.

News Agency of Nigeria reports that the match against JS Souara was played in February 2017 and the first leg ended 1-1 draw in Algeria with 0-0 draw in Enugu.

All efforts by the General Manager/CEO of the club, Christian Chukwu and the Team manager, Amaobi Ezeaku, to convince the players to embark on the journey fell on deaf ears.

The management was convinced that the players meant business when they jumped into their respective vehicles and left the Airport.

However, on receiving information about the protest, the state Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Charles Ndukwe drew the attention of the governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who immediately released fund for the settlement of the allowances.

But his intervention came late. The players could not make the flight as the plane had departed.

The development forced the management to shift the journey till tomorrow Friday, when the 28 -man contingent would travel to Lagos en-route Zambia for the encounter.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/04/rangers-players-boycott-trip-to-zambia.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Afam4eva(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
WOW. Rangers ogini di? Unu Kwuo nu ndia ugwo unu ji ha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by ephi123(f): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Smh. Nothing changes in Nigeria, same old tactic. They expect them to come back after the match and start hustling for their allowances.

10 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by dammieco(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
Next story please?
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by IamNat: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sharp guys

3 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by maclatunji: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
The 'Flying Antelopes' have refused to fly...

14 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by DannyJ19(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
lol......

na everywhere for naija dem dhy owe salary... SMH
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by nairaman66(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
Everything in this country needs this kind of response! Sharp guys. grin

8 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by TINALETC3(f): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
undecided
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by josephine123: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
hmmm
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by atoleybaba(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wife: What are your plans for Easter?
Husband: Same as Jesus..
Wife: What do you mean ??
Husband: I will disappear on Friday and reappear on Monday!
Wife: "That's AWESOME. if you do that, I'll also do like Mary.
Husband: what do u mean ?
Wife: I will show up pregnant, yet untouched by my husband."
Husband: dey no born u well

*Happy Easter in advance*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Nollynude: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Homers123(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
I hope our football administrators(club and national side)will put their house in order for once.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Osama92(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
How Will Their Boycott Of A Match In Zambia Reduce The Price Of Garri In The Market? Who Cares?
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by emeijeh(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
IGG

3 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by maxiuc(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
And some people will tell me to stop watching English premier league

I can't even watch naija league even if it is free of charge including 3square meal

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by tstx(m): 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
The New Governor no dey try atall....

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Tenim47(m): 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
i always mis-splet this zambia 4 sambisa grin
since those aboki ball show wrote on their board Nigeria vs sambisa cool

back to the topic
smh i dont even read it tongue
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by robosky02(m): 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerian clubs

one season stars angry
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by kings09(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
Na did kind thing de fit our leaders
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Homeboiy: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
The players r mad
sitting in no 20 position n demanding moni

fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by adelakay(m): 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
only in Nigeria
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by donmalcolm21(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
atoleybaba:
Wife: What are your plans for Easter?
Husband: Same as Jesus..
Wife: What do you mean ??
Husband: I will disappear on Friday and reappear on Monday!
Wife: "That's AWESOME. if you do that, I'll also do like Mary.
Husband: what do u mean ?
Wife: I will show up pregnant, yet untouched by my husband."
Husband: dey no born u well

*Happy Easter in advance*
Stupid joke.

Try it with Islam and Mohammed and see your head on a pike

4 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Cyriloha(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nawa ooo I thought we Don pass this all this kinds
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by sshalom(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
The y should be paid their match allowances. These guys have responsibilities and bills to pay and should not be made to beg for their dues. You only hear this kind of nonsense in Nigeria.
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by mexxmoney: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
We can't seem to get anything right in this God forsaken country. Upside down country, Thinks upside down, behaves upside down
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
WOW. Rangers ogini di? Unu Kwuo nu ndia ugwo unu ji ha

I'm worried about Rangers. I can't believe it's the same team that played so well last season. They are currently languishing at the bottom of the league. They have not won any of their last five matches.
They narrowly avoided defeat against zamalek, zesco, drew against Remo fc, last at Ibadan. They are seriously looking at relegation if something drastic is not done.
The trip to Zambia will be a wasted journey. They have no chance with the sort of miserable football they have been playing.

If Christian Chukwu is the problem, pls pls let him leave the team and stay away from the team.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by atoleybaba(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Stupid joke.

Try it with Islam and Mohammed and see your head on a pike
I Dont know why u are taking life too personal.. All these oversabinus Christians. Was d joke directed to insult Christians or Jesus or God A.boki. u better Dont mention me again in ur life if u don't av sense
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by donmalcolm21(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
atoleybaba:
I Dont know why u are taking life too personal.. All these oversabinus Christians. Was d joke directed to insult Christians or Jesus or God A.boki. u better Dont mention me again in ur life if u don't av sense
Shut up and stop talking nonsense. You need home training if you can joke with anything

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by atoleybaba(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Shut up and stop talking nonsense. You need home training if you can joke with anything
so u that received home training didn't know it's wrong to poke nose in what doesn't concern u and mind ur business. It obvious d kind of poor illiterate background u came from....
Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by donmalcolm21(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
atoleybaba:
so u that received home training didn't know it's wrong to poke nose in what doesn't concern u and mind ur business. It obvious d kind of poor illiterate background u came from....
Your joke really showed your upbringing so swerve.

You joke with the name of Jesus and you think you had the best upbringing

SMH for you

You are just a kid that needs tp be taught abput the Fear of God

1 Like

Re: Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia by atoleybaba(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Your joke really showed your upbringing so swerve.

You joke with the name of Jesus and you think you had the best upbringing

SMH for you

You are just a kid that needs tp be taught abput the Fear of God
Lol...come lemme teach u bawt Jesus and for ur info Jesus isn't God he is d son of God
..again ur stupidity is shown in d open....had it been u are a real xtian u claim to be and not one hypocritical idiot u would av ignored the joke and also insulting my family....Buh we know already u are one of d go church on Sunday act worldly on Monday.....and for ur info d joke is bawt a husband and wife and not about Jesus. illiterate read d joke properly and apply ur sense well and stop reasoning like a 7year old.....illiterate somebori. Mtcheww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter / A Referee Set A Soccer Record - By Flashing 36 Red Cards In One Game / 2022 World Cup: Eguavoen Resigns As Eagles Coach After Playoff Defeat To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.