Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Delta Marriage Culture - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Delta Marriage Culture (3351 Views)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / Culture Vs Legal Law: Who Owns The Child??? / 5 Tips For Blending Into A New Culture When You Relocate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Marriage Culture by SlimHan(f): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2017
what is it like getting married to a delta guy (ika north east LGA) as a yoruba lady. Reply needed please. Thanks
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Are u marrying the tribe or you are marrying the man? And marrying into his family?

I feel u should be more concerned the kind of man u are about to marry. And what works in his family?.

As long as u are respectful and easy going, u shouldn't have a problem and remember adultery is forbidden in delta state. I think that's the only problem in marrying a delta man.. If the woman is promiscuous or adulterous, then she will see another kind of life on earth, due to the traditions and customs surrounding the land and families.
That's all.
Enjoy your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Marriage Culture by SlimHan(f): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:
Are u marrying the tribe or you are marrying the man? And marrying into his family?

I feel u should be more concerned the kind of man u are about to marry. And what works in his family?.

As long as u are respectful and easy going, u shouldn't have a problem and remember adultery is forbidden in delta state. I think that's the only problem in marrying a delta man.. If the woman is promiscuous or adulterous, then she will see another kind of life on earth, due to the traditions and customs surrounding the land and families.
That's all.
Enjoy your marriage.
Thanks for your reply. I just want to know if there are some culture shock. This is marriage and not mere dating. No backing out after marriage remember.
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
SlimHan:
Thanks for your reply. I just want to know if there are some culture shock. This is marriage and not mere dating. No backing out after marriage remember.

The only shock u will may receive is from adultery. That's all.
If you are faithful, u should have nothing to worry about.
And be very sure, u truly love him and u are ready to be married and stay married Marriage is not easy, it's continous work which definitely yields good fruits. What both of u invest in it, that's what will be harvested. If you both are also team players? perfect!
So don't worry everything will work accordingly more as a praying and hardworking wife too. Delta men love their wives to be hardworking.
So that's about it smiley

Best of luck! smiley
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by SlimHan(f): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:

The only shock u will may receive is from adultery. That's all.
If you are faithful, u should have nothing to worry about.
And be very sure, u truly love him and u are ready to be married and stay married Marriage is not easy, it's continous work which definitely yields good fruits. What both of u invest in it, that's what will be harvested. If you both are also team players? perfect!
So don't worry everything will work accordingly more as a praying and hardworking wife too. Delta men love their wives to be hardworking.
So that's about it smiley

Best of luck! smiley

.thanks Adultery is out of it anyways. Are there basic things they restrict their daughter inlaws from doing aside adultery? are you also from delta? i need more input...

1 Like

Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
SlimHan:
.thanks Adultery is out of it anyways. Are there basic things they restrict their daughter inlaws from doing aside adultery? are you also from delta? i need more input...

Nothing else.
Don't be paranoid..
Be positive and don't look for problems where they are not.

Or what do u expect to hear?
We kill and eat people for breakfast lol grin

U sef

Am done with this topic.
U can keep looking for problems.. U are OYO grin
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:

Nothing else.
Don't be paranoid..

U sef

Am done with this topic.
Please one last qtn.
The law against adultery that you mentioned, is it just for the wife or both husband ans wife are forbidden ?
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Why don't you ask your husband-to-be?
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by SlimHan(f): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
alexialin:

Nothing else.
Don't be paranoid..

U sef

Am done with this topic.
.lol i still have so many questions. Thanks for your input
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Guitarlife:
Please one last qtn.
The law against adultery that you mentioned, is it just for the wife or both husband ans wife are forbidden ?

unfortunately it's just for the wife. sad
And that's the tradition.

The husband can choose to have as much concubines or wives if he wishes and his family won't kick against it. That's why I said op should be concerned about the personality of whom she's marrying. Is he monogamous by choice? Or polygamous in nature?
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
alexialin:

unfortunately it's just for the wife. sad
And that's the tradition.

The husband can choose to have as much concubines or wives if he wishes and his family won't kick against it. That's why I said op should be concerned about the personality of whom she's marrying. Is he monogamous by choice? Or polygamous in nature?

Yeah my Ex told me about this law...nd I think it's unfair
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
mhizesther:

Yeah my Ex told me about this law...nd I think it's unfair

It's highly unfair.. It should be placed on the groom as well.
But as it is?
Sighs that's the tradition and culture.
No two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Delta Marriage Culture by kweenkong(f): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
My dear the tribe is almost inconsequential, the question am I marrying a good man from a good family. I am Yoruba and married to a Delta man.

As regards that law it's unfair but hey i am sure you don't have plans of cheating right, so you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
Deseo:
Why don't you ask your husband-to-be?
I was going to say the same thing.
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by MsFaith: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
oh!, my daddy is Ika North East, so am I, and my mum is yoruba like you. hmmmmm, from my mummy's experience , I would only advice you to pray hard about it.
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
MsFaith:
oh!, my daddy is Ika North East, so am I, and my mum is yoruba like you. hmmmmm, from my mummy's experience , I would only advice you to pray hard about it.

Lol cheesy

but why should she pray very hard about it?
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by MsFaith: 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
alexialin:

Lol cheesy

but why should she pray very hard about it?
well, that's the normal thing to do. And my mother complains and says she can never allow any of her girls marry from our side
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
MsFaith:

well, that's the normal thing to do. And my mother complains and says she can never allow any of her girls marry from our side

well it's good to pray before getting and even in marriage. The prayers do not stop.To avoid stories that touch.
It's well .
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by MsFaith: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
alexialin:

well it's good to pray before getting and even in marriage. The prayers do not stop.To avoid stories that touch.
It's well .
Abi.
Re: Delta Marriage Culture by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
MsFaith:

Abi.

Yea.

(1) (Reply)

Bonanza !!! 10 Brand New 200ah Mercury Inverter Batteries For Sale At 95k Each! / How To Apply For And Get Fresh International Passport As A Married Woman / My Cousin Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.