|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,423,359 members, 5,437,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 12:52 PM
|21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by importexpert(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2017|
There are certain things that as a guy, you must take notice of in your partner. Most guys are really clueless about dating when compared to women. Sometimes, they make many guys feel like learners.
The simple truth is that things might go wrong no matter what you do. It is therefore important you look out and know what to avoid in a relationship. I have penned down a couple of things.
1. If a lady misses a date you both agreed on and doesn’t call to apologize, let her go. There is no time to waste on one woman. If she does call to apologize, let her be the one to request another time so as to make it up to you. If she doesn't show up again, forget about her. She doesn't value your time.
2. Never let any woman disrespect you. If she does and she refuses to apologize and change for good, drop her. You don't want to be with someone who tears down your self esteem or does not know your worth.
3. Dating an indecisive lady can be frustrating. When you find yourself with one, give her space. You should not try to force people to make up their mind. Let her coming to you be out of choice and not compulsion.
4. Never try to buy a lady's affection. Trust me, that's one path you don't want to walk. If a woman does not like you, your expensive gifts will not change her mind. Instead, you will end up becoming be a “financial boyfriend” who sorts out her needs, aka “mugu”.
5. Never beg a woman to give you a chance. If you think she eventually gives you a chance, then you're mistaken. She probably showed you pity. And you know something about pity in relationships? It does not last long.
6. If a woman uses sex as a negotiating tool, dump her sorry ass. She is only manipulating you and nothing more. Sex is not a favour or reward!
7. Never let a lady be sure that you are crazy about her to the point that she feels too confident. In fact, never affirm your love immediately to her. Suppress that feeling to talk about it till she has shown you all possible green lights that she loves you.
8. If you give her a phone call twice and she doesn't answer, do not give her a call again. It is called desperation, and woman can smell it from a distance. You what it does to them, remember? Instead, just send a text.
9. Do not compare her to your ex. In the same way, if she talks about her ex with you to the level of comparisons, let her go ASAP. You will never be enough for her. You don't want to spend your energy trying to fill a shoe that was not yours in the first place.
10. Trust your instincts. The first problem with guys when they start feeling emotional about a lady is that they let the feelings overwhelm their sense of reasoning. Someone told me the other day that he let go of his logical self to date a woman. Huh? Do not make that mistake.
11. Never show 100% commitment to a lady. No matter how sweet she may be, she is not yours till you both tie the knot. Don't even assume that she will not leave. Realize that until you both wed, there is nothing like complete commitment.
12. Maintain an air of mystery. Never divulge too much about yourself too soon. Keep her in wonder of who you are.
13. Except you know how to chat with a lady and keep the sparks on, save the conversation for your dates. You may make use of that platform when you have come quite a distance with her.
14. Women desire attention just like guys desire sex. It is your own weapon. Even if she asks for it, be frugal about it. Never let her talk you in to giving her your complete attention. It may backfire soon since what one gets used to can easily be abused.
15. Do not make all the efforts in a relationship. I for one have a policy that I will take only two steps and wait for the lady to take at least one step. Whosoever invests more in a relationship gets emotional tied more than the other person.
16. Never change who you are for a woman. Never! If you must change, let it be because you feel the need to and not because you want to impress a lady.
17. Never lose your voice to a woman. Do not become a “yes man” to anything she says. It does not get her attracted to you; instead, it makes you look like a wimp. If there is something you do not agree about, state your opinion. If you think she did wrong, let her know
about it and don't keep mute about it.
18. Except you want to, never date any girl who has more problems than you do. Chances are that she may draw you in to all of it and you'd soon be overwhelmed. If you must date such a woman, be sure of what you are stepping in to.
19. If you ever find yourself with a possessive, over-jealous or domineering lady, drop her fast. She is not worth the stress. You will save yourself a lot of trouble by doing so.
20. Be alert about attempts to manipulate you. Recognize when. She is trying to get you to do something or not. Ensure you follow the decision of your will. Do not let the tears get to you or the pleadings get to you. You may do otherwise if you deem it fit to make a compromise on your stand, but guard against manipulation.
21. If a lady ever cheats on you, there is no remedy for it. Let her go. It is an already established fact that women who have affairs end up developing a bond with whosoever the other person is. The mere fact that she cheated means you should call it quit.
These are just a couple of essential dating etiquette guys should know and date by.
You can add more or share your thoughts about specific points through the comment box.
369 Likes 47 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pocohantas(f): 1:07am On Apr 16, 2017|
*I know some of you will come here to say money is all that matters but pls, don't, I repeat...don't ever use money to get a woman. It's a weak way out, she'll chop your money and go. She might stick to you as her pension manager while getting sweet love from someone else. Your money would be used to cover their overhead costs.
*When you find a good woman, keep her. Don't go sleeping around. Vaginas are the same, maybe a lil difference in the diameter or what you feel for the owner.
*Once in a while, resist the urge to bring out prick. Pretend like you're not in the mood that day. It boosts your self-control and desirability ratings.
*That you took a girl on a date or gave her cash/gift doesn't mean she must follow you to your house and allow you bend her like straw on your bed, while you administer prick with tangential expertise. If you want women that will give you sex for the money, go to Allen.
*If a woman turns your proposal down, be mature enough to take it.
Don't go slutshaming her or all those silly things some of you do!
*If for any reason you stop being interested in your girl, let her go. Don't play her along while increasing her vagina mileage.
For those end time boys, that will know their friend is cheating on his babe but be calling her "our wife"...amadioha will visit you.
378 Likes 44 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by afoshat: 1:22am On Apr 16, 2017|
Good words bro
Also guys make sure she understands that ur not a do over, but don't be the side dick either
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by afoshat: 1:25am On Apr 16, 2017|
Good words, but for that last paragraph my dear egusi and okro nah soup but no be de same, u gotta cherish the drawie attribute of the okro
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pocohantas(f): 1:28am On Apr 16, 2017|
afoshat:How about you cook the okro or the egusi in different ways. Today with bitterleaf, tomorrow with vegetable...
That is...a good head today, tomorrow from behind, next tomorrow...sex in the bathroom. Can't we spice it up?
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by daveP(m): 1:41am On Apr 16, 2017|
1 Like 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by afoshat: 1:55am On Apr 16, 2017|
Oh yes that's exactly the key but most of the chef do not understand this they are just satisfied with cooking the food in a wheel barrow position and for only about ten mins, where's the fun in that, y was Cleopatra tagged best appetizer, because she knows just how to mix it, how to be ontop and grind d mortar, how to bend down and steer the soup, u know those things but quite a number of u ladies cannot prepare a good soup in different formats.
15 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pocohantas(f): 2:05am On Apr 16, 2017|
Let me tell you something as a lady, Nigerian men would continue getting Basic1 sex styles till they learn to be more open minded.
Women wanna wow their men in the other room, but no one wants to be judged. No one wants her man wondering how many men she has spread the legs to various degrees for.
You arc that ass for a Nigerian man, instead of him to worship it...he pauses and starts wondering how many niggas you been arching it for. You give him a BJ and he starts asking how many guys you have given a BJ. Y'all ask too much gadamn questions!!!
Sadly, majority of you ask these questions not even to know a sister better, but to judge her.
176 Likes 10 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 16, 2017|
Make una two dey here dey discuss mama and papa thing. Me i no hear or see anything sha... I just dey waka pass
19 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Divay22(f): 6:52am On Apr 16, 2017|
What you can't bring to a good end, don't start.
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Frolic: 6:54am On Apr 16, 2017|
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Frolic: 6:55am On Apr 16, 2017|
guilty as charged...
4 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 16, 2017|
There's sense in this
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by dalongjnr: 8:16am On Apr 16, 2017|
what a beautiful responses in this room,u guys should keep it up as we learn. cheers n happy easter to u guys. I love u all.
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2017|
One ice zobo for u
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DonX001: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2017|
Its not in a guy's place to tell his friend's babe that he is cheating on her.
What kind of weak pussynigger snitch is that??
If the girl wants to find out, let her find it out by herself.
Unless of course, the guy wants to have a shot at his friend's babe's pussay...as the fallback 'comforter' guy when the relationship hits the rocks...
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DonX001: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2017|
Its a known fact that having mad skills comes with experience and practice.
A learner cannot just wake up one day and be playing football like Messi.
So when a lady is giving you all those 'mad skills', is it not natural to wonder how she acquired those skills in the first place??
Especially if you're planning something serious/long term with her.
But personally though, me I don't mind. Give me the mad skills any day, any time, don't really like a girl who's dull in bed.
I don't mind a girl who's had some experience....its part of the process of growing up for a girl. (as far as she no be olosho or an extremely cheerful giver).
After all, I'm no innocent virgin myself.
But I can understand where some guys' thought processes will go.
43 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by PromiseUche(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2017|
wuwf! I learnt a lot from u. I had messed up some areas. Weldon!
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pocohantas(f): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2017|
DonX001:Some men could very selfish and sometimes I don't know what to say to them. Over the years I have heard people express their concern over where/how women acquire their bedroom skills and how it affects the man. Can we talk about where men acquire their skills for a moment?
Do you think your girl never bothers about where you got skills? You think after making your girl scream to high heavens, she never wonders how many women you have done same to and if they would come for return match? Yet you rarely hear women nag about it or maybe they have been conditioned not to bother.
The worst is, some of these guys go on virgin hunts. What they don't know is, continually remind your virgin wife/fiance/gf that it's about the virginity and she'll slowly resent you. Women have emotions too, and we wanna be valued for something more than the hymen.
*****But personally though, me I don't mind. Give me the mad skills any day, any time, don't really like a girl who's dull in bed.That's fair of you. Ehen, I know it isn't in the guy's place to tell the babe his friend is cheating, but he shouldn't go about hailing her either.
23 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by ALAYORMII: 11:21am On Apr 16, 2017|
You're now a dating expert
If you want to know whether you are ugly or not, just walk past a construction site and if the builders continue with their work, my sister you have your answer...
15 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by lawrykings(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2017|
tangential expertise... lol. you get mouth sha, I like your diction, you must be an architect
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by DonX001: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2017|
Lol, if they don't hail her 'iyawo wa' n co, she might be thinking they don't like her/accept her, and secretly wondering if there is another girl in the background that his friends already know as the chosen one.
You know women and their insecurities.
So the hailing helps her feel welcomed and accepted by his circle of friends as the chosen one.
Whether or not the guy is now cheating on her still, is a completely different ball game, that one na another matter entirely.
(Some guys have a particular girl they actually love and want to marry as the chosen one, and his friends know this, but may still have one or two runs on the side just to keep fit in the game.
So that wouldn't stop his friends from calling the chosen one "iyawo wa" when they see her, it helps her feel welcome and helps validate her relationship.)
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by lawrykings(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2017|
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Xzbit91: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2017|
You dis geh
Your emotional maturity is out of this world. Do you own a site where you give relationship advice?
All your points here just dey burst my ozemgbe even though I'm guilty of some. Keep it up!!
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by afoshat: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2017|
Hmmm, u see ladies have this anti-slut defense system that is auto activated, thats 1, but i would not verge into that, menh look for someone u can bond with sexually, or someone whose willing to adapt, u see the problem is that certain ladies do not have the technical know how and are not ready to be fluid and explore, I'd say the shit is with ladies, most atimes when ur having a conversation with a lady she would say euuuhh thats disgusting, nah the ladies re the ones that need enlightment
3 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2017|
Best piece i read here for some months now.
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by Young03(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2017|
So educating n entertaining
bt op, i dont agree to number 6, free things they sweet biko
n iam enjoying it these days
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by jhudit(f): 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2017|
Very educating. Ladies can learn one or two from this...
Where is lalasticlala when you need him?
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by pocohantas(f): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2017|
afoshat:Most of us have sexual acts we are disgusted by, male and female alike, but we can meet halfway. As for the ladies, some are actually not interested in such, some are only pretending. I have nothing against the pretenders/liars amongst them.
Most Nigerian guys don't deserve the truth...they love lies, they claim white girls are liberal but they never stopped to wonder how a white guy reacts to sex related issues. Babes will continue pretending, they will continue lying to you guys, they will simplify and divide their 'body counts'.
Last last, a lot of you will end up with refurbished oloshos.
33 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by afoshat: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2017|
Refurbished oloshos, funny sha, all u need as a lady is for u to be yourself, either male or female, if your partner can't see u for who u truly are then u take him or her aside and move on, guys can brag about self worth but no guy would brag about being a lesser man in bed, even thou he might not be up to the task, buh u gotta give him credit for the confidence, but could u ladies just be your self, the relationship is for bonding, cimpanionship and happiness, if u cannot bond properly whats d fun in that, if u like BDSM, role play, being spanked tell him let him understand and if he cannot serve u which i doubt, then u move, if u like being called a slut while having sex, that doesn't mean ur a slut, for the records guys give more of there time to give the lady pleasure, kiss, handle, attend to the breast and nipples, worship the erogenous zones, even go down and give her a head, the sex is a mutual benefit the best pay back he would get is a bj for 30 seconds, i mean wtf, om certain occasion should would even say she can't that it disgust her, after u just gave her a head, ladies for crying out do u know the ton of excercise guys do to keep fit and strong even in bed just to satisfy the lady, who takes viagra, the guy also to enhance and boosten the libido, ladies it's high time u girls learn to appreciate and dump that lame excuse that ud be called a slut and u better treat ur man like a king, else some other slut would do
14 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by borntoexcel2000(m): 1:21am On Apr 17, 2017|
Kudos to the OP
|Re: 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys by odinga1of: 4:39am On Apr 17, 2017|
One Bottle of Cold Origin for the OP.
Young Hausa Couple Set To Wed As They Release Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Ghanaian Lady Plans To Destroy Her Ex Boyfriend's Wedding Cake / 10 Things You Do In Nigeria That Make People Label You A “ Bad Girl”
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 279