Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ (23752 Views)

Sex-for-marks: University Of Abuja Sacks Dean / See The Bad State Of University Of Abuja Boys Hostel (Graphic Pictures) / University Of Abuja Lecturer Burst Into Tears After Analyzing This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Femich18(m): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
oviejnr:
I would like to play the role of the Pharises in this kind of movie, so i can beat the hell out of that boy that impersonating Jesus. Black Jesus my foot grin grin
Lol.... you are not serious
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by silverspringle(f): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
D one done by St Peters Catholic Church Uniuyo brought tears from my eyes cry. Jesus really paid the debt he didnt owe. I love u Jesus
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by EazyMoh(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
ominilongest:
Black Jesus with weavons.. grin grin grin
Guy you are wicked!

3 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by SSpeter(m): 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Proudly Roman catholic
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by me69: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
So basically you believe that a man was God now is dead and to remember him you stage his death na waooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by bestspoke: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
but why are Catholic doing tht?? sounds more like they are celebrating his death.
Not celebration...calling to the remembrance of the memorial of His passion. No one really cares about the deep meanings revolving around the passion of Christ. All we shout nowadays is grace grace . No sober reflection anymore.

May God Help us.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by handsomeaare(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
uniabuja student be like warri pple weh no deh carry last.... abeg nah who act that Jesus part
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by 3rdeye1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hmnnn
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Langbasa: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Alright.

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by EnkayDezign: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
ominilongest:
Black Jesus with weavons.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
Would rather stay in the comfort of my home and watch Mel Gibson's passion of the christ than this stage play I find It hard to relate with
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by ominilongest(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
EazyMoh:

Guy you are wicked!
... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by modaink333: 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Splendid.... May all actors, through this may God grant them dia heart desires aman
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
but why are Catholic doing tht?? sounds more like they are celebrating his death.

Of course, we celebrate his death. That is the backbone of Christianity. That Christ died and rose again. That is what makes Christianity unique among all other religions. Without the death there would be no resurrection. But as the Psalmist says, weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30.5.

but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles - 1 Cor. 1.23

And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith - 1 Cor 15.14

So yeah. We celebrate the death of Christ, but gladly cheesy
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
me69:
So basically you believe that a man was God now is dead and to remember him you stage his death na waooo

Of course. Its called a memorial. It serves to bring to mind what took place on that fateful day.

A picture speaks more than a thousand words. A motion picture speaks more than a million words.
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Empredboy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
without his death will there have been salvation?
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by FavoredGuy: 11:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Honestly, I am an ardent Catholic faithful but I don't understand this when there should be more attention focused on prayer and meditation, people will be busy capturing pics and videos. It is gradually becoming part Nigerian liturgy. Most of us who take part in the drama see themselves as something else, just like MOD, Boys Scout/Brigade. Prayers as serious as Stations of the Cross should not be said along the road, neither should it be dramatised. I don't know what it shows but I know it contradicts Jesus' teaching in Matthew 6 : 5-8. It should be a moment of sober reflection and not a moment of watching drama. The drama can be acted on another day when drama is needed to teach or entertain not on Good Friday. Peopl ignorantly take the picture of Robert Powell as that of Jesus. That's an error.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Karlman: 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
corpersforum:
This is impertubably Lugurious!!!
...i think i like that term 'lugurious' ...i just dont know why i keep thinking it means you are a unserious MUGU.
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by NoWorries7(m): 12:14am On Apr 15, 2017
When will you Catholics should stop mocking God? God have mercy...
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by BOOKERPAGE(m): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2017
This agreement was reached between the jamb registrar ishaq oloyode and the army chief of staff Buratai on thursday... click here to see details http://schoolgistnow.com.ng/2017/04/14/army-men-to-supervise-jamb-centers/
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by justjify(m): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2017
St Peter Clavier Catholic Chaplaincy. Who cares? NFCS dose

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by marksooyinmiebi(m): 1:47am On Apr 15, 2017
justjify:
St Peter Clavier Catholic Chaplaincy. Who cares? NFCS dose
NFCS Does. Are you in uniabuja?
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Chinagurum1995(m): 2:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Hummm Jesus is Crucified on the Cross and died for our sins well Happy Good Friday my People over there in Nigeria so this is the time too reconcile and the mighty name of Jesus..... grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by henryguy9944: 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
No! its not celebration its a reflection on wat happened then. look at the pixs very well nobody is happy even the viewers.
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
NoWorries7:
When will you Catholics should stop mocking God? God have mercy...
you get big problem
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by justjify(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:
NFCS Does. Are you in uniabuja?
I attended Unibuja. Graduated some 7years back. wink
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Pengician(m): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
9jaflaver:
#Good Friday!! University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Cruxification Of Jesus Christ (Photos)

Today being the 14th of April, 2017, the university of Abuja students staged the cruxification of Jesus christ, at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Phase III Gwagwalda, Abuja. I was able to get some clean shots from the drama.

Photos below:-

Source:- http://9jaflaver.com/good-friday-university-of-abuja-catholic-students-staging-the-cruxification-of-jesus-christ-photos/

Great JOB!

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by marksooyinmiebi(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2017
justjify:

I attended Unibuja. Graduated some 7years back. wink
Mehn. Thumbs up.
Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by justjify(m): 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

Mehn. Thumbs up.
Yeah man, thanks.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Catholic Students Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus Christ by Amujale(m): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Jesus is a fictitious chatacter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me With The Direction Of Jamb Office In Ikoyi? / Latest About Admission In Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo / Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.