Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? (17742 Views)

What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Elan83(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
guyz make i do easter 4u ok,,play dis Bet9ja code,, [3QT8Q6R] 77 ODDS wknd games,, dont add or substract, it strts tomorw mornin,,send me MTN rechrd cards when u win ok,,goodluck! Here is my numbr,,,09020917055
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by ceejay80s(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
klassykute:
Due to current recession Nigeria is facing, everything is now on the high side from food stuff to toiletries, to electronics even the cost of having a Bride has also increased greatly.... this thread is a survey for guys who are planning on getting married soon brace yourself you might change your mind.
What is the cost of taking a Bride in your village..

In Edo state, Bini to be precised is know to have the cheapese Bride price in Nigeria. the list comprise of

6 crates of beer
6 crates of soft drinks
cola nuts for prayers
4 bottles of Hots
#25 naira for BRIDE PRICE
and refreshment for guess.....

U go hear am when u go find wife for akwa ibom , dem no get pity at all and if u no do traditional wedding on their daughter, just pray she no die for ur house or else u go marry and sleep with dead body, the foolish uncle of the girl wey I wan marry before from akwa ibom tell me say he used 2million to do his after living with the woman for 8years, u need to see the face to face house this man live in as e be and u have 2million for wedding and u dey wretched

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by ogastone(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
But don't forget that you must return the Edo woman body to her parents compound anytime she die for burial at her father's compound . So it is not cheap afterall

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by prestige2013: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=klassykute post=55556849]Due to current recession Nigeria is facing, everything is now on the high side from food stuff to toiletries, to electronics even the cost of having a Bride has also increased greatly.... this thread is a survey for guys who are planning on getting married soon brace yourself you might change your mind.

In Edo state, Bini to be precised is know to have the cheapese Bride price in Nigeria. the list comprise of

6 crates of beer
6 crates of soft drinks
cola nuts for prayers
4 bottles of Hots

Benin wedding i witnessed was somehow to me, i cant imagine my in laws to be to be counting the materials bought for the rite anyone not complete you top it up with cash to the extent it almost led to argument btw both families.

Your list above is below half of what was presented. I doubt any tribe still collect substantial amount as the bride price.

#Team negotiate with ur partner.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by castrol180(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
gbegemaster:
Straightup. They tell you that their daughter is not for sale.
Their/your daughter is for sale, but at the cheapest rate of #25 (twenty five naira)...that's why you see them at brothels and Italo. Can you be reminded of one Happy from Benin that beat her fellow ashawo to stupor in a confinement at Italy...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Revolva(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
klassykute:
Due to current recession Nigeria is facing, everything is now on the high side from food stuff to toiletries, to electronics even the cost of having a Bride has also increased greatly.... this thread is a survey for guys who are planning on getting married soon brace yourself you might change your mind.

6 crates of beer
6 crates of soft drinks
cola nuts for prayers
4 bottles of Hots

So women cheap...like dis for bini to marry na many never get husband....na to de go italo...de hustle...or de do runs....lol..pls am not insulting...the whole tribe o..pls..
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by bootylady101(f): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
klassykute:

6 crates of beer
6 crates of soft drinks
cola nuts for prayers
4 bottles of Hots

cheap Yea but when a Bini woman dies her body is taken back to her father's house and thelist eh no be here, more expensive than weddings

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by soleexx(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
Due to high in dollars... we talkin abt 750k in cash..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
ceejay80s:

U go hear am when u go find wife for akwa ibom , dem no get pity at all and if u no do traditional wedding on their daughter, just pray she no die for ur house or else u go marry and sleep with dead body, the foolish uncle of the girl wey I wan marry before from akwa ibom tell me say he used 2million to do his after living with the woman for 8years, u need to see the face to face house this man live in as e be and u have 2million for wedding and u dey wretched

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by pat077: 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
klassykute:

6 crates of beer
6 crates of soft drinks
cola nuts for prayers
4 bottles of Hots

is that all?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by martineverest(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
20 naira in edo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by ceejay80s(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=dumo1 post=55562030][/quote]

If u get any akwa ibom friend ,ask him to tell u the truth, even my parent know about sleeping with a dead body of akwa ibom woman wey die for ur house and if its u that killed her, u will die, even if u run away

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by martineverest(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
ogastone:
But don't forget that you must return the Edo woman body to her parents compound anytime she die for burial at her father's compound . So it is not cheap afterall
it's better
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by ziga: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Culture (which is a way of life for people) evolves according to the situation.

When the world used to be uncivilized and everything was a Jungle, certain things made sense.

Demeaning things we used to do are being phased out.

for example Female circumcision, tribal marks.

The notion that brides should be traded is demeaning and it carries over to Men feeling like they own Women.

Women are not commodities.

Africa is not a dark continent. We need to move forward!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by klassykute(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=vinabason post=55561429][/quote]baba get sense nahh wch wan b am advertising my sist
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by jayfierce(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
gabazin080:
marriage is over-rated in africa. being married is more stressful than digging a well with bare hands. i will rather have baby mamas than be in that bondage called marriage
Lol. Marriage is stressful. Women enjoy it better though. Wearing the ring upandan and oppressing single women. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by UncutSk(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
As an imolite cry cry cry cry
My brother get ready to go broke grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by klassykute(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
pat077:
is that all?
yeah dats all .. hehheheheheheh
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by farihafaheemah(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
Humility017:
seriously.... getting married to a Bini lady is no stress....but not same when thinking of getting married to a lady from the south east and part of south south......
To marry from South east. You must be a millionaire because the list is different stages, the fathere inlaw, mother inlaw, complete father inlaw uncompleted house, buy set oof cloth to grand father inlaw and mother inlaw........ the list is endless. That's why I said you must be a millionaire

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by klassykute(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
bootylady101:

cheap Yea but when a Bini woman dies her body is taken back to her father's house and thelist eh no be here, more expensive than weddings
dts not true oo. she is burried inn her house or her husbys. if dm bury daughter for papa house were dem wan burry papa nd mama?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by jayfierce(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
oshe11:
IF THE WHISTLE BLOWER REFUSES TO TELL US THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF THE MONEY, HE SHUD BE ARRESTED AS THE OWNER

UNLESS HE HAS TOLD THE EFCC BUT THE ARE HIDING IT FOR SOME REASON

IF AN AGENCY LIKE EFCC CANNOT INVESTIGATE AND PROVIDE THE NAME OF THE OWNER OF AN APARTMENT THEN EFCC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED COS ITS USELESS.....

AGENT IS JUST A MIDDLEMAN, ABI THE LANDLORD NOR WRITE RECEIPT GIVE THE TENANT....

WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?

EFCC IS USELESS AND THEY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

You try. So that una go go assassinate the person for opening una yansh. weldone
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
Igboesika:
Depending on the girl's worth.
Primary school.. level 350k.
Wasc....500k
Graduate.. 750k
Masters.. 1m
PhD though not common...1.5m.
After paying this bride price, then you buy all things that are necessary for the ceremony.
Lol..bros where are you from?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Carth678: 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
Bride price doesn't mean they're buying the girl. It means they're forever indebted to the parents of the bride
In India its the girls that pay the groom price
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by HolySteph(f): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
In Rivers state it's not funny. So much demand.

I'll like to see from the Yoruba's end first.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Teedawg: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
just pregnancy is enough(1 sperm only)
Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Humility017(m): 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
farihafaheemah:

To marry from South east. You must be a millionaire because the list is different stages, the fathere inlaw, mother inlaw, complete father inlaw uncompleted house, buy set oof cloth to grand father inlaw and mother inlaw........ the list is endless. That's why I said you must be a millionaire
it is so pathetic... just last I was sent to take a marriage list to my aunt...my cousin in Germany is about getting married to a lady from Imo state... of a truth the list made me shiver...just for introduction oooo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? by Carth678: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
castrol180:

Their/your daughter is for sale, but at the cheapest rate of #25 (twenty five naira)...that's why you see them at brothels and Italo. Can you be reminded of one Happy from Benin that beat her fellow ashawo to stupor in a confinement at Italy...
This is why people like you don't go far

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Seeking To Separate Fighters Set Son, Seven-year-old Ablaze / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / Dowry For Islamic Marriage In Nigeria Now N13,438 – Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.