Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? (21023 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by mcfarlin(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
ufumes:
This is really a controversial discussion
It isn't... it's not proper for a Christian to pray against his/her supposed enemy

Christians are supposed to be christ-like.following the doctrine of the messiah.

The book of romans shows clearly the distinction between the old and new testament.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by martineverest(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
T[color=#990000][/color]"...... Forgive us as we forgive those who trespass against us"

It's conditional..... And it's important
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by nicolosam(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
We are in the era of Grace and it is a privilege to have such favour from Jehovah.
why pray for the destruction of ur enemy when our Saviour, Jesus Christ has instructed us to even love our enemies than our friends.
under the covenant of Promise, John 3 vs 16 has ultimately answered the question. Once u believe in Jesus Christ, everlasting life is assured and such person shall not perish because "He is the Truth, the Way and Life.
Pray for ur enemies to have a rebirth of Truth and call on the Holy Ghost fire to fortify u against the arrows of enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
Thank God You called them Enemies.. Case Closed.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Matthew 3:11

the Holy Ghost and fire are two different things entirely.. the Holy Ghost is the spirit of God and fire is a symbol of the spirit just as the dove was seen on Jesus after baptism by John the Baptist..
now to the question::: the Holy Ghost fire prayer isn't biblical in a Normal context,but using it to pray in spiritual warfare is a matter of choice because demons only obey higher authority with fire brand prayers..Elijah calling fire down onto the soldiers was furious and angry but he later soft pedal when God told him to follow the captain to see the King.. my final take is that praying in spirit will give you victory over any demonic powers...
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
themonk:

What does saying something is unbiblical got to do with atheism in this context?
What has an atheist got to do with the bible? they don't believed in God remember, so they shouldn't quote the bible unnecessarily.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Terrence15115: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
If you have felt fire from enemies, you wont have time to ask this question
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by baines3(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
Do u know d enemies dey r praying for is not a physical enemy dat we see. The prayers r for unseen enemies dat we don't see witches, wizard. Am proud to b a member of d church dat is using fire to scatter d coven of d witches

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
kropotkin2:
Pentecostal Christians and their crap. I've never heard of one single report where the Holy Ghost sent fire to consume anyone
Spiritual Fire!!
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
kuzi1:
Very often than none we hear many churches while praying against the enemies scream, "Holy Ghost...Fire!!!". My questions are these:
1. Can we ascribe what is Holy to destruction?
2. Why then do the believers sing "Holy Ghost fire, fire fall on me"?
3. Does the Holy Ghost do both the destructive work and the constructive work at the same time?
Pls I need clarification with Bible reference.

So much confusion in religion. Christians do not even know the nature of their God that they worship.

Now she wants clarification using Bible Reference when that religion itself do not have the answers and the Bible was interpreted in such a mundane way that it does not make sense.

If you want True answers to your questions then remove the caveat that answers must be from Bible. If you are ready to accept answers from Quantum and Digital Physics, I can give you straight answers that will give you multiple orgasms in your soul.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by martineverest(m): 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
Aremu01:

God bless you for this.... ASK ELIJAH, that no nonsense prophet of God.
@op, didn't God himself send the fire

Don't forget that it's written..... God himself is a consuming fire.....
And the Bible says let God arise and let HIS enemies be scattered.....
If God himself wants HIS enemies scattered, is there sense in you playing the good guy with your own enemies?? ?

there is a difference BTW old and new testament

REFINEMENT is the word

Elijah is nothing to Jesus

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
The way so called christians twist the Bible is what makes atheist make fun of us. I'm reading all the above comments and I can't help but wonder if people read at all or meditate on what they read.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by VUVUZELA10: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
Seun:
It's unbiblical:
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?" Matthew 5:43-48.

Thanks for your beautiful submission. Above should be read together with Psalm 23: 5
It is important that we allow the holiness of bible to dwell in us.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
ChikaMaLaKai:
Spiritual Fire!!
Taah. Doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by HRich(m): 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chascop:

Did bible give you prayer point?

Holy Ghost fire is biblical. Ask Elijah...

Psalm 11:6 says ; Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
(2 Kings 2 vs 10)

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by themonk(m): 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
ToriBlue:
What has an atheist got to do with the bible? they don't believed in God remember, so they shouldn't quote the bible unnecessarily.
You have left what I asked you to answer something else. You said "I thought you are an atheist like atheists shouldn't say something is not biblical. It's just a statement of fact bae, saying something is unbiblical doesn't make you a bit religious.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Billyonaire:

So much confusion in religion. Christians do not even know the nature of their God that they worship.

Now she wants clarification using Bible Reference when that religion itself do not have the answers and the Bible was interpreted in such a mundane way that it does not make sense.

If you want True answers to your questions then remove the caveat that answers must be from Bible. If you are ready to accept answers from Quantum and Digital Physics, I can give you straight answers that will give you multiple orgasms in your soul.
I'm waiting for ur answers
meanwhile Can you travel to the higher astral protection and get me football correct scores?
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by realestniggah: 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
kropotkin2:
Pentecostal Christians and their crap. I've never heard of one single report where the Holy Ghost sent fire to consume anyone

Blame nollywood for projecting such bullshit
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
kropotkin2:
Taah. Doesn't exist
Oya na Try and Be an Enemy(Spirtual) of a Strong Christian...I am nt sure if You will be alive to tell ur tale.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by johntaiwo123(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
yes
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
The bibke is clear.... Love your enemies. Feed them, cloth them not kill them. Pray for them, always conquer the evil with good. It is God's personal decision, emphasis on personal, to determine whom he destroys by fire. The one you call am enemies could be on his or her way to salutation. Just imagine if the Christian congregation prayed for holy ghost fire to kill Saul before he became Paul.

And BTW holy spirit doesn't kill. It's God's force to accomplish good things. I just dey pity these church goers. They don't read nor meditate. They only belive what they are told. Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Blackfire(m): 9:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
My enemies are the ones that tells me the truth indirectly through there wickedness.. Why will I want them dead.

...and he prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies... I tell u there is no punishment more heartbreaking to an enemies more than this.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by japhethGold: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yes because the bible says that suffer not the witch to live.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
ChikaMaLaKai:
Oya na Try and Be an Enemy(Spirtual) of a Strong Christian...I am nt sure if You will be alive to tell ur tale.
Trash. Why don't you ask the Holy Spirit to send fire to consume me or better still you can ask your pastor to do so.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Jonex123465: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yes its allow to use holy ghost to fight your enemy. When bible say pray for your enemy it was not refering to house hold enemy or those who do wish you untimely death because of your glory. Bible was actually talking about enemy of christianity who hate you because you are christian out of ingnorance or their believe. Example people like saul that later became paul when he was killing christians thinking he was doing God works then. Those are the enemies bible says you should pray for so they can know the truth. You can use holy spirit for good and negative prayer against your household enemy. But this is how to use it...when u need holy spirit to help or direct your way that is when u call it holy spirit which stand for the comforter. When u need it to fight enemy then u call it holy ghost fire,thunder or anything u feel like.. The bible is not against it..
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
kropotkin2:
Trash. Why don't you ask the Holy Spirit to send fire to consume me or better still you can ask your pastor to do so.
It Doesn't Work That way
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Adeyeye09(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Seun:
It's unbiblical:
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?" Matthew 5:43-48.

so i should keep patting my enemy on the head while he plots to kill me. Haven't u heard where the bible told us to suffer not the witch to leave. Exodus 22:18. The kingdom of God also sufferreth violence and the violent taketh it by force. matt 11:12. The enemy u fight is not a gentle person and if u keep quiet, he will finish u.
Also, the thing about those prayers is that God may not kill those people immediately buh it is their refusal to desist that brings the wrath of God upon them....that why His mercies endureth forever.
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by anyebedgreat: 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
kuzi1:
Very often than none we hear many churches while praying against the enemies scream, "Holy Ghost...Fire!!!". My questions are these:
1. Can we ascribe what is Holy to destruction?
2. Why then do the believers sing "Holy Ghost fire, fire fall on me"?
3. Does the Holy Ghost do both the destructive work and the constructive work at the same time?
Pls I need clarification with Bible reference.
Christians are followers of Christ. Would christ call down fire upon his enemies? No no no
Those calling fire should go and worship Sango, so everyone knows where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by Willzkid(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Luke 9:53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54
And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" 55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them." And they went to another village.

4 Likes

Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by nwakaibeya1: 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
I live in the LIGHT that no human being living or dead can confront or conquer the world over & it's important that those who are interested ask for this LIGHT ? I am talking about the same LIGHT JESUS CHRIST DECLARED AND SAID I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD and I have the UNBELIEVABLE POWER and authority of JESUS CHRIST to share it to the whole world,to those who agree because even when JESUS CHRIST came before he had a condition for those who need his LIGHT and he said come to me all ye that are tired of carrying heavy evil loads, it means that you must be tired of your evil loads before he can save you and it means his saving is not for everyone and dont forget that very many people also claimed to know GOD more than Jesus Christ in Bible time, same as many people are claiming to know JesusChrist more than me in this generation and remember that Jesus Christ also chased people away especially disciples in John 6,60-68 ,so we know very well that the descendants of those disciples JESUS chased away then are the people who balance this days and say come and see Jesus Christ through us,even performing so called signs and wonders using Jesus Christ name because we are yet to see and hear any prayers in DEVIL NAME but no matter who any one claims to be. It's only at night that we know who is who, evil or good, There are no pretenses at night everyone is naked at night AND don't forget our hallmark. Power talks not empty critics # Kingdom of JESUS CHRIST has comeback to revenge and judge people of the world and why not you investigate this unbelievable truth and revelation if you have the means as we have authorized? Mathew 13,13-14
Re: Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? by baines3(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
You guys are getting it wrong.... Is not our physical enemy that will see everyday but unseen enemies from our fathers, mothers house, our environment, witches & wizard that operate in a coven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" / What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? / Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.