Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) (120508 Views)

My Pepper/vegetable Farm As A Jobless Graduate / Pls Help!! ! Cockroach Is Eating Up My Vegetable Plants / Ikorodu Vegetable Farm Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Wiseking00:

How much do you get this?

The 5kg goes for N3,500.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Wiseking00(m): 4:23am On Jul 12, 2020
jidestroud:

The 5kg goes for N3,500.

Thx
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Emmafly(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Sequel to the project implementation discussed, Epe is my next destination. An acre of farmland has been secured and I went sightseeing over the weekend to know what is needed to get started. Good thing, we already built a farm house on the land sometime last year. It's going to be a while in the forest before I see civilization again. Missing my Goats already cry (thanks to videos calling through the help of my workers grin)

Unfortunately, the person who was supposed to be a caretaker for us on the land had already grown some corn & cassava on the land while we delayed, I intend getting rid of everything.
Reasons would be discussed in details on another thread.

But wait oooo!!!
Lekki - Epe road is such a disaster. Never have I seen a road so bad in my entire life since my existence. It was a total nightmare for me and a horrible experience to all. I repeat never ever ever go through that route. But, is the Ikorodu route any better? Chai...

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by ideepaul: 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
Wow such a massive piece of land! I trust you will update us on the daily activities? Btw, are you cultivating the whole acre? And if so, what crop(s) are you cultivating?
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Boombaby: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2020
jidestroud:

What part of Lagos so I could be more precise about the places I know closest to your axis? Moreover, you could checkout any of the legit agro stores online and get it delivered to you.

Thank sir..i am at Egbeda / Akonwonjo side. Can I get at Iyanaiba? or Agege? Welldone on your excellent thread.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2020

Walahi, this my wife wee nor kee me with laughter. grin grin grin grin. On getting home to see my beautiful wifey after days of toiling on the farm, I met a strange sight; an inverted tomato plant dangling just in front of my entrance oooo cry cry

Wetin be dis? I asked. cheesy.
Shebi you left me alone for days, so I decided to experiment something I looked up on YouTube, she replied.
I kukuma enter my house laughing so hard ehn...I have finally corrupted my iyawo.

I just have to beg her not to touch my tomato seedlings again. grin. Make she no use am disfigure my frontage abeg. Moreover, the tomato seedling she used is a Rio grande variety. I seriously doubt it will do well in that little space, but make I just dey look and appreciate her efforts.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2020
Boombaby:

Thank sir..i am at Egbeda / Akonwonjo side. Can I get at Iyanaiba? or Agege? Welldone on your excellent thread.

@iyana-iba, Yes!
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by iamdannyfc(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Deasegun19(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2020
jidestroud:

Walahi, this my wife wee nor kee me with laughter. grin grin grin grin. On getting home to see my beautiful wifey after days of toiling on the farm, I met a strange sight; an inverted tomato plant dangling just in front of my entrance oooo cry cry

Wetin be dis? I asked. cheesy.
Shebi you left me alone for days, so I decided to experiment something I looked up on YouTube, she replied.
I kukuma enter my house laughing so hard ehn...I have finally corrupted my iyawo.

I just have to beg her not to touch my tomato seedlings again. grin. Make she no use am disfigure my frontage abeg. Moreover, the tomato seedling she used is a Rio grande variety. I seriously doubt it will do well in that little space, but make I just dey look and appreciate her efforts.

It might perform well ooo
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2020
Deasegun19:

It might perform well ooo

I hope it does. Tried suggesting a bigger container to her but she told me not to touch her tomato grin (Even threatened I no go chop inside grin grin. Something wey never even grow).

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Deasegun19(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2020
jidestroud:

I hope it does. Tried suggesting a bigger container to her but she told me not to touch her tomato grin (Even threatened I no go chop inside grin grin. Something wey never even grow).

choo... she sounds like a lovely person

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
jidestroud:

GOD bless her. I like it when women pick up interest in what their husbands do.

Well done sir. Your progress is highly motivating.

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by adeolabilkis002: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Pls house does anyone know that tomatoes that look like aloe Vera .Where ccan I get the seed.

And can I plant it in sack too
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
ferhyntorlah:

GOD bless her. I like it when women pick up interest in what their husbands do.

Well done sir. Your progress is highly motivating.
Amen & Thanks.

Simply observing her tomato from a distance. Zero input from me biko grin cool. Moreover, why should I? Since she has started to care for her upside down tomato than her bobo
Make Covid do pass make work start abeg, this new found hobby of hers would be long forgotten grin wink

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
adeolabilkis002:
Pls house does anyone know that tomatoes that look like aloe Vera .Where ccan I get the seed.

And can I plant it in sack too
Are you referring to snake tomato??
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Beninwitch: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
Well done Op. God bless the work of your hand. Been following the thread with a different account. I hope your farm house is safe. Pls stay safe.

This question might be funny but can I get good soil to buy in Lagos? I have searched for soil everywhere. I also need cocopeats and nutrients. I saw a thread on twitter where it was mentioned. Thank you so much.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Edojoma(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
jidestroud:
Update

Its been a while I update this space of mine. I have been preoccupied with series of projects and it has all been work work work for me in the agricultural world. Nevertheless, I do drop in once in a while to do a little catching on the dramas playing in the agro-sector of Nairaland.

Bro,,, pls I need help... I av a vegetable farm( ugu to be precise), d land size is 1acre,,, I'm facing real insects n pests infectation dis rainy season... D worst is a particular pest dat perks d uppermost part of d branches n d whole stem starts dying off,, I.m really running at loss here, cos I av lost more dan 300 seedlings... Sometimes it doesn't even allow it to grow up to 7inhces b4 dying off... The effect of d pest manifests in form of wilting,,, d whole stem will just wither away,, I av used attack chemical,, Lara force,, cypeforce n yet no improvement... Pls anyone here should help a brother out with d right chemical to use, cos I'm really depressed..

And also, dere is another pest/insects dat cause folding of leaves... I really need help n enlightenment....

Thanks in anticipation of quick response cos I lose money every 24hrs....

God bless u as u help a brother out..
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Edojoma(m): 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
jidestroud:

Walahi, the matter taya me ooooo!!!
It's a win win for agro section. grin grin
Got the seeds for N1,700 each 5grams.

I also which to go into tomato farming,, but I need a little tutoring n hybrid seedlings dat can withstand south south weather conditions,, and also d planting season and maintenance... Pls help a brother
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by CillabelFarm: 5:09am On Aug 08, 2020
Tomatoes @day 15 in the nursery
������������
Do contact us for your seeds and seedlings. Seedlings available based on pre-order. 0+8+1+4+7+3+8+2+7+8+0

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by CillabelFarm: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2020
Beninwitch:
Well done Op. God bless the work of your hand. Been following the thread with a different account. I hope your farm house is safe. Pls stay safe.

This question might be funny but can I get good soil to buy in Lagos? I have searched for soil everywhere. I also need cocopeats and nutrients. I saw a thread on twitter where it was mentioned. Thank you so much.

Contact me for your cocopeat, we deliver Nationwide 0+8+1+4+7+3+8+2+7+8+0
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by amani337(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Oga jidestroud

My ugu is producing this tiny folded leaves. What's the cause and possible solution?

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
amani337:
Oga jidestroud

My ugu is producing this tiny folded leaves. What's the cause and possible solution?

From the picture sent in, I can see mosaic related issues here (TeMV); small tiny leaves, chlorosis, mottling and stunted growth.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Xlyad(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
amani337:
Oga jidestroud

this could be due to white flies.make sure you water the leaves adequately apart from applying chemicals
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by amani337(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
jidestroud:

From the picture sent in, I can see mosaic related issues here (TeMV); small tiny leaves, chlorosis, mottling and stunted growth.

What can I use to tackle this cry
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Benyfil(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2020
Hello all.
Where can I get good ugwu seeds to buy? I need about 10-20 paints
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2020
Benyfil:
Hello all.
It's freaking expensive at the moment. A paint bucket on my last check sold for 17k.
While I was busy dashing out pods from my farm. cry
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by austinomd(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2020
Hello,
I sell good quality (broad leaves) ugu seeds, whats your location?

Holla @ me let's talk Zero eight one 3+9+2+9+3+5+9+2

Benyfil:
Hello all.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Benyfil(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
jidestroud:

It's freaking expensive at the moment. A paint bucket on my last check sold for 17k.
While I was busy dashing out pods from my farm. cry

You are right, thats why I came here oo. If I could see a very good veriety. Do you know how one can spot a good veriety? I have always relied on my neighour to supply me seeds, but his current price is just too much.

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by jidestroud(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Benyfil:

You are right, thats why I came here oo. If I could see a very good veriety. Do you know how one can spot a good veriety? I have always relied on my neighour to supply me seeds, but his current price is just too much.

Sorry, I can't help. I will advice you wait it out for now or probably go for pH seeeds.
Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Xlyad(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Benyfil:
Hello all.
Good quality seeds are basin,port and calabar in that order. They are costly now. Basin will become cheaper between month end and mid next month.Note: itis far far better to buy costly ugu seeds than bad seeds.

Re: Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) by Benyfil(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
jidestroud:

Sorry, I can't help. I will advice you wait it out for now or probably go for pH seeeds.

Thanks, I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. / Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix