Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:52 PM

Is Sunday Really Sacred? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sunday Really Sacred? (3714 Views)

Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath Day? / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / Today Is Sunday: How Do We Worship God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:

Lol u re just running up and down aimlessly.
Jesus said if u love me keep my commandments. And d only commandment Jesus gave was to Love God with all ur heart and to love ur neighbor as urself.
So is ther any other commandment Jesus gave dat i dnt know of?
D way i see it u cant even distinguish between d law and commandment. So wat did Paul exactly mean by saying dat we are loosed from d bounds of d law by virtue of our death in Christ? Roman 7:1-5
Do u want to tell me dat God has only 10 commandments?
Then why is a Christian free to be uncircumcised?
because Circumcision is a foundation to fulfill other laws?

I have proven to you that GOD calls the 10 Commandments His own Law, while He referred to the ceremonial laws as the Law of Moses(2 Kings 21:8 ).

How do you love GOD? Exod. 20:6 and 1 Jn. 5:3 give a clue.

It is not true that you must be circumcised before you keep the 10 Commandments. Where does the Bible teach that?
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Cardinal James Gibbons,The Faith of Our Fathers (Ayers Publishing, 1978): 108:
But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single lineauthorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify.

The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:
Q. Which is the Sabbath day?
A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.

Chancellor Albert Smith for Cardinal of Baltimore Archdiocese, letter dated February 10, 1920:
If Protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath day by God is Saturday. In keeping the Sunday, they are following a law of the Catholic Church.

cc: zionmade
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I have proven to you that GOD calls the 10 Commandments His own Law, while He referred to the ceremonial laws as the Law of Moses(2 Kings 21:8 ).

How do you love GOD? Exod. 20:6 and 1 Jn. 5:3 give a clue.

It is not true that you must be circumcised before you keep the 10 Commandments. Where does the Bible teach that?
Did u say d law of moses?
So moses formulated d. Laws. Abi?
Was d law given to d circumcised or. Uncircumcised?
U boldly come to d public to distinguish between God's law and d law of moses. Sorry for u.

Wat is d first requirement dat a jew must fulfill during d days of Moses.? And u have not yet told me why Jesus profaned d sabath more dan three times and why it was wrong to have him crucified since dat was wat d law demanded?
In d old testament were d jews required to have any kind of faith?
They were justified by d law but we are justified by faith.

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:

Did u say d law of moses?
So moses formulated d. Laws. Abi?
Was d law given to d circumcised or. Uncircumcised?
U boldly come to d public to distinguish between God's law and d law of moses. Sorry for u.

Wat is d first requirement dat a jew must fulfill during d days of Moses.? And u have not yet told me why Jesus profaned d sabath more dan three times and why it was wrong to have him crucified since dat was wat d law demanded?
In d old testament were d jews required to have any kind of faith?
They were justified by d law but we are justified by faith.

You don't read your Bible. Read Hebrews 11. The just, from Adam until now, lives by faith.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You don't read your Bible. Read Hebrews 11. The just, from Adam until now, lives by faith.
Hahaha bro first was dat d only line u could respond to?
Second go to dat scripture names were mentioned, i need a name from d era of Moses and Joshua. Even Moses(i mean after d law came and not before d law) name was not mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
Louis Gaston Segur,Plain Talk about the Protestantism of To-Day (London: Thomas Richardson and Son, 1874): 213:
Thus the observance of Sunday by the
Protestants is a homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:

Hahaha bro first was dat d only line u could respond to?
Second go to dat scripture names were mentioned, i need a name from d era of Moses and Joshua. Even Moses name was not mentioned.

Can't you see Abraham there? You're funny.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Can't you see Abraham there? You're funny.
Abraham, Jacob, Moses(before d law ), Joseph all lived without d law. Give me a name from d era of law

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
Protestants do not realize that by observing Sunday, they accept the authority of the spokesperson of the Church, the Pope” (Our Sunday Visitor, February 5, 1950).

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

“Sunday is our mark of authority… the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact” (Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1, 1923).
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:

Abraham, Jacob, Moses(before d law ), Joseph all lived without d law. Give me a name from d era of law

Does it mean that they were not among the "all" which the Bible said have sinned? Remember that where there is no law, there is no transgression(Rom. 4:15).

And if they were under the "all", which law did they transgress, bearing in mind that sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4)?
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Does it mean that they were not among the "all" which the Bible said have sinned? Remember that where there is no law, there is no transgression(Rom. 4:15).

And if they were under the "all", which law did they transgress, bearing in mind that sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4)?
Sin is d nature of every person born into dis world. Adam corrupted d human flesh. So if it is by trangression of d law let me kick back ur question to u. Which law did a new born baby transgress.
Now answer my question and u are dodging around. According to d law Jesus harvested ears of corn on sabath and dat has a death sentence. So were d jews right in killing him?

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:

Sin is d nature of every person born into dis world. Adam corrupted d human flesh. So if it is by trangression of d law let me kick back ur question to u. Which law did a new born baby transgress.
Now answer my question and u are dodging around. According to d law Jesus harvested ears of corn on sabath and dat has a death sentence. So were d jews right in killing him?

A newborn baby is sinless, and if he/she dies an infant, he/she will be resurrected when Christ comes back again.

The doctrine of original sin is unbiblical. The Bible says that the son shall not suffer for the sins of the father.

Jesus never broke the Sabbath, even though the Jews accused Him of doing so. The Sabbath day is a day of relieving burdens, and what better way to relieve people's burden is there than to heal their infirmities and feed their souls with the Word of GOD? The disciples plucked grains from the field TO EAT! The Sabbath day is not a day to go hungry.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by sonofthunder: 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
Horus:
If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound.

God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day; try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working or sleeping?

You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have. You’re in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.
no sense in this...

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by Horus(m): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
sonofthunder:

no sense in this...

You really dont understand what is sarcasms
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 2:49am On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

A newborn baby is sinless, and if he/she dies an infant, he/she will be resurrected when Christ comes back again.

The doctrine of original sin is unbiblical. The Bible says that the son shall not suffer for the sins of the father.

Jesus never broke the Sabbath, even though the Jews accused Him of doing so. The Sabbath day is a day of relieving burdens, and what better way to relieve people's burden is there than to heal their infirmities and feed their souls with the Word of GOD? The disciples plucked grains from the field TO EAT! The Sabbath day is not a day to go hungry.
I guess am talking to a church goer and not someone who studies d world? See how u exhume ignorance here. Ps 51:5 eph 2:3 if u live rightly from ur very babyhood to adulthood and u die without confessing Jesus as ur lord u will go to hell.
Why do u think Jesus had to be born of a virgin?

See how u are coining up Rubbish, Jesus didn't profane sabath bla bla bla. Are u wiser dan d pharisees who were professors of d law. Or were d one who edited d sabath portion to include harvesting of corn when u re hungry. If a normal jew harvested a corn during d days of Moses on sabath, he would die.
And why did Jesus defy d law to save d adulterous woman?
Hollier dan thou hypocrites, dats why d most terrible humans to ask for forgiveness or favor are 1. Deeperlife members and all other churches dat still preach d law. because grace and forgiveness is not in their dictionary

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by sonofthunder: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Horus:

You really dont understand what is sarcasms
come and show us the sarcasm... no such was communicated.. still trash.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

I guess am talking to a church goer and not someone who studies d world? See how u exhume ignorance here. Ps 51:5 eph 2:3 if u live rightly from ur very babyhood to adulthood and u die without confessing Jesus as ur lord u will go to hell.
Why do u think Jesus had to be born of a virgin?

See how u are coining up Rubbish, Jesus didn't profane sabath bla bla bla. Are u wiser dan d pharisees who were professors of d law. Or were d one who edited d sabath portion to include harvesting of corn when u re hungry. If a normal jew harvested a corn during d days of Moses on sabath, he would die.
And why did Jesus defy d law to save d adulterous woman?
Hollier dan thou hypocrites, dats why d most terrible humans to ask for forgiveness or favor are 1. Deeperlife members and all other churches dat still preach d law. because grace and forgiveness is not in their dictionary

If you claim Jesus broke the Sabbath, then you mean that Jesus sinned.(See 1 Jn. 3:4).
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

If you claim Jesus broke the Sabbath, then you mean that Jesus sinned.(See 1 Jn. 3:4).
Hahaha yes he sinned in d eyes of ur holier dan thou pharisees Christianity. So next time u want to preach sabath holiness bla bla bla also tell ur listeners dat Jesus sinned because he defied d sabath.
Ur type dnt ever see Rom 7:4 and Galatians 2:19

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Hahaha yes he sinned in d eyes of ur holier dan thou pharisees Christianity. So next time u want to preach sabath holiness bla bla bla also tell ur listeners dat Jesus sinned because he defied d sabath.
Ur type dnt ever see Rom 7:4 and Galatians 2:19

Jesus was without sin(Heb. 4:15). Sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4). Therefore Jesus never transgressed the law.

Rom. 7:4 does not mean we are no longer to obey the 10 Commandments.

"Is the law sin? GOD forbid..." Rom. 7:7

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." Rom. 7:12

"What then? shall we sin(transgress the law), because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD forbid." Rom. 6:15, emphasis added.

Don't be deceived: only those who do the commandments of GOD will enter in through the gates into that city.(Rev. 22:14).
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Jesus was without sin(Heb. 4:15). Sin is the transgression of the law(1 Jn. 3:4). Therefore Jesus never transgressed the law.

Rom. 7:4 does not mean we are no longer to obey the 10 Commandments.

"Is the law sin? GOD forbid..." Rom. 7:7

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." Rom. 7:12

"What then? shall we sin(transgress the law), because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD forbid." Rom. 6:15, emphasis added.

Don't be deceived: only those who do the commandments of GOD will enter in through the gates into that city.(Rev. 22:14).
So explain why he harvested a corn on sabath wen d commandment says dnt do anything farm on sabath?
Explain wat rom 7:4 mmeans wen it says dat we are dead to d law.
Explain wat rom 3:27-28 means.

And for ur last verse John 3:16 made it clear (for whosoever believeth in me should not perish) did u see doeth d law there?
What was paul talking about in rom 8:3

D only commandment from Jesus dat i know of is Serve d lord with all ur heart, and love ur neighbor as urself. Do u know any other one?

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

So explain why he harvested a corn on sabath wen d commandment says dnt do anything farm on sabath?
Explain wat rom 7:4 mmeans wen it says dat we are dead to d law.
Explain wat rom 3:27-28 means.

And for ur last verse John 3:16 made it clear (for whosoever believeth in me should not perish) did u see doeth d law there?
What was paul talking about in rom 8:3

D only commandment from Jesus dat i know of is Serve d lord with all ur heart, and love ur neighbor as urself. Do u know any other one?

Jesus never harvested corn on the Sabbath, get your facts right. He only allowed His disciples pluck grains TO EAT BECAUSE THEY WERE HUNGRY!

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13

Rom. 8:3 says Jesus condemned sin(transgression of the law) in the flesh. So, Jesus condemns transgressing the law.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Jesus never harvested corn on the Sabbath, get your facts right. He only allowed His disciples pluck grains TO EAT BECAUSE THEY WERE HUNGRY!

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13

Rom. 8:3 says Jesus condemned sin(transgression of the law) in the flesh. So, Jesus condemns transgressing the law.
God did not say go to farm on sabath if u re hungry. Stop adding sentiments to d so called law. D instruction is dont work on sabath day period!. A person who defends sin is also guilty of dat sin
U ve been running away from Rom 7:4 abi
Add dis one Philpians 2:9.

Wen u get to heaven and see christians who go to Church on sundays point at dem and ask God to chase dem away because heaven is only made for adventists. Foolish hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

There is only one Lawgiver(James 4:12), which is Jesus Christ. Jesus does not have His own commandments, while His Father has His own different commandments. The 10 Commandments are Jesus' commandments. He was the one that spoke the 10 Commandments to the hearing of the whole of Israel. We know this because Jesus told the Israelites that they have never heard the voice of His Father at any time(John 5:37). Yet Israel heard the voice of GOD at mount Sinai. You now know that it was Christ that spoke the Law at Sinai. Now, you understand that Jesus demands obedience to the 10 Commandments as His commandments in John 14:15.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

God did not say go to farm on sabath if u re hungry. Stop adding sentiments to d so called law. D instruction is dont work on sabath day period!. A person who defends sin is also guilty of dat sin

Wen u get to heaven and see christians who go to Church on sundays point at dem and ask God to chase dem away because heaven is only made for adventists. Foolish hypocrites

I ask you a question based on Rom. 7:4, are you now dead to:

"thou shalt have no other gods before me"
"thou shalt not make unto thee graven image"
"thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"
"remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy"
"honour thy father and thy mother"
"thou shalt not kill"
"thou not commit adultery"
"thou shalt not steal"
"thou shalt not bear false witness"
"thou shalt not covet"?

"...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" Matt. 19:17
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

Jesus and His disciples never went to farm on the Sabbath day. That passage said that Jesus and His disciples were PASSING through a field, and His disciples began to pluck the heads of grains, and to eat. Get your facts right.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by Horus(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
sonofthunder:

come and show us the sarcasm... no such was communicated.. still trash.

Yes we all know your mind is trash
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade2: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Jesus and His disciples never went to farm on the Sabbath day. That passage said that Jesus and His disciples were PASSING through a field, and His disciples began to pluck the heads of grains, and to eat. Get your facts right.
Wats d difference? Harvest is harvest whether small or big
Did d law say do it small on sabath day?
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by zionmade2: 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I ask you a question based on Rom. 7:4, are you now dead to:

"thou shalt have no other gods before me"
"thou shalt not make unto thee graven image"
"thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"
"remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy"
"honour thy father and thy mother"
"thou shalt not kill"
"thou not commit adultery"
"thou shalt not steal"
"thou shalt not bear false witness"
"thou shalt not covet"?

"...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" Matt. 19:17

All those things u listed there were repeated in d new testament apart from d sabath day.
And apart from No 1 and d sabath, d rest Jesus said are summarized by "love ur neighbor as urself" and if u look well dat is d summary. So i said it before only two things are required from a Christian. Serve d Lord and love ur neighbors as urself
Now explain to me d meaning of those two chapters and stop running away

1 Like

Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade2:

All those things u listed there were repeated in d new testament apart from d sabath day.
And apart from No 1 and d sabath, d rest Jesus said are summarized by "love ur neighbor as urself" and if u look well dat is d summary. So i said it before only two things are required from a Christian. Serve d Lord and love ur neighbors as urself
Now explain to me d meaning of those two chapters and stop running away

Jesus summarized the whole law into "Love for GOD" and "Love for man". How do you love GOD?

Do you know that you will be judged by the 10 Commandments? (James 2:12; 1:25; Psa. 19:7)
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity" - Einstein

BE FREE

DoctorAlien ifenes MZLady39 NoWorries7 Horus zionmade onyenze123 analice107
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by Syncan(m): 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
Yes it is sacred. The Lord rose on this day (the first day of the week) Jn. 20:1.
Re: Is Sunday Really Sacred? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
Syncan:
Yes it is sacred. The Lord rose on this day (the first day of the week) Jn. 20:1.

Does Jn. 20:1 say that Sunday is sacred? Follow that link and read the article, because I'm sure you didn't read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evangelist Job Alabi Passed On / Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? / The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.