Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (610906 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makarios911: 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
Gud evening boss.
i use a well maintained 07Accord V6. Haven't really had any serious issues so far. However last weekend I drove to asaba from Yenagoa (wit my fam so I neva exceeded 120km/hr), 2 hours into the journey the car jerked 3times while I was doing abt 80km/hr, abt 30mins Lata it jerked again n stopped the steering was stiff n battery lite came on the dash, naturally I thot it was a fan belt issues but wen I opened the bonnet the belt was ok. car came back to life n worked well once I switched it off n back on. I ran a scan later that day wit my "baby scanner" wit no error code. Next day abt 2 hrs on the journey back I experienced same jerk but it didn't stop. I also noticed a small burning smell in the car at some point during the journey, I wudnt hv thot much of it but my wife noticed it too. Car has been behaving well since I got back but I'm worried abt driving out of town. My kazzem has no clue wia to begin troubleshooting from. Pls wot cud be the problem as I'm a "prevention is better than cure" kinda person.
Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
melvin0004:
hello Oga gazzuzzu pls am thinking of buying a Toyota corolla verso 2006 model.kindly advice .is it a gud car for but private n commercial use.....auto nt Manuel

A little bird once said there's an issue with the transmission, but I am yet to confirm. Quote me again tomorrow, and I will do a research. Currently I am under the influence. wink

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
makarios911:
Gud evening boss.
i use a well maintained 07Accord V6. Haven't really had any serious issues so far. However last weekend I drove to asaba from Yenagoa (wit my fam so I neva exceeded 120km/hr), 2 hours into the journey the car jerked 3times while I was doing abt 80km/hr, abt 30mins Lata it jerked again n stopped the steering was stiff n battery lite came on the dash, naturally I thot it was a fan belt issues but wen I opened the bonnet the belt was ok. car came back to life n worked well once I switched it off n back on. I ran a scan later that day wit my "baby scanner" wit no error code. Next day abt 2 hrs on the journey back I experienced same jerk but it didn't stop. I also noticed a small burning smell in the car at some point during the journey, I wudnt hv thot much of it but my wife noticed it too. Car has been behaving well since I got back but I'm worried abt driving out of town. My kazzem has no clue wia to begin troubleshooting from. Pls wot cud be the problem as I'm a "prevention is better than cure" kinda person.
Thanks.

I am reasoning along these lines.

Failing alternator (Should not cause steering stiffness Strike it out)

Yes!! My juju thinks it is the Crank shaft pulley.

Let me explain.

Look at this perfect crank shaft pulley, it is a 2 piece metal material, with rubber in between.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5437836_images6_jpeg1c7fe4593e1cb59a6cc509b04199eb53
Now when it gets old and worn it looks like this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5437848_images7_jpeg3fe0eb64a955bc7956460a036f6d581a

And the metal material in the center spins faster than the outer side.

So it behaves like a failing transmission, plenty rev and no go!

It's just theoretical, please confirm.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makarios911: 9:04am On Jun 04, 2017
Thank you very much. Now that you mentioned it, I remember An incident that happened last October. I was out of town when my wife called me that on her way to the market the steering was stiff n the battery lite was showing on the dash. Called my mechanic immediately to go check it out. He told me later that the fan belt had cut n he also needed to change one of the pulleys the fanbelt rides on as it was badly damaged when the belt cut. I wired him the cash and he fixed it in abt 3hours. My point is dat since there was really no one to monitor him then maybe he bought a "not so Gud pulley". Thanks a lot. I will have it checked out on Monday.

GAZZUZZ:

I am reasoning along these lines.

Failing alternator (Should not cause steering stiffness Strike it out)

Yes!! My juju thinks it is the Crank shaft pulley.

Let me explain.

Look at this perfect crank shaft pulley, it is a 2 piece metal material, with rubber in between.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5437836_images6_jpeg1c7fe4593e1cb59a6cc509b04199eb53
Now when it gets old and worn it looks like this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5437848_images7_jpeg3fe0eb64a955bc7956460a036f6d581a

And the metal material in the center spins faster than the outer side.

So it behaves like a failing transmission, plenty rev and no go!

It's just theoretical, please confirm.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by deking(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
melvin0004:
hello Oga gazzuzzu pls am thinking of buying a Toyota corolla verso 2006 model.kindly advice .is it a gud car for but private n commercial use.....auto nt Manuel

Please stay away from Verso. A friend bought one and has spent close to 500k to fix the gear problem. He eventually had to convert the gear.

I advise you go for matrix instead
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by henryutd(m): 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Thank God I am here.

I have a 2004 Camry. I noticed the temperature is getting above normal after engine replacement. And when it gets above normal, the acceleration rate reduced drastically.
The radiator is filled with waters but the engine is very hot. When the engine is very hot, any attempt to use AC stops the engine and engine run is very low.
Please what may be the cause?
Even before I change this engine, that has been the problem with the car. I hardly use the AC. Once I put it the engine run will come to near zero.
But the major problem now is the overheating.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
henryutd:
Thank God I am here.

I have a 2004 Camry. I noticed the temperature is getting above normal after engine replacement. And when it gets above normal, the acceleration rate reduced drastically.
The radiator is filled with waters but the engine is very hot. When the engine is very hot, any attempt to use AC stops the engine and engine run is very low.
Please what may be the cause?
Even before I change this engine, that has been the problem with the car. I hardly use the AC. Once I put it the engine run will come to near zero.
But the major problem now is the overheating.

Overheating cannot be easily treated remotely unless you are good at DIY.

Are you do it your self compliant?

If answer is no, you need a technician to rule out the many variables that could cause overheating.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oga gazuzz, I recently purchased a Lexus, what routine should the car undergo to be in top shape always. I am an amateur. This is my first car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

If answer is no, you need a technician to rule out the many variables that could cause overheating.
Bros I think I see the issue there.... radiator is filled with plenty water.....haba I use same ride had that issue till I started using coolant. try it first n come back to give feedback

assuming no leak, and both fans come on with ac
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

Bros I think I see the issue there.... radiator is filled with plenty water.....haba I use same ride had that issue till I started using coolant. try it first n come back to give feedback

assuming no leak, and both fans come on with ac

I strongly disagree

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
lymelyte:
Oga gazuzz, I recently purchased a Lexus, what routine should the car undergo to be in top shape always. I am an amateur. This is my first car.

what type of lexus?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what type of lexus?
lexus Es 330 04
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by henryutd(m): 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Okay. I will see one tomorrow.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Joshuabak: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Boss, What do you think of Chevrolet Cruser and how much will it cost?

GAZZUZZ:

remember what I said nah. You bring more options.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Vikkie14: 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Well done Gazzuzz.
I'm considering "pimping" one of my Oldies, a Pegeout 504 that has been in storage for over a year now.
Any help from your Auto shop or betterstill, a recommendation?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by melvin0004(m): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

A little bird once said there's an issue with the transmission, but I am yet to confirm. Quote me again tomorrow, and I will do a research. Currently I am under the influence. wink
tnxs Oga GAZZUZZ
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by melvin0004(m): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
deking:

Please stay away from Verso. A friend bought one and has spent close to 500k to fix the gear problem. He eventually had to convert the gear.

I advise you go for matrix instead
tnxs.wot abt Honda civic from 2006-2008 models
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Vikkie14:
Well done Gazzuzz.
I'm considering "pimping" one of my Oldies, a Pegeout 504 that has been in storage for over a year now.

brings back really old memories.

What do you want done?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by cyborg123(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2017
Vikkie14:
Well done Gazzuzz.
With permission from oga gazzuzz, can you open a thread garnished with present pics of the 04, what exactly you want done and your budget?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40am On Jun 05, 2017
cyborg123:

With permission from oga gazzuzz, can you open a thread garnished with present pics of the 04, what exactly you want done and your budget?

2nded
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ukata16(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2017
ukata16:
My oga. I drive a Honda Accord 98 4cyl.with over 200k milage i'v been using Honda engine oil for servicing but I started noticing engine oil shortage with no leakage anywhere.
You once said something about recommending a particular type of engine oil for cars with over 200k millage. Please can you tell me that to use
Thanks
Please boss, need your input
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
ukata16:

Please boss, need your input

Your car is a 1998, switch back to mineral oil 20w50.

One of the good brands I know of is CEPSA
Pic below.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seunoj: 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Your car is a 1998, switch back to mineral oil 20w50.
One of the good brands I know of is CEPSA Pic below.
Boss? why cepsa and not Mobil or total?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
seunoj:

Boss?
why cepsa and not Mobil or total?

this is currently retailing at 7,000per gallon, and guess what? It is still selling. Product quality is my reason for sticking with this brand.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by willyede(m): 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hi boss,
Please what car will you recommend with a budget of 600 to 700k for a family of four father 5'11 , mother 4'10 a daughter and a 3. Weeks old baby
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
willyede:
Hi boss,
Please what car will you recommend with a budget of 600 to 700k for a family of four father 5'11 , mother 4'10 a daughter and a 3. Weeks old baby

Manual or automatic transmission? What type of terrain will you ply?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
oga gazzuzz, you didn't reply me again?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by odiereke(m): 3:10am On Jun 06, 2017
Oga Gazzuz sir,
I av a Lexus GS300 2000 model, I recently changed my radiator to double cell. But unfortunately, water from the radiator mixed with the transmission oil in the gear twice after the radiator was bought and from Ladipo.
Now whenever the engine is hot or running the gear selection is not right anymore.
What do I need to do to correct the abnormalities sir?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Jun 06, 2017
odiereke:
Oga Gazzuz sir,
I av a Lexus GS300 2000 model, I recently changed my radiator to double cell. But unfortunately, water from the radiator mixed with the transmission oil in the gear twice after the radiator was bought and from Ladipo.
Now whenever the engine is hot or running the gear selection is not right anymore.
What do I need to do to correct the abnormalities sir?

Stop buying tokumbor radiators.

Flush Transmission as many times as possible. valve body might be contaminated
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ukata16(m): 7:34am On Jun 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this is currently retailing at 7,000per gallon, and guess what? It is still selling. Product quality is my reason for sticking with this brand.
Thanks so much, please where can I get it in Lagos cos truth,iv never seen this product before.
Also boss, how many litres do I need for servicing? Engine is 2.3
Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by willyede(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Manual or automatic transmission? What type of terrain will you ply?
Automatic and its Abuja road office to House karu to Utako and once in a while hanging out in Abuja with my family.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by IdeyVex1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
Chief Gazzuzz, since you don't have time to respond to my email, let me bring the matter here:

4 months ago, I got a Nigerian used Mazda MPV and I have these issues:

1. Once the fuel in the tank goes below half tank, the vehicle begins to jerk. It becomes worse the more you accelerate. I took the car on a journey once and whenever I use A/C in traffic, the car jerks irrespective of the level of fuel in the tank. Sometimes, the only solution is to stop, turn of the engine for a few minutes and then when I move, it runs like new.

2. I have had a recurring suspension problem. I have replaced lower arms, stabilizer linkages, bushings etc and the noise persists. If I take it to my local mechanic and he plays around, the noise stops for maybe a day or two and then resurfaces thereafter. I am tired of expending money on the suspension. Now they are asking me to buy new shock-absorbers for 20k but I am seriously skeptical. All I have spent on the car before now did not yield any good results

3. At speeds above 50kmph, I hear a humming sound from the left front wheel which increases in sound as the speed of the vehicle increases. My tires are new so it cannot be tires. The Mechanic says I need a new hub at 18k and I don't want to spend that cash except I am sure I am getting value for money.

There, those are the issues. How can you help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.