Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! (4032 Views)

18 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Health / Staphylococcus Aureus Is Ruining My Life! Nairaland Please Help! / HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by skillet(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2017
all some of us read are MULTIPLE SEX PARTNERS the rest just flew through our ears. but jokes apart, you really need help, but unfortunately, you must be willing to talk about it some more and not just open a thread about it. i know someone with this very same problem and she is doing a lot better now.if you dont open up some more, especially in private, to someone else on the outside your life, it going to be very hard. and listen babe please make up your mind to talk to someone, even if its through whatsapp or email, before it destroys you.
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by yhemster(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
This story is a complete fabrication. She's just tactically avoiding NL guys and romantic msgs. grin
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=55553500][/quote]

Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Vivly:

Are you in Nigeria?
If you are, bear in my mind that if you're caught stealing, no one would run a psychological test on you before beating you blue black.
This really doesn't sound like a disorder sha. Someone just forgot to flog you properly when you were a misbehaving little kid and now, you've carried that attitude into adulthood.

Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Dearlordinheaven! Thank God you are no where close to where I'm . Can't deal girl...can't deal.

May God Himself cure your of this very very serious infection. It is well.
Seesta call am "infection" issokay

1 Like

Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
Went through all your posts on NL, and aside from having all the trappings of being a golddigger, you are ok. There are weird people on earth and if you are one, go with it. Almost everything you posted about here seems absolutely normal to me, and yes I saw the part about cutting yourself. I did it too when I was younger. My advice is learn how to compartmentalize. Know when its okay to indulge in your real (mad) self. 48 laws of power says think different, act the same. If you gotta cut yourself, do it in inconspicuous places. I guess you talk to yourself when alone too? Make the most of those conversations.
Finally, I'm sorry about all the mentions, like I said I went through all your posts on NL and it was an absolute hooter. I actually wish I had someone like you around if only to have an out of body experience of what people I interact with go through.
MODIFIED: AND PLEASE, NO HARD DRUGS IN THE FUTURE. COKE IS BAD, WEED IS GOOD
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by 400billionman: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
Vivly:

Are you in Nigeria?
If you are, bear in my mind that if you're caught stealing, no one would run a psychological test on you before beating you blue black.
This really doesn't sound like a disorder sha. Someone just forgot to flog you properly when you were a misbehaving little kid and now, you've carried that attitude into adulthood.

The average beautiful Nigerian lady displays all her characters.

I call them MENTAL PATIENTS.

Next !!
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by DEIFIED(m): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2017
I also know of a girl with similary personality like yours, although i have never heard of seen her steal anything.
When she is in her better mood, she is a sweet heart. But when on her off mood, you better steer clear of her.
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
cherr:
Please I need a serious advice and also support. My life is at stake here.
Borderline personality disorder is putting it mildly. I think your PD has delved into Bipolar Disorder. You would need mood stabilizers but ofcus, those are prescription pills.
For a start, you would need psychodynamic psychotherapy.

1 Like

Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by lebete3000: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
AskAwayHealth:

Hello Cherr.

It's not easy to open up about your problems and seek for advice like you've done.

There is a mixture of different issues here and they may be all connected.

You say you have been silent on other problems you have, but from your post, I have identified the following:

1. Impulse control Disorder specifically Kleptomania; defined as “the inability to refrain from the urge for stealing items and is usually done for reasons other than personal use or financial gain”

2. Behavioural Problems

3. Drug Misuse

4. Low Self esteem

5. Erratic or unstable Mood

Behavioural patterns which you have described here that are manipulative or self-destructive may have been learned in response to an abusive situation at some point in the past.

Low self-esteem can be at the root of the behaviour where you’ve been ‘dumping other people’ and engaged in multiple sexual health partners to satisfy a need to be loved.

Low self-esteem and feeling that you are not good enough (in spite of being attractive) may also be as a result of Mood problems or childhood abuse.

Drug misuse on its own can lead to behavioural problems, low self-esteem, depression, other mood problems and several other complications – so no surprises then that it’s made no difference to your situation.

A correct diagnosis coupled with treatment (may include medication and counselling) would provide you the way forward to manage this condition.

I would recommend you seek the help of a good psychiatrist in the first instance. Then the problems can be properly categorised and the appropriate treatment sought.

Support from friends and family would be great, but don’t let the absence of either stop you.

Complete strangers have been known to help someone in need. You've taken a step forward already.

The biggest shame would be in not giving yourself an opportunity to get better and make the most of your life.

Stay Well.

Pls how can one get a Psychiatrist or Clinical Psychologist in Nigeria?
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Everyone is saying God like you go to church when you are sick
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by NAJALYN: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
If you don't believe in God how do you solve your problems. Only God has solutions to them.
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by ahanapearl1990(f): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
If you feel like your mental health is negatively impacting your life, remember that you're not alone and there are resources available to help. Seeking professional support from therapists or counselors can provide guidance and coping strategies.

Additionally, utilizing the best mental health apps can be beneficial in managing symptoms and promoting well-being. These apps offer various features like mood tracking, meditation, and therapy sessions, providing convenient and accessible support. Remember to reach out to trusted individuals, seek professional help, and leverage the power of technology to prioritize your mental health and take steps towards a better quality of life.
Re: My Mental Health Is Ruining My Life!!!! by Simply6: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please can anyone recommend a trusted therapist. Lagos mainland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discover How To Enhance Your Sexual Activeness&Boost Ur Sperm Quality Naturally / . / Is It Good For A Pregnant Woman To Be Having Sex??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.