Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor (28434 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by RapportNaija(m): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Church in Makurdi Receives N42 Million Tithe from a Donor Who Requested To Remain Anonymous

A tithe donor whose identity has been made anonymous by a local church, NKST Church, ‘Non go Kristu U Sudan hen Tiv’ (which means, the Church of Christ Amongst the Tiv) in Makurdi, Benue State, shocked church members when they offered N42 million to the church as a tithe. The tithe was reportedly paid into the church’s UBA bank account.

When some church members heard of the tithe, they told other members of the church of who got annoyed that the church got such donation while their salaries hadn't been paid by the Government for many months.

The main reason residents got aggravated by the tithe was because they believed the donor was a government official.

The resident pastor of the church, Dr Frederick Ikyaan, initially denied that such money was credited into the Church's account.

However, a copy of the church’s quarterly financial report, from January 2017 to March 2017, revealed the credit of N42 million tithes to the church in January 2017. This makes the donation the highest single offering from an individual for the quarter.

After the financial report was shown, Pastor Dr Frederick Ikyaan admitted that they received the donation, adding that his initial denial was based on the allegations that the donor was an appointee of the Benue State Government.

http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/04/church-in-makurdi-receives-n42-million.html

5 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by gbegemaster(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2017
Whistle blowing money?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Justuceleague2: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Whistle blower made 420m

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Turks: 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Nigeria isn't broke

Nigerians are just greedy.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Onye obula di na pincode...

16 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Pharaoh9(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
The pastor don hammer,

EFCC should prob that member(ngbada/maga)

10 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by mmsen: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
Waste of money.

4 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
Hm$m
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
So ReportNaija is now doing whistleblowing. Lol.

This can be a way to hoard money. grin

in other news click below to purchase your Biafra money so u can spend it abroad

https://www.nairaland.com/3742356/photoshop-real

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Taryur3(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
K
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Crauxx(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
Why the church no go deny am
If na to buy helicopter now the pastors go dey carry first.
Me rather than give one stupid pastor my money as tithe I rather donate it to charity. angry

16 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by realilife: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
Tithe after blood money grin

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by AntiWailer: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
They still doubted what Obasanjo said.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by fatdick(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
There is nothing wrong in giving a tithe to the church. What is wrong in this story is the part where the pastor initially lied about receiving the tithe in the first place. That is a big sin.

But wait ooo.....42 million naira X 10 = 420 million shocked
And you expect make the church members no vex......knowing that the tithe may not even be used to cater for their welfare.

E be like say na Whistle blower pay him tithe grin 2.5% of 19 billion = 475million. Go figure grin

Over to those of you who believe in paying tithe

17 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Tenim47(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
and the church decided to bring it online
where are these hustlers efcc

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by leksmedia: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
I learnt a lot of lesson from this story
1. Church members got annoyed not just because they haven't been paid , they automatically feel the money should be shared
2. Pastor had to lie to shield members off the funds
3. Nigerians don't bloody care where the money comes from provided they partake in it
4. No government official will be this generous at this time
5. There is so much suffering in the land , imagine workers not being paid for a long time
6. When it comes to money matter even the most
upward man can turn bad.

For your website design , blog design, e-commerce websites visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

15 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by rawpadgin(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2017
the fear of whistle blowers in the beginning of sudden philanthropy

please o, how can i become a whistle blower

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Danialuone: 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
EFCC,Dino Malaye,saraki and lalastical over to you.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Lakebeyin(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Thank GOD. But if u find 2 d root, dat person gonna b one f d politicians who keeps money at home..

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by ajepako(f): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
And dem wan bribe God to protect their stolen money?

Beg wetin no fit happen for naija..

grin grin grin grin
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by darocha1: 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
God. Where art thou face?
When will I receive anonymous alert. Is it until I begin to spam social media with my account details.

N/B
Easter Promo on Inverter is fast running out, talk to us today and experience uninterruptible power supply of 8-14hrs.
See my profile for further details
Call/WhatsApp 08137539988

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Micah360(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Jeez.. This one is strong
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Valindazz(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Please who has the number to efcc whistle blowing stuff... I have trumpet to blow!

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by mployer(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
Whistle blower just paid tithe cheesy
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Amathylee(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Tithe to church or hidinq place to keep money........kwantinu

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by millionboi(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Wie my whistle
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by yhermmie(f): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
incredible
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by MAINMAN001: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
D 42 million weak me
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by jbreezy: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
So hauz don full...na to dey keep money insyd church remain
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by msmith247(f): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by hakeem4(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
42 million tithe

So the anonymous guy had 420 million

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by 2shur: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
I must open my ministry.
Tithes would be in form of bitcoins..westees and what have you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri / Those Who Lived Wayward Life In School Get Better Opportunities Than Church Goer / Pastor Oritsejafor Shows His Football Skills At Warri City Stadium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.