Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (609732 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by demborise: 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
I just service my highlander 2005 today and still write maint service. I think it suppose remove immediately I serviced it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 12:34am On Oct 19, 2021
demborise:
I just service my highlander 2005 today and still write maint service. I think it suppose remove immediately I serviced it

You did not reset the oil maintenance reminder system
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrEnigma(m): 2:12am On Oct 19, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

first you have to understand your engine. A 2005 Camry would be nearly 200-250,000miles.

Oil burn would have set in.

Start by buying what would make sense long term (forget what the books say)

5w30 full mineral oil for 3000 miles let's see how the engine handles oil burn.

Good day Chief. So I've religiously used a 5w30 oil since then but the oil burn - which tends to occur 3weeks after oil change- hasn't stopped. I've been asked to switch to Mobile xhp instead. Is that wise?

It's a 2005 Toyota Camry used for e-hailing.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33am On Oct 19, 2021
MrEnigma:

Good day Chief. So I've religiously used a 5w30 oil since then but the oil burn - which tends to occur 3weeks after oil change- hasn't stopped. I've been asked to switch to Mobile xhp instead. Is that wise?

It's a 2005 Toyota Camry used for e-hailing.

All way nah way. 2,500 miles maximum for oil changes and you should be ok

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CjEmmar(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Good afternoon house,

I have a 2004 Honda Accord v4, I have noticed that when about to change to the second gear, it jerks. I bought naija used back in March this year.

Because of this jerking, I accelerate soft and once it enter gear 2, I accelerate hard, and it won't jerk if I accelerate soft

The gear selection is fine, it doesn't slip to neutral or does anything funny, only the jerking.

Also note that the jerking can occur maybe 2-4 time in a day. And sometimes it doesn't jerk at all.

I recently replaced the old engine to a tokunbo engine late last month when the engine was smoking and consuming oil. The mechanic that works on the car said the engine is gone.

After the engine change, for like 2 weeks I didn't experience any jerk but recently I have started noticing the jerk when about to enter gear 2.

I also noticed that the way it jerks with the new engine is mild and not hard compared to when I was using my former engine.

I use the recommended ATF oil for honda because the former owner doesn't and I have serviced the gear once.

Also, I checked the gear oil this morning and it is well gauged.

Kindly assist please.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Philadelphia: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2021
CjEmmar:
Good afternoon house,

I have a 2004 Honda Accord v4, I have noticed that when about to change to the second gear, it jerks. I bought naija used back in March this year.

Because of this jerking, I accelerate soft and once it enter gear 2, I accelerate hard, and it won't jerk if I accelerate soft

The gear selection is fine, it doesn't slip to neutral or does anything funny, only the jerking.

Also note that the jerking can occur maybe 2-4 time in a day. And sometimes it doesn't jerk at all.

I recently replaced the old engine to a tokunbo engine late last month when the engine was smoking and consuming oil. The mechanic that works on the car said the engine is gone.

After the engine change, for like 2 weeks I didn't experience any jerk but recently I have started noticing the jerk when about to enter gear 2.

I also noticed that the way it jerks with the new engine is mild and not hard compared to when I was using my former engine.

I use the recommended ATF oil for honda because the former owner doesn't and I have serviced the gear once.

Also, I checked the gear oil this morning and it is well gauged.

Kindly assist please.

I’m guessing with this jerking, you’re “Check Engine Light” is on.

You may need to scan and post codes here.
However, it may be your camshaft.
I experienced this some years back.
Have your camshaft serviced. If the camshaft sensor is not bad, then servicing your camshaft should fix the jerking.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Jerrysmallz: 1:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Toyota Corolla cross. Toyota got this right.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Thurmieee: 5:41am On Oct 23, 2021
Please I need a mechanic with scanner to help with buying a car.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54am On Oct 23, 2021
Thurmieee:
Please I need a mechanic with scanner to help with buying a car.

Terms and conditions apply

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Stkingsley(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2021
Bro, I have this Kia Sorento 2005. I just registered it for Bolt. But I noticed it consumes fuel very abnormally. Like going to Lekki from Isolo, I will get N3k fuel and mist buy another 2k fuel before I get back to isolo. Same thing goes if I am going to Ikeja.

What can I do to fix this problem? Good morning
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by chloride6: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Stkingsley:
Bro, I have this Kia Sorento 2005. I just registered it for Bolt. But I noticed it consumes fuel very abnormally. Like going to Lekki from Isolo, I will get N3k fuel and mist buy another 2k fuel before I get back to isolo. Same thing goes if I am going to Ikeja.

Scan and post code..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Dhejy7: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Stkingsley:

That car is not the ideal tool for that job. it comes with a 3.5L V6 engine, with a fuel consumption 13mpg city/ 18mpg highway.
That's twice the fuel consumption of a corolla of same year

you can fix the underlying issues but you won't be getting the expected return on investment
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dapotemi: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace fuel pump assy

Baba, i have the same problem with my corrolla, pls what is the local name for this, my baba lati wont understand fuel pump assy o
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Itsrm(m): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
dapotemi:

Baba, i have the same problem with my corrolla, pls what is the local name for this, my baba lati wont understand fuel pump assy o

Show him the picture na
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dahflemzy(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2021
Good morning boss gazzuzz and others
I wanted to go out this morning and when I turned on my car, it started normally
All of a sudden when it was in motion, it turned off and has refused to turn on
All attempts proved negative.
But I noticed this light was on the dashboard
Any idea what it might mean sir
And pls, what should I do?

1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by flez09: 8:44am On Oct 26, 2021
Good day Boss,
I've got a foreign used 2011 Toyota Camry that just arrived from USA. Fully serviced and every morning whenever the car is turned on, it makes a knocking sound for about 2 secs and the engine sound returns to normal and doesn't make the sound again till a day or 2 later during its first start for the day. What could be the cause please.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Techsturvs(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2021
dahflemzy:
I wanted to go out this morning and when I turned on my car, it started normally

The light na Low oil pressure. Oil pump gone bad or oil don dry Abi e don leak finish.

If you're in luck, your engine fit never knock else e don kpakam
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2021
dahflemzy:

Engine gone....
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Techsturvs(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2021
flez09:
Good day Boss,
I've got a foreign used 2011 Toyota Camry that just arrived from USA. Fully serviced and every morning whenever the car is turned on, it makes a knocking sound for about 2 secs and the engine sound returns to normal and doesn't make the sound again till a day or 2 later during its first start for the day. What could be the cause please.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/341#105952883

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dahflemzy(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Techsturvs:

The light na Low oil pressure. Oil pump gone bad or oil don dry Abi e don leak finish.

If you're in luck, your engine fit never knock else e don kpakam
The car just off Ni and he no start again..all dashboard lights dey on. car was still okay and sounded normal when I took it out two days ago.
Are you talking of engine oil cos I checked and it's still there. I was even thinking of draining and replacing the engine oil
See pix below

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Techsturvs(m): 11:34am On Oct 26, 2021
dahflemzy:

The car just off Ni and he no start again..all dashboard lights dey on. car was still okay and sounded normal when I took it out two days ago.
Are you talking of engine oil cos I checked and it's still there. I was even thinking of draining and replacing the engine oil
See pix below

Drop your pan to be sure you have oil and get the pump checked.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Cope1(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Good morning house, I'll like to know if it's advisable to fix the airbag of a car that was involved in an accident.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
dahflemzy:

Do not despair.

First thing have the engine turned with a spanner via the belt pulley.

If it turns you are fine. If it does not, call me I have all the parts for your engine .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
dahflemzy:

See pix below

Possibly the starter motor, aka kick starter.

Have it checked.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Techsturvs:

Drop your pan to be sure you have oil and get the pump checked.

Kindly ignore this for now

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by fantastique4: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good evening boss gazzuz.
Corolla 2009/10 vs corolla 2011/12 for private use and ehailing.
Pls advise based on ruggedness
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
fantastique4:
Good evening boss gazzuz.
Corolla 2009/10 vs corolla 2011/12 for private use and ehailing.
Pls advise based on ruggedness

Same car, different prices. Your pocket will decide.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Philadelphia: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
Cope1:
Good morning house, I'll like to know if it's advisable to fix the airbag of a car that was involved in an accident.

Are you really serious with this question? undecided
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dahflemzy(m): 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
Thanks boss. I did this and it turned. Then I called an engineer to come check the car
He said it's the fuel pump but I'm having 2nd thoughts as the car was perfectly working before it just turned off
How accurate is he sir
GAZZUZZ:

Do not despair.

First thing have the engine turned with a spanner via the belt pulley.

If it turns you are fine. If it does not, call me I have all the parts for your engine .

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Cope1:
I'd never buy or drive a car without a functional primary and Secondary Restraint Safety (SRS) System (pretentioner belt and SRS airbag inclusive). Owning or driving a car without Airbag is akin to playing Russian Roulette or kissing a king cobra on its forehead.
You sef know how e go end if e go wrong. angry angry

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On Oct 27, 2021
dahflemzy:
Thanks boss. I did this and it turned. Then I called an engineer to come check the car
He said it's the fuel pump but I'm having 2nd thoughts as the car was perfectly working before it just turned off
How accurate is he sir

Detailed description of your current car issues will go a long way to responding
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Jollos(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Greetings to our oga @gazzuz. Pls my pathfinder 2004 will not do more than 120km/h-130km/h. Anything above that the car will just slow down and pick again at 110 back to 120. And another thing I noticed is, the car pick steadily u can't fire from rest at once it will jerk

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.