Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (609747 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by henryutd(m): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello Sir
My toyota corolla 2010 automatic started popping out of transmission during motion. Work was done on it before and it stopped but it has started again. The technicians refused to tell me exactly what he did.

But I noticed the acceleration was not smooth like before after it changes from gear 1 to 2. The gear 2 viberates during motion as if you are using a lower gear.

Presently I can only use it when driving slowly on the street but can't speed up with it.
Any attempt to speed up will disengage the gear though it is on Drive. It will be firing without moving.
Good for street but bad for expressway.

What could be the problem?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
donbaly:

Thanks Gazzuzz for your response. Please do you have an idea of the current price of a 2007 Toyota Camry SE 2.4L engine, 13-pin automatic transmission?

₦250,000 with I beg and their mechanic must install for you if you want 1min warranty.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
henryutd:
Hello Sir
My toyota corolla 2010 automatic started popping out of transmission during motion. Work was done on it before and it stopped but it has started again. The technicians refused to tell me exactly what he did.

But I noticed the acceleration was not smooth like before after it changes from gear 1 to 2. The gear 2 viberates during motion as if you are using a lower gear.

Presently I can only use it when driving slowly on the street but can't speed up with it.
Any attempt to speed up will disengage the gear though it is on Drive. It will be firing without moving.
Good for street but bad for expressway.

What could be the problem?

Transmission is grinding to a halt. Last time they washed the strainer filter and it worked for a while. Replace the gear as the filter cannot cope with the amount of contamination it is getting .
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by henryutd(m): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Transmission is grinding to a halt. Last time they washed the strainer filter and it worked for a while. Replace the gear as the filter cannot cope with the amount of contamination it is getting .

The technician told me that he changed the gear brain box during that time. And I spent much for nothing.
Any idea of the cost of replacement?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
henryutd:

The technician told me that he changed the gear brain box during that time. And I spent much for nothing.

E replace valve body or trans filter. Transmission is going bad, replace it.

Cost of replacement transmission depends on location of your vehicle.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
henryutd:

over ₦200,000
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by donbaly: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

₦250,000 with I beg and their mechanic must install for you if you want 1min warranty.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Jacobs91(m): 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good day to you sir, what is the cost of replacing a toyota matrix 2005's engine?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Davidonkonsults: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hi Gazzuzz. My camry 2009 keeps making a whistling noise when I use the brakes. Mechanic keeps saying there's no issue but I am sceptical.
Also when I enter bumps, dashboard shows hood open. Later it disappears. Please advise.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrJames007: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by blueblood1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Dear Gazzuzz, trust you're good.
Please for car models suitable for Uber/Bolt, which brands and model will you recommend, aside Corolla. 3 most important considerations: cost, fuel economy, and ruggedness of the car.
Corolla seem so expensive, if I wait to get one, I might never start the business.
Thank you
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrJames007: 7:40am On Feb 14, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
Hi Gazzuzz. My camry 2009 keeps making a whistling noise when I use the brakes. Mechanic keeps saying there's no issue but I am sceptical.
Also when I enter bumps, dashboard shows hood open. Later it disappears. Please advise.
Actually, your mech is right. Some 4 chop u for dat small issue.
Check if your brake rotors/disks are ok. If they are, replace the brake pads with quality ones .... you won't hear pim when you match brake.

As for the bonnet .... e be like the switch don dey go. Get them to check the hood switch.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by drmuchin: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2021
Davidonkonsults:

Might be non returning brake caliper. happened to me once until I fixed it with 500 Naira
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by donclark(m): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hello Gazzuzz!

I got my 2005 Rx 330 last year...I have had several issues that has been tackled but the before I give a timeline, here's the current issue, a check engine light and VSC, last I scanned it showed a code I can't remember but the right was something like Knock Sensor Circuit High Input on bank 1 and another code that says Knock Sensor Circuit High Input on bank 2.

My electrician had previously changed the knock sensor the previous day (i didn't bother checking the code then) so when the check engine light returned, I went back and these were the error. He took off the sensors and said one of the new ones he fixed is bad so he brought another one, read it and fixed both again but the check engine light returned after a few miles. What could be the issue?

Now here's a timeline of my fix:

When I got the car, after sometime, I realised the car was struggling to accelerate or delays in changing gears due to this. Also, the car heats up alot and I was told it was cos the catalyst was blocked...ran a scan and it was catalyst issue, I took off both catalyst giving issues (the one under and the middle one) then I added spacers to all the oxygen sensors.

My car felt good again and check engine left, but after sometime, it returned back, and before I could get to my mechanic, my car stopped on the road and I realised it overheated..how come? I was shocked..started it again and managed to drive to a safe place, it turned off again and I waited for it to cool, a mechanic came and assisted in putting water the right way after over 30mins. The fan was good, I top up water like 2-3 days ago so I was shocked.

When I got to my electrician, it says no coolant, we topped up coolant and error was cleared....after some time, the light returned again and i realised car was beginning to delay a bit before accelerating. In between all these, I also noticed my AC would stop cooling and after turning it off for sometime, it begins to cool again. (This has also happened before removing catalyst).

I went to scan again and this time was when the knock sensor errors came up. So we've changed knock sensors and the check engine is back again.

Another thing I noticed again was before I removed catalyst, I had noticed my engine oil dropped low beyond both guages on the dip stick (this lasted for about 3000miles) so I felt that was fare and serviced the car with Mobil 1 in around 2nd-3rd week of Jan..(previously oil used was normal oil by ignorant Mechanics). Now less than a month later, I checked my dip stick today and the oil is just by the second gauge as if half of my oil had dried up.

I am wondering if all these are connected and what could be the problem?

NB: I checked under the car and around the engine and filter, there's no leakage. I also turned my car on, left it steaming for around 30mins and fired it, little too no smoke came off the exhaust that looked colourless (not sure about that but its as if no smoke came out the exhaust.

Please read carefully and help me understand whats wrong and what could be the fix. Thanks!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by eniobanke101(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
@sir gazzuz...is hyduani Elantra 2008 -2013 a very reliable and easy to maintain car and which year can you recommend ...thanks and happy valentine
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
donclark:
Hello Gazzuzz!

I got my 2005 Rx 330 last year...I have had several issues that has been tackled but the before I give a timeline, here's the current issue, a check engine light and VSC, last I scanned it showed a code I can't remember but the right was something like Knock Sensor Circuit High Input on bank 1 and another code that says Knock Sensor Circuit High Input on bank 2.

My electrician had previously changed the knock sensor the previous day (i didn't bother checking the code then) so when the check engine light returned, I went back and these were the error. He took off the sensors and said one of the new ones he fixed is bad so he brought another one, read it and fixed both again but the check engine light returned after a few miles. What could be the issue?

Now here's a timeline of my fix:

When I got the car, after sometime, I realised the car was struggling to accelerate or delays in changing gears due to this. Also, the car heats up alot and I was told it was cos the catalyst was blocked...ran a scan and it was catalyst issue, I took off both catalyst giving issues (the one under and the middle one) then I added spacers to all the oxygen sensors.

My car felt good again and check engine left, but after sometime, it returned back, and before I could get to my mechanic, my car stopped on the road and I realised it overheated..how come? I was shocked..started it again and managed to drive to a safe place, it turned off again and I waited for it to cool, a mechanic came and assisted in putting water the right way after over 30mins. The fan was good, I top up water like 2-3 days ago so I was shocked.

When I got to my electrician, it says no coolant, we topped up coolant and error was cleared....after some time, the light returned again and i realised car was beginning to delay a bit before accelerating. In between all these, I also noticed my AC would stop cooling and after turning it off for sometime, it begins to cool again. (This has also happened before removing catalyst).

I went to scan again and this time was when the knock sensor errors came up. So we've changed knock sensors and the check engine is back again.

Another thing I noticed again was before I removed catalyst, I had noticed my engine oil dropped low beyond both guages on the dip stick (this lasted for about 3000miles) so I felt that was fare and serviced the car with Mobil 1 in around 2nd-3rd week of Jan..(previously oil used was normal oil by ignorant Mechanics). Now less than a month later, I checked my dip stick today and the oil is just by the second gauge as if half of my oil had dried up.

I am wondering if all these are connected and what could be the problem?

NB: I checked under the car and around the engine and filter, there's no leakage. I also turned my car on, left it steaming for around 30mins and fired it, little too no smoke came off the exhaust that looked colourless (not sure about that but its as if no smoke came out the exhaust.

Please read carefully and help me understand whats wrong and what could be the fix. Thanks!

Your location pls?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Feb 15, 2021
Jacobs91:
Good day to you sir, what is the cost of replacing a toyota matrix 2005's engine?

The regular 1zz-fe will set you back about ₦300,000 for a full package
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bowals11: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2021
I have an issue with my honda civic 2007 lx model. The car drives well, then after a while, the car stops accelerating. Doesnt go past 30mph speed. The check engine light comes on and the error code is P0606. If I disconnect the positive battery terminal for 20 seconds, the error code disappears and the car would drive fine until it happens again.

What can I do and how do i fix the problem?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bowals11: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
Free consultation on car Fixes and car purchases

Just ask, and I'll give you my candid unbiased advice here on autos.

I have an issue with my honda civic 2007 lx model. The car drives well, then after a while, the car stops accelerating. Doesnt go past 30mph speed. The check engine light comes on and the error code is P0606. If I disconnect the positive battery terminal for 20 seconds, the error code disappears and the car would drive fine until it happens again.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2021
bowals11:

The car is telling you there is a problem, but is not specific to what the issue is.

I device causing a power surge is the most likely culprit , or an outrightly defective engine ecu.

If I was to diagnose this vehicle I would disconnect or non essential components that derive a lot of power from the engine ecu.

Starting with the 02sensors.

Have them disconnected and drive to see if the problem pops up again . If it does not, check the connectors / connections and the devices
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by arcbaba: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hi boss, my corolla 2005 LE shows this error code on my Bluetooth scanner. Please what is the possible solution? Thanks in anticipation. The car drives fine though

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrJames007: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
arcbaba:
Hi boss, my corolla 2005 LE shows this error code on my Bluetooth scanner. Please what is the possible solution? Thanks in anticipation. The car drives fine though
Your O2 sensor is the cause of that code.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adeinfinit(m): 7:22am On Feb 16, 2021
adeinfinit:
Happy Sunday all.

These codes keep reappearing on my Honda Civic 07

P0137- o2 sensor circuit low voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P2422- Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve stuck closed
P1129- Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor value more than expected

What do I need to fix to get them permanently cleared?

Please, I still need help with this.

Also, I drove the car out of lagos for the first time on Sunday and noticed my steering shakes at 100km/h and the car stalls when shifting gear, like its shifting with force.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by cessna150(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2021
Please what is the recommend coolant for c300 2011?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sunnp(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2021
Good morning to all gurus in the house

Pls my (corolla 07) mpg gauge keep going up and down and cuz misfire then pick up again

Pls whats the solution @GAZZUZZ
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seanfer(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2021
drmuchin:

Might be non returning brake caliper. happened to me once until I fixed it with 500 Naira

Did you fix this in PH? Please contact of the mech
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dru23(m): 11:56am On Feb 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
Free consultation on car Fixes and car purchases

Just ask, and I'll give you my candid unbiased advice here on autos.

Sir my new 2025 Rolls Royce does not go more than 50mph.. Anytime I reach up to 50mph .. A warning sign comes up and the car slows down.......

I spoke to my billionaire friend on banana island , he stated his rolls Royce did the same thing and he had to ship back to the dealership in the UK to get the brainbox reprogram..

Sir money is tight for me now , do u know anyone or can u help me fix the issue.. Or if you have a better alternative sir... Your help will be greatly appreciated..

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by drmuchin: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2021
seanfer:

Did you fix this in PH? Please contact of the mech
send me an email so I can forward you the number
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by A305: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
dru23:

Sir my new 2025 Rolls Royce does not go more than 50mph.. Anytime I reach up to 50mph .. A warning sign comes up and the car slows down.......

I spoke to my billionaire friend on banana island , he stated his rolls Royce did the same thing and he had to ship back to the dealership in the UK to get the brainbox reprogram..

Sir money is tight for me now , do u know anyone or can u help me fix the issue.. Or if you have a better alternative sir... Your help will be greatly appreciated..
Hahahahahahahah

Oga Dru the troll. Funny story bro.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Aqib09: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hi chief Gazzuzz and everyone.
I ran a scan on my car, corolla 2009, with CEL, and worsening fuel economy (now below 15mpg) .
This is what i got sir.
I can't get a new cat now. What are my options?

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seanfer(m): 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
drmuchin:

send me an email so I can forward you the number

please follow back so i can send the mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.