Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,852 members, 7,798,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? (18607 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by jonnytad(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
If you ask me, Na who I go ask?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by permit(m): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
zionmade:
Judas was not DESTINED BY GOD TO BETRAY JESUS.
Judas wasnt afraid to steal from Jesus and dat opened him to be used by d devil.
There was no prophesy about betrayal of Jesus until Jesus said so. And Jesus made his first statement about Judas wen he acknowledged dat Judas was a thief before he prophesied dat judas would betray him.
Assuming something bad has to happen to an evil man, God would never use a righteous man to execute it, he would make another evil man a vessel to d devil to carry out his plans.
Dat is why we shouldn't make ourselves available for devil to use
, understand immeasurable things jus a mistake can caus one, jesus said it, and it was a prophacy,which was fulfiled by his lack of wisdom, he thought hs master wil pas even in d middle of d captivators as usual, another tin prophecy of christ, is smtin that mus be.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by An2elect2(f): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
femi4:
Support your claims with scriptures.

You are the one who don't understand how God operates.

The harlot by faith walked into the Prophecy. She wasn't in the original plan.

Heb 11:31
By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

You should have as well asked me to quote the whole bible
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Maximus85(m): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Apple1992:
Its funny when i heard people curse and blame Judas Iscariot, for betraying Jesus christ.

Though am not very good when it comes to scriptural reasoning.

But from what i heard and read from the bible, i believed it was the fulfilment of prophecy.

Remember the bible says, heaven and earth shall pass away , but no iota of my word shall pass way.

So whatever happen i believe, it was designed by God.

So my point now is , i don't think its right blaming Judas, its the fulfilment of prophecy!

Let me see how best I can explain this.

First, Jesus Christ came to die for our sin, And his death cemented the total destruction of Satan.

Hence, Satan never wanted Jesus Christ to die that sacrificial death.

You might say yes, Shebi he wanted to kill Jesus when he was a child. Yes, Satan tried. And had he succeeded in killing Jesus, that death would have been useless because at birth, Jesus was only an extraordinary child but he has not become the messiah or the anointed at that time. Jesus became the Christ when he was baptized and God anointed him when the holy spirit came on him as a dove.

But Satan would have been able to distort God's plan for a while has he succeeded. But we know God narrrr, he's quick to maneuver, quick to become whatever he pleases to make his will come true.

So God protected Jesus till he became the Christ and was eligible to give his life as a ransom for us all.

Now the best thing Satan could do is try to disqualify Jesus as the ransomer. He tried to make Jesus disobey God. We remembered how he tempted Jesus in the wilderness. Telling Jesus to jump, bow or do a miracle to selfish gain. Jesus was formidable. He won the devil.

As Satan couldn't succeed using tricks, next he Kuku wan use tipatipa {Force} to make just quit his assignment as the ransomer. He started instigating people against Jesus Christ. He needed to enter Jesus Christ's closest circle and these are his disciples. He was looking for a weak link that he can use to make Jesus Christ ridiculed and to suffer.
Judas is a Thief. He's been taken money from the disciples' purse since he was in charge. Satan observed all the disciples and Judas was vulnerable. He was not named or destined to betray Jesus Christ.

And had he not killed himself, who knows, Jesus might have forgiven him.

So we can blame Judas for everything. He made himself available to be used by Satan.

We can all learn from this. We want our behavior to be honorable. If we do this, we will be useless to the devil. He won't even come close to us at all.

I don't try.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Bakrabas: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
By HANGING = (Matt. 27 vs 3-cool

By FALLING = (Act. 1 vs 16-19)

If I'm the confused one it's not my fault it's Bible that brought us confusion

TosineGuy:

u are the confused one here bro. Mix them together, u will find out dat He hanged himself on d land he bought solves the whole thing. Ask yourself, why didn't peter kill himself?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by omoadeleye(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
doctor306:
If u believed DAT Judas was destined to betray Jesus then hope you also believed that God knows were we would ho after our death if heaven or hell but my question is since he knows why did he create some of us when he no we wount make heaven
He knows things before they happen then why was Adam and eve punished for disobeying him when he could have averted the whole situation before their creation

I have think of this so many times then I came to this conclusion that God doesn't want us to believe that he is bias on the day of our judgement cause we will be like "God you didn't sent us to earth to know maybe we are doing good or bad, now you just created us and be judging us to hell, God you know that is bias oo" so God intended us to witness our handwork so that on the day of judgment youbwill surely know what you are being judge of...
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Respect55(m): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
judedwriter:

God knows everything from the end to the beginning. For example, Enoch prophesied the coming of Jesus even before the birth of Noah! God knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus from the beginning.

Jesus actually gave Judas a chance to repent, when He told His disciples that one of them would betray Him. But he didn't. Even after betraying Jesus, Judas didn't seek for mercy-he hanged himself!

So Wat if he had repented, Wat becomes of the prophecy?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by mideactive: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
judedwriter:

God knows everything from the end to the beginning. For example, Enoch prophesied the coming of Jesus even before the birth of Noah! God knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus from the beginning.

Jesus actually gave Judas a chance to repent, when He told His disciples that one of them would betray Him. But he didn't. Even after betraying Jesus, Judas didn't seek for mercy-he hanged himself!

Very bright!
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Respect55(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
FatGuy:
The Bible says "The Son of Man shall be killed just as it is written, but woe to him by whom the Son of Man is killed". No one destined Judas Iscariot to be the betrayer of Jesus, he allowed himself to be used.
Wat if nobody have allowed himself to be used in fulfilling the prophecy, Wat becomes of the prophecy?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by doctor306(m): 12:38am On Apr 15, 2017
walls01:

because he created man to have free will to choose. if he had force man to not eat the fruit that free will he gave man would have been void

Why did he create the fruit since he knew it would tempt his creation
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Totfulguy: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2017
Apple1992:
Its funny when i heard people curse and blame Judas Iscariot, for betraying Jesus christ.

Though am not very good when it comes to scriptural reasoning.

But from what i heard and read from the bible, i believed it was the fulfilment of prophecy.

Remember the bible says, heaven and earth shall pass away , but no iota of my word shall pass way.

So whatever happen i believe, it was designed by God.

So my point now is , i don't think its right blaming Judas, its the fulfilment of prophecy!

What you need to understand is that God is Almighty, and He is the only Authority that has the capacity to tell the future (if He so intends). The capacity to foretell the future does not lay responsibility on God for the actions taken by the parties the event, just because he CAN foresee the future. Those two do not connect. Any more than you can say that a parent who warns his child of the consequences for his action, is responsible if it comes to pass as the parent foresaw. To illustrate, if a child DECIDES to climb a chair and a table and run on top of these, and an experienced parent warns the child of the consequences of such maneuvers. If the child continues he may see the consequences that the parent predicted. This does not put the blame on the parent. Unlike God, humans do no have the capacity see in details, what is to come. But God does. He can foretell (Not Predict) in full detail. God does however, influence the actions of the participants. They are responsible for their action. (Galatians 6:7).

The Destiny Argument:

To argue that God somehow predetermines the course of a person's is to say that, God is cruel, cold and evil. Or how else would you describe a God who had predetermined the cause of life of all of us and then turns round to punish us for playing out his script? In that case, Abubakar Shekau and is not responsible for the bloodshed, Nigerian politician were also destined to still among other prepaid (predetermined life courses). But far be it from God to be evil, cold or cruel. God has given us the capacity to choose and the freedom to do so. We are not robotic replicas off a mold created by God. We are therefore responsible for our actions and are accountable for the consequences thereoff. God would not have had any justification to punish Judas if he had predetermined his life-course. Judas IS RESPONSIBLE for his actions. HE BETRAYED Jesus out of his own selfish desire. The Bible puts it succinctly at James 1: 13-15. I hope this clarifies the seeming confusion as to Judas' culpability in connection with Jesus death.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
He let his greed get the better part of him. If anyone actually used him, then its the devil. I wasn't disappointed
You are 1000% right. Greed was his downfall and orchestrated by the devil himself.
Instead of seeking forgiveness, he took his own life(another sin apart from betrayal).
BTW

All this atheists when they have bad dreams and wake up,they all scream 'Jesus' or ' God' but says He doesn't exist! Bunch of clowns grin cheesy
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by hycode: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Judas 'the Keriot or the Sacarii' which translates as Iscariot has all the answers in his book "The Gospel according to JUDAS" I encourage people to research other Gospel (Gospel of Thomas, Philip, etc). Jesus had 12 Disciples but why do we have 4 Synoptic Gospel?

Long story short, we may never know if Judas was a malefactor or hero.

We take everything in Christianity by Faith. '"Blessed are those who believe without seeing" (John20:29,ESV)
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by DeTherapist: 1:22am On Apr 15, 2017
One thing you should understand is this , it was be never prophesied that jusdas will betray Jesus ..... The only prophecy was that Jesus will die and rise again ... However after judas heard that Jesus said he will die !!! It drove him to making a few bucks from his (jesus's)destined death ... I believe he said to him self , if I don't betray him he dies , but if I betray him he still dies and I make 30 bucks ... Being a cunny and a greedy person he went with the second option ... He even had the guts to still from Jesus... So that's what happened ,... Peace
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by koolaid87: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Nah, cos he only fulfilled prophesy..Regardless of that he should have asked for forgiveness, he had a choice, but opted for suicide.

Jesus told peter that he would betrayed him three times...No matter how strong peter could have been, the prophesy had to be manifested

Happy Easter Y'll
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 15, 2017
The fact is Jesus must be killed but why must it be you to reveal him for execution.

The prophesy says Christ must be killed not must be betrayed. So why must it be Judas to make it easy by betraying Him.

Why must you be the one to make yourself available to satan to be used.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by herald9: 2:11am On Apr 15, 2017
Let's cut some slack for Judas now?

Do you think it's easy to hang yourself to death and still go on to fall headlong and die?

Jesus died once, but Judas died twice.

He's the main hero!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by onos217(m): 2:16am On Apr 15, 2017
bezimo:
Do you know that Peter was the person initially satan planned to use but Jesus prayed for him, but Judas was the scape goat used in place of peterto fulfill Jesus devine mission.

Some reflecting thoughts.

If Judas didn't betray Jesus, He won't have died
If he didn't die, then the world won't be saved.

But woe to the person that betrays his Lord and Master Jesus Christ.
If I may ask,had Jesus Christ prayed for Judas Iscariot,just like he prayed for Peter ,would he had been saved ?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by onos217(m): 2:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Totfulguy:

What you need to understand is that God is Almighty, and He is the only Authority that has the capacity to tell the future (if He so intends). The capacity to foretell the future does not lay responsibility on God for the actions taken by the parties the event, just because he CAN foresee the future. Those two do not connect. Any more than you can say that a parent who warns his child of the consequences for his action, is responsible if it comes to pass as the parent foresaw. To illustrate, if a child DECIDES to climb a chair and a table and run on top of these, and an experienced parent warns the child of the consequences of such maneuvers. If the child continues he may see the consequences that the parent predicted. This does not put the blame on the parent. Unlike God, humans do no have the capacity see in details, what is to come. But God does. He can foretell (Not Predict) in full detail. God does however, influence the actions of the participants. They are responsible for their action. (Galatians 6:7).

The Destiny Argument:

To argue that God somehow predetermines the course of a person's is to say that, God is cruel, cold and evil. Or how else would you describe a God who had predetermined the cause of life of all of us and then turns round to punish us for playing out his script? In that case, Abubakar Shekau and is not responsible for the bloodshed, Nigerian politician were also destined to still among other prepaid (predetermined life courses). But far be it from God to be evil, cold or cruel. God has given us the capacity to choose and the freedom to do so. We are not robotic replicas off a mold created by God. We are therefore responsible for our actions and are accountable for the consequences thereoff. God would not have had any justification to punish Judas if he had predetermined his life-course. Judas IS RESPONSIBLE for his actions. HE BETRAYED Jesus out of his own selfish desire. The Bible puts it succinctly at James 1: 13-15. I hope this clarifies the seeming confusion as to Judas' culpability in connection with Jesus death.
"God does not predetermine the life of a person" How about the case of Jacob and Esau?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by zionmade(m): 2:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
I mean, befire we were born, God(Christ)knows/knew us.. What we are, what we would be.. So he said to Jeremiah.. And u also stated that Jesus acknowledged Judas to be a thief.
We knew d background of various disciples before they began following Jesus. But dat of Judas wasnt recorded. Even if Judas was a former thief he must have repented like Matthew before opting to follow Jesus.
Jesus acknowledged dat Judas stole from d treasury wen Judas made d sell d oil and give d poor statement
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by xtivin(m): 5:56am On Apr 15, 2017
God has given us freewill but we will account for how we use it,judas allowed the devil to use him.always pay attention to what spirit is using you at all time
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by spie42(m): 6:29am On Apr 15, 2017
An2elect2:
Then we shouldn't credit Christ for securing our salvation since it was a prophecy too?
You re so naive
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 6:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Jacksparr0w127 Since you are silent, do you now agree with me? cheesy
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2017
Trina0936:

You are 1000% right. Greed was his downfall and orchestrated by the devil himself.
Instead of seeking forgiveness, he took his own life(another sin apart from betrayal).
BTW

All this atheists when they have bad dreams and wake up,they all scream 'Jesus' or ' God' but says He doesn't exist! Bunch of clowns grin cheesy
Lols, God bless you. Happy Easter
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2017
Marvel1206:
Jack.sparr0w127 Since you are silent, do you now agree with me? cheesy
lol. I'm just trying to get some facts before I reply

I'll come back with biblical facts cheesy
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
lol. I'm just trying to get some facts before I reply

I'll come back with biblical facts cheesy
haha. I don turn you to pastor beyen
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by judedwriter(m): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2017
yemimajid:
But god already knows he won't take the chance to repent, he won't seek mercy, and he would hang himself, so??
God sits on His throne, and does what He likes; no one can question Him. Right now, God already knows those who spend eternity with Him and those who won't!
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by judedwriter(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2017
ziga:

If God already knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus, what was the point of Jesus giving Judas the chance to repent.

Judas never really had a chance it seems.

And If Jesus died for our sins, we should be grateful to Judas for doing what all the other 11 disciples couldn't do... for the salvation of mankind.

Even though Judas was doomed from the beginning, it only seemed fair for God to show us all that He will never force us against our will.
The book of proverbs says we may cast lots, but the answer is from God. God knows every decision we will take even before our birth.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Goodnuel: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2017
An2elect2:
God foreknows because He predetermined. How else would God know a thing before hand if it was not His doing grin
My point too.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Goodnuel: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2017
zionmade:

We knew d background of various disciples before they began following Jesus. But dat of Judas wasnt recorded. Even if Judas was a former thief he must have repented like Matthew before opting to follow Jesus.
Jesus acknowledged dat Judas stole from d treasury wen Judas made d sell d oil and give d poor statement
So like us, Christ didn't know a thing about Judas but went ahead to make him an apostle??

And how could he have repented when Christ hasn't died yet??, the part of repentance was supposed to be open after the death of Christ.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 15, 2017
Marvel1206:

haha. I don turn you to pastor beyen
Hahaha it's knowledge actually. I like such arguments
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by zionmade(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Goodnuel:
So like us, Christ didn't know a thing about Judas but went ahead to make him an apostle??

And how could he have repented when Christ hasn't died yet??, the part of repentance was supposed to be open after the death of Christ.
Have u seen a man who married a very good loving wife who turned evil after marriage?
Judas might not have been a thief before Jesus chose him. There was repentance for Mary and d samarian prostitute den why wont there also be repentance for Judas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet MCGodwinFavour Who Started Singing At 10, Tours The Globe With His Talent / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.