Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) (3498 Views)

+18 Which Do You Prefer? [Picture] / What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? / Couple Who Wedded In Lagos Enjoy Their Honeymoon In The Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by piperson(m): 9:11am On Apr 14, 2017
so you just got married and some one or an organisation offers you one of these as a gift, which would you prefer or which would you say would be more beneficial for you?

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 14, 2017

With proper management and efficient utilisation, 2 can become 3 times number 1

3 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2017
5million dollars today!

In the next 15yrs I don't .make Forbes list crucify me

4 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by SINZ: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2017
Num 2.

I can make num 1 in a couple of years if I properly utilize number 2. Can also triple my earnings from there.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nollynude: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2017
I will go for the first option, what if the organization folds up in the nearest future grin

22 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by obiorathesubtle: 9:26am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:
I will go for the first option, what if the organization folds up in the nearest future grin
are u a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by piperson(m): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2017
Santi69:

With proper management and efficient utilisation, 2 can become 3 times number 1

With proper management and efficient utilisation
what would be 1?

2 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Basildvalour(m): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2017
Let's say you are 20 years old and you have a life expectancy of 90 years and for the next 70 years, you will earn $5,000 every month:

12 months * 70 years = 840
840 * $5,000 = $4,200,000

For me, give me the $5,000,000 today and even if l invest $5,000 every month as in the second scenario, l will still have $800,000 left.

But we should also know that the higher the risk taken, the better the profit realised. Similarly, the more money you invest, the higher your returns. A wise investment of the $5,000,000 might triple (if not more) that money in a year.

It is number 1 for me.

15 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by nepapole(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2017
None.. Man shall not live by money alone.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nollynude: 10:11am On Apr 14, 2017
eosigwe:
are u a Muslim?

No

1 Like

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 14, 2017
piperson:

With proper management and efficient utilisation what would be 1?
2 that is managed properly grin
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2017
B.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by ShinyJay22(m): 10:46am On Apr 14, 2017
Number 1 it is for me...You only live once y'all.So I'm gonna take the 5millz

2 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by prettyesther20: 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
Number 1.... With proper investment, u will make more than number 2 in a month.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Tazdroid(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Gimme the $5m now now now! grin grin grin
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by samwhi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
5million dollars today!

In the next 15yrs I don't .make Forbes list crucify me

1 Like

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by DonroxyII: 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:
This guy, u must be MMM participant aswear grin grin

I go for Num1 ooo Ntoorrrr grin ... $5m today today !

1 Like

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:

2 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
$5m all the way

Reason:

If I choose 2, it will take me 9 years and 2 months to make $5m.

Going by the time value of money, in 9 years time the value of $5m today must have reduced to about $4.1m or so.

If I invest $5m today, my monthly income/profit in the next 5 years will be nothing less than $10,000, all things being equal.

By collecting the lump sum today, I have done away with several risks. Think of it, what if I die tomorrow? What if the company is unable to meet up its obligations? What if there's unbearable social or economic unrest in the country, hence the company decides to close down it's operations? Is there any legal contract that they must continue to pay you and for how long?

The future is certainly uncertain!

I will invest part of it, place myself on a monthly salary of about $2.5k for 5 years or so pending when my business will stabilise.
I will also save part of it.

Give me my $5m today biko

2 Likes

Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Bsmartt(m): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
No 1 is the answer. I will invest it wisely.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:

No
but your profile states you believe in Allah and the rest Islamic incantations
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
#1 is a safe bet and less risky.

If anyone who slightly knows anything about Finance, will realize risk and time value of money play a big role.

For this case, too many variable or factors are unknown. What is known now is assurance of 5M.

Things I would like to find out:

1. What is the present value of future cash flow of 5K. discounted today.
2. What is the future value of 5mil if invested, w/ interest rate
3. Business and financial risks of the said "organization". I want to know chances they will follow thru and not bankrupt or default

And then don't forget common sense things like:

4. Life span cannot be determined with certainty. Can only use average life span of 70 years. And even if you live to be 70, you get less than 5 mil
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
Basildvalour:
Let's say you are 20 years old and you have a life expectancy of 90 years and for the next 70 years, you will earn $5,000 every month:

12 months * 70 years = 840
840 * $5,000 = $4,200,000

For me, give me the $5,000,000 today and even if l invest $5,000 every month as in the second scenario, l will still have $800,000 left.

But we should also know that the higher the risk taken, the better the profit realised. Similarly, the more money you invest, the higher your returns. A wise investment of the $5,000,000 might triple (if not more) that money in a year.

It is number 1 for me.

I like how you break it down.

However there seems to be an assumption that money in itself will guarantee a safe investment.

That type of thinking is delusional.

Without a clear plan, it's easy to lose $5m in one day. (Of course, you fit talk say your village people swear for you, but we know better)

Even the "safer" option of $5,000, a clueless couple can easily get themselves into all kinds of debt, knowing that they'll have a "guaranteed cashflow" every month.

See, the real option every couple needs is a clear wise PLAN to manage whatever money they have.

Cheers
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nollynude: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
eosigwe:
but your profile states you believe in Allah and the rest Islamic incantations

It's the stupid nairaland by force declaration
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Basildvalour(m): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
alignacademy:

I like how you break it down.

However there seems to be an assumption that money in itself will guarantee a safe investment.

That type of thinking is delusional.

Without a clear plan, it's easy to lose $5m in one day. (Of course, you fit talk say your village people swear for you, but we know better)

Even the "safer" option of $5,000, a clueless couple can easily get themselves into all kinds of debt, knowing that they'll have a "guaranteed cashflow" every month.

See, the real option every couple needs is a clear wise PLAN to manage whatever money they have.

Cheers
Unarguably, plan is of the essence as much as discipline.

Your plans are useless if you are not disciplined enough to follow them.
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Basildvalour:
Unarguably, plan is of the essence as much as discipline.

Your plans are useless if you are not disciplined enough to follow them.

And don't you think a person with a plan is more likely to be disciplined than someone without one?
Re: As Newly Wedded, Which Would You Prefer (picture) by Basildvalour(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
alignacademy:

And a person with a plan is more likely to be disciplined than someone without one.

Don't you think so?
Not always true when it is an investment plan. Maybe to be spent on something else and some people who have a plan, due to lifestyle and habit, they lose focus when the money comes and spend frivolously and lavishly.

(1) (Reply)

Airforce1 Are You This Famous??? (photos) / I Lied I Am 23 Because She Can Only Date Older Guys. / The Romantic Ordeal I Am Having As A Cyber Cafe Manager [pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.