Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. (714 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / 45 Automobile Acronyms And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by dharrey2012: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2017
Hello house,
first, Kudos to the Nairaland auto family for help rendered on this forum. I just scanned my car because I was having issues with fuel consumption.
here are the codes I got. 1. 00523 (G42) 2. 00515 (Sender G40)
I AM ANXIOUS WAITING FOR YOUR HELP
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by krak101(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Google it

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
dharrey2012:
Hello house,

first, Kudos to the Nairaland auto family for help rendered on this forum.
I just scanned my car because I was having issues with fuel consumption.

here are the codes I got.
1. 00523 (G42)
2. 00515 (Sender G40)

I AM ANXIOUS WAITING FOR YOUR HELP

Re-scan car, tell us model, transmission type,n engine size, and this time around, proper codes.

Codes start with Pxxxx, Bxxxx, Cxxxx
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by dharrey2012: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2017
krak101:
Google it

thank you,

I have checked it, but I don't how to get it resolved, the Kazeem that scanned it said he can use scanner to clear it, which I don't feel should be right
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by dharrey2012: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Re-scan car, tell us model, transmission type,n engine size, and this time around, proper codes.

Codes start with Pxxxx, Bxxxx, Cxxxx

thank you Oga Gazzuzz

the codes are P0113 and P0340, the car is a golf3, 1.8l engine, automatic trans

thank you once again
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by krak101(m): 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
dharrey2012:

thank you,

I have checked it, but I don't how to get it resolved, the Kazeem that scanned it said he can use scanner to clear it, which I don't feel should be right
some of those signs at times are not really troubles. So it can just be wiped. Talking from experience
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by dharrey2012: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
krak101:
some of those signs at times are not really troubles. So it can just be wiped. Talking from experience

thank you

but my question is will wiping it correct the fuel consumption issues?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by krak101(m): 6:08am On Apr 16, 2017
dharrey2012:

thank you

but my question is will wiping it correct the fuel consumption issues?

First run a scan on the vehicle. Thereafter fix all genuine problems then you wipe the signs. Again scan the vehicle, if the signs again come up that's to say somethings still wrong. Sorry what car do yOu drive
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help With Meanings Of Codes From My Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Apr 16, 2017
dharrey2012:

thank you Oga Gazzuzz

the codes are P0113 and P0340, the car is a golf3, 1.8l engine, automatic trans

thank you once again

P0113 intake air temperature circuit high (in most cases, the harness is broken or the socket not connected)

P0340 camshaft position sensor, circuit malfunction

*Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor Camshaft

*Position Sensor harness is open or shorted.

*Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor

*electrical connection Faulty starter motor

*Starting system circuit Dead (Weak) battery

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0340_volkswagen.html

(1) (Reply)

You Have Exotic Cars For Sale At Good Price? Whatsapp Me. / I Need Driving School Within Maryland / Where Shall I Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.