Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,377 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Group Of Girls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Group Of Girls (1576 Views)

19 Real Struggles Of Girls With Big Thighs / 10 Confusing Behaviours Of Girls/Ladies / Problems Of Girls With Big Bosom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Group Of Girls by topup: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2010
I have heard this said many times by different guys that a group of strong and confident women is highly intimidating, it can also be off-putting for a guy who is interested in one of the women in this group because he could feel like she'll go running to all her friends to tell them everything, especially if the women are very outspoken. . not in a crude way.

So what do you think, does this say more about the women in the groups or the men afraid to approach these womene?
Re: The Group Of Girls by finemocha(f): 2:22am On Jan 01, 2010
it speaks more for the guy. as a man u have to be confident and talk to whoever u want to. SPEAKING HONESTLY, WE WILL TELL HER FRIENDS ABOUT IT AND THEN WE WILL DISCUSS YOU, YOUR CLOTHES, YOUR SWAGGAR ETC. so guys need to get over it. just man up and go speak to her.
Re: The Group Of Girls by H2O2: 2:24am On Jan 01, 2010
^^^^^get over what? abegi biko please joh speak for yourself. we don't need no loudmouthed brat who's going to run about town like a parrot, airing her dirty laundry in public.

rawbish mschew angry
Re: The Group Of Girls by finemocha(f): 2:30am On Jan 01, 2010
^^^^^^

y u dey vex now. but it is true. guys should man up and go talk to the babe, dont worry about her friends, or what they wil say
Re: The Group Of Girls by H2O2: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2010
sorry angry . sure i'll talk to the babe but it's also about knowing the limits of what i can tolerate.

happy new year kiss
Re: The Group Of Girls by finemocha(f): 2:39am On Jan 01, 2010
anyway it is good to know all this things. i will need to advice my lil bro accordingly when he is ready to start toasting
Re: The Group Of Girls by H2O2: 2:41am On Jan 01, 2010
you wouldn't need to. boys figure these things out on their own.
it should be a conquest.

can i get a happy new year undecided
Re: The Group Of Girls by LordReed(m): 8:54am On Jan 01, 2010
Unless it's a malicious set of women ain't nothing to it. All they can do is talk rite? The lady in question should be able to judge whether she's receiving gud advice or not.
Re: The Group Of Girls by henryhemon(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2010
From what I make out one of the women in the group will always be out to speak evil about the guy its left for the woman in question to make independent judgement may i add, women are most times jealous of eachother but I should say one should be man enough to make a move n shouldn't care a hoot about what others say about him.
Re: The Group Of Girls by yme1(f): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2010
that depends on the thinking level of the woman and it has gat nothing to do with the group she hangs out with
Re: The Group Of Girls by SisiKill1: 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2010
Girls are talkers, whether they be strong and intimidating or weak and lily livered. They'll talk whether they are lone rangers or in groups. It's up to the guy to decide to what degree he'll let it affect him.
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2010
@post
absolutely nothing to it. in fact, i would say that: to men, this is the perfect setting.

you will get to engage with not one but 3/4 gals at the same time. play the field, see which one catches your eyes. if the guy is fine, each gals will try to outshine each other LOL.
if you give each and every girl in that group some friendly attention without being pushy or flirty then they will all have a positive look(like you as a friend) and therefore you will definitely have the green light the day you decide to focus on one of them. . . . . . . . make them all your friends.

if one of them hate your guts then you will still have a few on your side to back you up thanks to your friendly self towards them.

so men who are afraid to chat up women in groups dont know what they are missing!!!!
Re: The Group Of Girls by ravenzord(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ MrbrownJay: Real talk. . .if you've not decided the lady you want to chat up.

@ OP: A group of girls anywhere is intimidating, it takes a lot of guts for a man to walk up to a group of sophisticated ladies and start a conversation. There's just this 'show me what you've got' look they get, and it gets so hard to remember what you've actually got. Personally if it's a group chat-up I try to do something for the whole group, like buy them drinks,then come over to flirt with the bunch, if I've picked one outta the group,then I walk up to her and say sumn like 'Hi, could we talk',then blank out the other ladies' chatter. . .and it usually works.
Re: The Group Of Girls by 190: 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
Topup so you are among the type of girls that keep friends

No wonder i never tot of approaching u~
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 03, 2010
ravenzord:

@ MrbrownJay: Real talk. . .if you've not decided the lady you want to chat up.

IMHO even if you know from the get go which one you want, you still have to come correct. if you just give one girl out of the group attention and pretend like the friends are invisible then they might turn against you. . . . . . and we all know how chicas listen to each other.

respect the fact that they are together and therefore chit chat with them all before pouncing on the one you desire when the coast is clear.
Re: The Group Of Girls by iice(f): 12:10am On Jan 03, 2010
In a group of girls. . .there is usually a co ckblocker grin
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 03, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

IMHO even if you know from the get go which one you want, you still have to come correct. if you just give one girl out of the group attention and pretend like the friends are invisible then they might turn against you. . . . . . and we all know how chicas listen to each other.

respect the fact that they are together and therefore chit chat with them all before pouncing on the one you desire when the coast is clear.
Aint that the truth cheesy
Re: The Group Of Girls by mamagee3(f): 12:22am On Jan 03, 2010
Where they are a group of girls
Problems are definitely set to occur
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 03, 2010
iice:

In a group of girls. . .there is usually a co ckblocker grin

you are right and, if the guy can safely identify her, she is the first one that a guy should try to smile/chit chat with. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: The Group Of Girls by infobut(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2010
In my opinion noting good can come out in a group of girls . I am speaking from observation .
Re: The Group Of Girls by mecussey(m): 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2010
Hahahaha, Infobut I like you man! but that was rude. I think nature holds a lot, No man would want that kind of women, sometimes they don't appear feminine. Strong and Confident? Nah Nah Nah is she trying to be a rival? Topup how are you? it's been a long time, Happy New resolution
Re: The Group Of Girls by init4dmoni(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
most of the time u need a "wingman"
i never go anywhere important without a friend smiley
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2010
I like it when a guy can walk up to a group of women and talk to them. Or isn't fazed by or insecure around his girl's group. It shows a lot of confidence. That's sexy.
Re: The Group Of Girls by iice(f): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

you are right and, if the guy can safely identify her, she is the first one that a guy should try to smile/chit chat with. . . . . . . . . . .

Exactly, but some men don't pay attention to details (not very observant), so in the end, the end up alienating that chick.

init4dmoni:

most of the time u need a "wingman"
i never go anywhere important without a friend smiley

Also true, makes the job easier grin
Re: The Group Of Girls by oyinda3(f): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
the "pack of girls"or "clique" is definitely intimidating. even for girls and everyone in general to break into. lol

usually the only guys that don't feel intimidated by it are the guys who are trying to test their skills or seeing it as a player's challenge ie mr brown jay's post. I don't think these are the kind of guys your looking for @topup.

but it's generally better (in terms of opportunity for meeting new people, male or female), to hang out with just one or two friends (and spend sometime by yourself too) rather than always going in a big group.
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Won't say guys are intimidated.
They're simply put off.

Breaking into such circle will be difficult.
Lots of women are jealous and envious and will most likely see 1,000 reasons why their GF shouldn't date the man.
Re: The Group Of Girls by tkb417(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
i dont think its about the guys here

any gurl who needs the right guys around her wouldnt roll with a clique- its normal, guys would just steer clear

gurls who flock together usually find it difficult having a guy or tieing down a guy cos of the loads of rubbish that spring from the irrelevant convos
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
How do you connect strong and confident with running to tell her friends everything?
Re: The Group Of Girls by Ben13: 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
The guy needs as much courage and confidence as the women in the group.
Re: The Group Of Girls by Vuitton(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
stillwater:

How do you connect strong and confident with running to tell her friends everything?

Nice point
Re: The Group Of Girls by whitelexi(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
Look at the bigger picture, try killing 10 birds with one stone. . . You fancy one of them, get into their mix, get yourself introduced to all of them, then ask one to excuse u. You not only get to runs your target, u also get acquainted with all of them and since women like confident men, your options multiply even without your knowledge!!
Re: The Group Of Girls by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
oyinda.:

the "pack of girls"or "clique" is definitely intimidating. even for girls and everyone in general to break into. lol

usually the only guys that don't feel intimidated by it are the guys who are trying to test their skills or seeing it as a player's challenge ie mr brown jay's post. I don't think these are the kind of guys your looking for @topup.

but it's generally better (in terms of opportunity for meeting new people, male or female), to hang out with just one or two friends (and spend sometime by yourself too) rather than always going in a big group.

LOL i love this!!!!
Oyinda pls dont misjudge confidence/experience with automatically being a playa.

or should we now judge confident/experienced men as bad?

I have never been afraid of women, in a group or alone. if i am single and see someone that i think i would like to get to know, then i will go for it. . . . . . . . . even if she was with her parents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Am 5'9" And My Husband Is 5'9" Also, Are We Going To Have Short Children? / Should I leave her? / How To Get A Man To Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.