Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? (1105 Views)

Christianity Religion, You ARE In The Wrong Yard. / Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by segoye2(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2007
Does it really matter Being a Christian, Muslim, Buddish, Jewish, e.t.c? Does it matter which Religion you Choose?
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2007
Yes, because most religions claim to be the True WayTM.
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by mukina2: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2007
Seun:

Yes, because most religions claim to be the True WayTM.

no seun not most religion a certain religion always claim to be the true way
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by Ndipe(m): 1:27am On Jan 25, 2007
Yeah, it matters which religion I belong to, because Jesus Christ is the only way to God. So, I choose to be a born-again Christian so I have the joy of spending eternity in His Holy Kingdom.
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by ruescho(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2007
Usually u don´t choose your religion, u are just born into it, educated more or less religiously and later u decide if u want to stick to it or not.

Me I think it´s better to have religion than to have none

and it´s better to stick to your families religion than to convert.
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by Ndipe(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2007
And what if someone's family are worshippers of idols? would you still advise them not to convert?
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by segoye2(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2007
Posted by: Ndipe
Yeah, it matters which religion I belong to, because Jesus Christ is the only way to God. So, I choose to be a born-again Christian so I have the joy of spending eternity in His Holy Kingdom.

Are you saying christianity is the best? What about Islam, Isn't it leading to the Holy Kingdom as well?
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by kobe(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2007
@topic
it's geared more towards the faith in GOD
It's easy for a church-goer to say, "hey I'm a Christian"
There are some churches that do not appropriately Glorify God's name; testifying as a church-goer does not justify/validate one's christianity (there exists "phony" churches out there).
Besides, one might member in a "phony" church and not realize it, but as long as you conduct yourself with cleanliness similar to the ones below(extract from psalm 24):
4 Those who have clean hands and pure hearts,
         who do not lift up their souls to what is false,
         and do not swear deceitfully.
5  They will receive blessing from the LORD,
         and vindication from the God of their salvation.
6  Such is the company of those who seek him,
         who seek the face of GOD (the God of Jacob.)

, then you should be fine, I'm not saying it's attainable to stay completely pure, just try your best at maintaining the most proper moral principles - and pray to God.

I personally don't demean, or look down on other religions on the basis that they do not conform to mine.
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by ishmael(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2007
Ndipe:

And what if someone's family are worshippers of idols? would you still advise them not to convert?

If they have faith in the idol they can continue. After all ur christianity or islam or judiasm or buddaism depends on your faith; if you have faith things will work well for you.
Re: Does It Matter Which Religion You Choose? by ruescho(m): 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2007
Ndipe:

Difficult cos i only can tell u what is best for me which nis Christianity, but not what is best for others.

Besides that it seems to me many people in Africa found a way to be Christian and still honour their local tradition and religion.

Even know some convinced Christians that use voodoo. Don´t personally think this the way to do it, just report what I see.

Cannot judge them.

(1) (Reply)

Is This What The Church Has Now Turned To? / Medical Marijuana -- Is It Sin? / Lesson For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.