Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) (54520 Views)

Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Osinbajo Back From Italy, Attends Lagos At 50 Gala Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Montez90: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
How about the mainland

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by tollyboy5(m): 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

Mr dumbo
Lagos has a seaport
lipsrsealed cos Niger deltal well known oil rich state does not have sea abi? keep deceiving your self grin when Lagos start drilling her oil I'm sure she would be ranked among world richest cities. we are not far from it as long as our IGR grows daily cheesy
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
IntrovertOlu:

I swear. Me too. This Ibadan don tire me. I am going back to my Lagos. I no mind the traffic.
pls I beg you. stay where you are. Lagosians are in serious bondage. Do not believe all you see on the net. The slavery wey we dey go thru for Lagos no be here. Except you are a politician or a member of the elite class. Stay where you are.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by oduastates: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
Oxtonguy:
When last have you been to Oshodi, that's the point dear Lagos has changed alot, even world class cities like New York chattels slums like ajegunle, not to talk of Lagos with booming increase of population from 1.7 million in 1970 to 23 million plus in 2017.

Are you talking about New York City or New York State?

The most crime infested and rundown parts of NY city are finer and have better infrastructure than the finest parts of Lagos.
When I look at Lagos's beauty , I either view it from what it could have been or look at what it could be .
The present incarnation is ugly as hell .
Not even the natural endowment can make up for the abuse .

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by rhektor(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Na we develop Lagos jorh

In the voice of iPod warlords

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by I888(m): 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
daveP:
TAaaa. cost of living is now neck deep that ogun state is now an option.

the tax alone is hilarious. taxing a sachet water seller more than the goods on display is crap. lagos needs reset or the elites would only be the ones innit.
Ogun State is a beauty. Anybody that does not have a land in Ogun state right now will cry later.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by adegeye38(m): 12:01am On Apr 17, 2017
olatade:
I'm relocating back to Lagos ASAP
and yu will be in for a rude shock, all the pics are on the island were less dan 30% of lagosians leave, the mainland were most people live is rough, dirty, noisy, with decayed infrastructure despite d massive igr and gdp

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Eibams60(m): 12:03am On Apr 17, 2017
the then and now is almost dsame thing but it's just that they snap d pix wit sentiment.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by adegeye38(m): 12:04am On Apr 17, 2017
obafemee80:
Lagos setting the pace...
Only Tinubu and his gang (with GOD's guidance)can bring change(good) to this country if given the chance tongue
you are an idiot, your post reeks of extreme stupidity

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by obaino860: 12:05am On Apr 17, 2017
Handsomecutepie:

It's your father that's behind it scumbag. It's like an English man being asked if his father was behind d development of London. What a dumb question!

It's cosmopolitan city and every tribe in Nigeria live in Lagos just like any city in d world but no matter what you contribute as immigrants, it won't take the fact that the city belongs to owners.

It's like Kano, port harcourt and any other city in Nigeria

youngman go back to your Oshogbo state and stop boasting of a no mans land......that is y the governor throw your brothers and sister into the lagoon last week

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by sevantex(m): 12:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Critically:

Mowe is in Ogun State

Lool
ppl can serious for nairaland fa

Humour bro
i knw its in ogun state, the point was ppl goin as far as those outskirts to get afordable places to stay but its duly noted sir grin

Eko o ni baje!
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by daveP(m): 12:06am On Apr 17, 2017
I888:
Ogun State is a beauty. Anybody that does not have a land in Ogun state right now will cry later.
Im telling you. soon it wil make it an urban attraction.
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by timilehin95(m): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2017
oduastates:

Are you talking about New York City or New York State?

The most crime infested and rundown parts of NY city are finer and have better infrastructure than the finest parts of Lagos.
When I look at Lagos's beauty , I either view it from what it could have been or look at what it could be .
The present incarnation is ugly as hell .
Not even the natural endowment can make up for the abuse .

Hey fool... Do u compare a 40years old adult to a 5years old child? Lagos is jst 50years old and u are comparing it to newyork city dat is more dan 100years. Bring out states in Nigeria dat are age mate with lagos nd let's see their stand. For ur info, Lagos is building another Manhattan island which is d EKO MEGA CITY... not even cities in South Africa could stand it not to talk of Nigeria.

Lagos leads Nigeria follows
#Ekoonibaje

17 Likes

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by sorry1(m): 12:12am On Apr 17, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Please, is there anywhere on those streets where me and my boys can hawk our fan yogo and sell Pirated CDs?
Biko I dey beg.

All I can see in the pictures is a no man's landgrin
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by buffalowings: 12:35am On Apr 17, 2017
adegeye38:

and yu will be in for a rude shock, all the pics are on the island were less dan 30% of lagosians leave, the mainland were most people live is rough, dirty, noisy, with decayed infrastructure despite d massive igr and gdp

Finally someone that sees beyond the propaganda

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by RexTramadol1: 12:44am On Apr 17, 2017
We need to develop Lagos fast

Before this damage goes beyond repair.

Lagos, we will get you from these people abusing and photoshopping you

you won't suffer and amile anymore

very soon! I dare say, very SOON!!!
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Calvuberlordjum: 12:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Lagos at 50
If you need discount on Uber rides in Lagos contact 08172065753. Anywhere in Lagos only including TBS
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Bollinger(m): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2017
mcmurphy132:
Lagos lead others follow

Leads who? Well, maybe for a local champion it does. You need to go out more and you'll realize that no state in Nigeria has what you'd call a modern city. It's all garbage.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by obafemee80(m): 1:34am On Apr 17, 2017
adegeye38:
you are an idiot, your post reeks of extreme stupidity
I hate people with sick and disturbed mind like you mentioning me. Keep your opinion to yourself.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 17, 2017
ABOKI9ja:
Lagos Is really Beautiful I think I need to relocate to lagos Lagos, Aboki9ja is coming... Investment matters 9ja matters North-west to South-west Jigawa to Lagos
Beautiful but expensive

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 17, 2017
nkemjacob2:
y dem no giv us foto like ajegule, oshodi, agege, badagri.... una carry rich man area dey us.... though lagos is leading other states.... but FG contribute to the large growth extent...

Oshodi is fine now o
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Gladys2017(f): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2017
sweet Lagos State
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by odinga1of: 4:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Gladys2017:
sweet Lagos State

Yeah so lovely and cool. Oh watsapp only 0806580362
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Basic123: 4:57am On Apr 17, 2017
obafemee80:
Only Tinubu and his gang (with GOD's guidance)can bring change(good) to this country if given the chance tongue
buhari government wouldn't have been bad like this there are tinubu imputs.
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Basic123: 5:00am On Apr 17, 2017
ToriBlue:
See you, are Yoruba's behind Lagos development?
They are not

because lagos is on hausa/fulani soil

while lekki ikoyi link bridge,BRT,light rails,lekki-epe expression,beautification etc were done by an igbo governor.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Basic123: 5:04am On Apr 17, 2017
ToriBlue:
See you, are Yoruba's behind Lagos development?

just like yorubas and igbos are behind the development of Kano

And yoruba and fulanis are behind the development of PH and Enugu

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by kaytenny(m): 5:15am On Apr 17, 2017
yet Lagos State Govt. cannot pay workers well, it pays civil servants very poorly despite inflation and inflow of cash.

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by ollins(m): 5:47am On Apr 17, 2017
oduastates:
Give the Lagos of the 1940s anytime . It is certainly not a very good place to raise a child .
That Lagos is worth more than its weight in tourism revenues and potentials .
The modern Lagos is what you can call , misdeveloped underdevelopment . A concrete jungle and a largely rundown monstrosity without any serenity , architectural ,ecological ,cultural ,town planning and touristic appeal.
The island and Apapa are not reflective of the real Lagos.
Looking down at Lagos from a plane after visiting coastal cities around the world show how ugly Lagos truly is . Exactly i tell you

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by ZombieTERROR: 5:59am On Apr 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

lipsrsealed cos Niger deltal well known oil rich state does not have sea abi? keep deceiving your self grin when Lagos start drilling her oil I'm sure she would be ranked among world richest cities. we are not far from it as long as our IGR grows daily cheesy
Mr dumbo
The seaports in niger delta is not working at optimal level like Lagos all because of bad politics
Make egun people no catch u where u dey talk nonsense...see mouth like our Lagos grin

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by seguno2: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2017
I can't see anything that was invented, developed, produced and improved by Nigerians in all the pictures.
Did I miss out on something?
Can anyone see such a thing?
Please check and point it/them out.
That is what would be worthy of celebrating.
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by swimmer: 6:04am On Apr 17, 2017
obafemee80:

Nonsense

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2017
gist4real:

pls I beg you. stay where you are. Lagosians are in serious bondage. Do not believe all you see on the net. The slavery wey we dey go thru for Lagos no be here. Except you are a politician or a member of the elite class. Stay where you are.

Which bondage are you talking about? Don't bring politics into this matter. I lived in Lagos for 35 years straight before I moved to Ibadan last year.

Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) / "Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / People At ATM Queue Hail Tinubu In Lagos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)