Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

My Animation Reidvolution - Art, Graphics & Video (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Animation Reidvolution (36859 Views)

See My Animation Collection / My Animation Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
BRAINZBox:
One other obstacle I have seen in Nigeria is lack of collaboration, giving 3D a foot to stand in this country will come from collaboration between individual artists like you and I and even those small studios springing up in lagos.

A collaboration, something very hard to get people to do if you don't have money to motivate them ; cheesy

Collaboration would be difficult to achieve in this part of the world. Collaboration has to do with what d parties involved are bringing to the table. One artist is modelling dragons and the other is still on tables. how do u collaborate? They r not on same level. This condition must be met if their has to be collaboration. Unless of course, a very good modeller pairing with a very good animator, both on high levels in different diciplines. Lastly, this is Africa, where have u ever seen Collaboration of any body or bodies relating to things techy? Though it's possible, but would be hard to achieve unless these parties have same interests or money is bringing them together via a third party.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
BRAINZBox:

Thanks for these... I will need to face my fears... I can't quit now, I can't.

Face your fears using your brains. Life and it's sanity is more precious than 3D in the end. To pursue 3D is to enrol in a school. You'll need time, you'll need money. Been young would play a very important role too.
If you are up for modelling, texturing and all, YouTube's got your back for the most part. But if you are talking Animating, then that's a different problem entirely you are getting yourself in to. Unless u r talking of d AREA type of cartoons. But if it's the Pixar's, Disney, Illumination and DreamWorks kind of Animating, guy dat one na inside life o. Be wise with your choices and be aware of the risks and rewards.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
And that's how my rat looks like now. Spent more than enough time modelling. Then as usual, I was looking for the easy way out for rigging but it didn't happen. Because 2010 don't have d CAT plugin damnit. it was a severe blow and took me another two days to get over. When I eventually did, the custom bones was the only option if this gig was going to fly. So... bones it is.
Anyways, I'm on to rigging right now and i hope to complete as soon as possible. The float script is giving me trouble with the wrist twist. A major pain in the a**.

2 Likes

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by adamspaul252(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
I have a job for you. Drop me ur contact or call me 08148304980
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2019
Almost done rigging and it's been quite an experience. though excruciating. When I'm done, skinning comes next and dats it. it's me and Animating aaaaaalllllllll d way. when I'm done, I'll texture. Just can't wait to animate something. It's like holding back from eating well grilled turkey. Still, I find a place in my heart to be patient. We'll definitely get there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
Rigging complete or at least, I'll settle for dis one. I've ventured into skinning d character and say by tomorrow, I should be done. The next line of action would be to animate d morph targets. And I already have two audio clips for this but because of time, I'll need something short, say about 30secs or so.
Anyhoo, rigging is out of d picture and we are progressing to something more serious. Something daring. Something dat might just change the way Animation is been viewed in Africa. Strap your seat belts and get ready because from now on... it's going to get bumpy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2019
Will there be furry stuff? i love furs.

Kudos..
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
Will there be furry stuff? i love furs.

Kudos..

Thanks man. I very much plan for fur to be part of d gig. As long as it doesn't interfere too much on rendering time.
But right now, I'm done skinning and my fps has decreased a great deal. The head was detached from d body so prior to skinning I attached the body to d head. Maybe I'll try it the other way around to see what happens. But whichever way it goes, i.... will... see.... this.... through. This is a done deal and d wahala it has put me through has really pissed me off. Oooohhhhh, it's so in trouble now.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
Well, what do u know! I'm here. Skinned or almost skinned and about to be animated. my fingers are itching to make d draw but maybe a little while longer then I'm gud to go. One thing is clear though, I'm very late on schedule owing to circumstances beyond my control, still I'll pull it off.
I don't have Camtesia, I would have loved to upload d progress of work. I guess u'll see it when I'm done.
Aiiiight, I'm off to bed.

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy Prosperous New Year to you all and Welcome to 2020. Still on my anime project even though it has taken a different turn. For some reason, my rat is always coming smaller than expected in real life measurements. Well, I've gone past that one now and I'm off to solutions ground.
I don't have camtesia, otherwise I would have uploaded progress of work so dat u can follow and it indeed is a darn shame. Still, I'm almost done animating the basic story telling part. Now, I'm just tweening. I won't be tweening everything, just parts of d animation dats a must.
Right after I'm done, I'll be doing another short one, then take a break for say 3days or so. Guys, facial animation is d real deal. If u ain't in d zone as an animator, talking about facial animations and dialogues, u indeed r missing alot. I'll try modifying this post by means of uploading working pictures. Yeah, I still have fur and uvs to deal with. This year is going to be awesome as a CG artist, if u know Wat u doing. Stay creative, tell stories and sell me off on d social media by means of story telling. Let's try something like dat for a change. And dat's just one of d many awesome avenues to possibly getting paid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
I have tried every trick in the book I know, but its not just working. The size of my rat is just too damn small in mm to accommodate its environment in cm. Its like making a fly take the stride of a rat or pussy cat.
Well, at least d animation is done and I'm skinning again. Once that's done, its a render thingy. I did do a lil bit of texture but won't be going into d sss shader thing. Just simple uvws and painting. Well, I might do a quick jingle next week after which I'm starting afresh with the can match part of 3dsmax. And hopefully, I'll be mindful of d size of d model. I might even download the model yeah.

And yeah, I won't be using fur. I need to speed up rendering plus I'm so upset with the turn of events now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
pakingzzzzz:

Around 5.047 cry.. Pretty bad!!.. But the cgi element sticks like glue on the background plate.

I am now in Lagos...
Nice work Reid and naij
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
pakingzzzzz:

I am now in Lagos...
Nice work Reid and naij

Welcome to the city
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by pakingzzzzz(m): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
nijabazaar:

Welcome to the city

grin grin.. It's quite some city honestly.. I'm seeing things shocked
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
pakingzzzzz:

I am now in Lagos... Nice work Reid and naij
Thanks man. Gesture well appreciated.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 7:23am On Feb 20, 2020
I've been on this project since November last year and I've encountered all sorts of problems. Now this resulted from watching an anonymous YouTube video that I thought would help my work but turned out wrong. So, no anonymous YouTube videos for me ever again, unless someone has tested it through and through and its proven not to have a negative effect on my project.
Still on dialogue and crazy about it, I can say, I have reached the end of my career animating but will never stop learning. So crazy about dialogues, I now have two different animation files arising from the complications of my November project. That means, one project, one same audio but two different videos. And now, I'm looking forward to add a short third, say maybe 30secs to accommodate the change in story. More like an intro.
Its been a wonderful and very challenging experience and I've learnt a ton. Ranging from dos and don'ts while animating, all through to camera tracking and Matching. Especially matching.
I'll put up a fast render and its much because it has to be from different scenarios. And this could take up to 3weeks to complete. Sorry I don't have camtesia, I would have shown you a WIP. Plus there's no image attached at d moment, so maybe I'll attach one later the day.
Have a great day.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.[url]Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.[/url]Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yovGqeamnXs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
reidkrugger:
Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.[url]Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.[/url]Hello guys and FINALLY I have something to show. Its not the finished work, just the animation. There's a live footage that will be added to it. Its been a hell of a time and challenges have forced me into having two versions of this animation. Same audio clip, different animations. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yovGqeamnXs

Bruh, This is work.
Kudos.

I like this.

A Gig might come up soon. I 'll keep you posted.

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
This is good.

The characterization is believable and almost 4D
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
nijabazaar:

Bruh, This is work. Kudos.
I like this.
A Gig might come up soon. I 'll keep you posted.
Thank you sir. This is what I live for.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
nijabazaar:
This is good.

The characterization is believable and almost 4D

4D keh? Lol. Well thanks for the compliment. Its good to finally see that we didn't waste our time trying to learn 3D. Sorry 4D.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 2:31am On Feb 28, 2020
reidkrugger:
I have tried every trick in the book I know, but its not just working. The size of my rat is just too damn small in mm to accommodate its environment in cm. Its like making a fly take the stride of a rat or pussy cat.
Well, at least d animation is done and I'm skinning again. Once that's done, its a render thingy. I did do a lil bit of texture but won't be going into d sss shader thing. Just simple uvws and painting. Well, I might do a quick jingle next week after which I'm starting afresh with the can match part of 3dsmax. And hopefully, I'll be mindful of d size of d model. I might even download the model yeah.

And yeah, I won't be using fur. I need to speed up rendering plus I'm so upset with the turn of events now.

This is completely different from what I have posted as finished work. Still, I also have this version as well and its yet to be rendered.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 2:35am On Feb 28, 2020
reidkrugger:
The ReidVolution continues.
And it all started here. The Reidvolution is Complete. Next Stop...
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by KhadeerOfLHS: 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
reidkrugger:

And it all started here. The Reidvolution is Complete. Next Stop...

Color me impressed. You definitely merit a suprise favor from God to help with resource for you to scale up. I didn't regret reading and following you. Your Art is truth.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
KhadeerOfLHS:

Color me impressed. You definitely merit a suprise favor from God to help with resource for you to scale up. I didn't regret reading and following you. Your Art is truth.

This has to be d nicest thing ever said to me this year so far. I didn't want to reply Bcuz I wanted dis comment there just staring at me in d face, anytime I log in.
A BiG Thank you sir for this wonderful gesture and I'm glad I didn't disappoint. "Na God o"! But seriously, what you said here is deep a and conveys a lot of messages. Right now, I'm reflecting back to how it all started. The many people dat told me, " don't waste ur time, it can't be done". Then came d brokenness, had to get a job and left d job too. The deprivation of social life. The crazy moments where I had to mimic/ act things out to see how they really work. There were a lot of sacrifices and commitments I had to put in. A lot of battles here on Nairaland. The challenges are just endless. To all the people involved, I thank you. To those who believed I could and not, I thank u.
Animating really is a daunting task and very capable of sending someone over d lagoon for fear of failure. But here I am. Because The Lord wills it. Once again, Thank u Sir and I wish you dsame in your endeavor of interest.
As it is, I've started a new short of about 30secs or so. It takes u back to how/ why the rat is wearing a POP around its neck. Not done d voice but I've kick started d animation. I have a lot going on in my head, mostly CGI. And d best part is, I do dis without Mocap. This year is going to be lit and I'm going to disturb d internet like Neva before. The world has to know dat Animation has come to stay in Nigeria.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
So what next for me? Hmmm, I've spent a lot of time creating morph targets for dat rat model and had to repeat d procedure twice at least. So I'm not about to just throw d rat xter away. I'll do maybe 3 skits or so of it. Then move down to 2D Animation. Toon Boon will be the software and I think, with my little knowledge in 3D, 2D should come easy. So I think and pray.
While at this, I'll be venturing into texturing. REALISTICALLY. I would want to have a sound knowledge of how it works. And would one day want to create my own short movie. whether by myself or collaborating with other artists.
After all these, I'll be going back to everything I know, to fuse all of them together as ONE. Using the knowledge gotten from say 3dsmax to better my designs in AutoCAD and Revit.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hello House. Does anyone here knows the price of a Wacom tablet or anything similar?
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by ahjerryboy1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Following
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by theGigolo: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
I am an avid follower of your work and only started learning 3d recently, I wanna go into broadcast design and animation 2d/3d.

When you see this please, send a message to my mail I think I have something that will be beneficial to you and cut down your learning time in half or rather reduce the time you spend in trying stuff out.

Contact me on favourizo24@gmail.com, I promise, you will not regret this.

Please none other than the owner of the thread should contact me, your messages will be ignored.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2020
I have always wanted to be a part of 2D Animation even if 3D occupies a major spot in my heart. Problem is, I never really found d time to learn d program. Until now. Having done two jobs for a client dat forced me to learn 2D Animation, I have now fallen in love with it. Maybe not as much as I'm connected to 3D but, dat Bond is there.
Well, this time, I went for d Industry's best or one of, in the programme of Toon Boon Harmony. Yep, it's only rival or close rival if u will is d Adobe representative called flash/ Animate.
I've been on it's neck for some weeks now and I must say, it's really amazing. Intimidating at first because of d Inconvenience to animate and d ability to understand d node view. But once doz two major pain in d a** are out of d way, it's sweet and smooth journey all d way.
I can't show off d two jobs I've done because I'm forbided to do so. But I have started one of mine personally and maybe by next week I'll have something to show. If I don't get occupied with work. Anyways I'll try something.
Toon Boom is a 2D program dats vector based and allows d manipulation of bitmaps as well. Almost anything can be exported and Animated into ToonBoom. Plus it can be rigged like it's 3D counterpart either using pegs or bones. Yes, Bones. And dats y I'm so much in love with it. Now, since it's a 2D program, most times u draw or have to draw. But in a scenerio where can't, u can download, cut out an image, export into ToonBoon or do whatever. Just get d image Into the programme and u are on ur way to animating.
Below are some mingy screenshots. I designed and modelled d head myself. The body, I stole from Jazza. U can ask questions if u like and I'll answer when I return.

1 Like

Re: My Animation Reidvolution by nijabazaar: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Node based?
Hmmm, y is everything node based these days.

Kudos, bros. Sometimes I wish I can draw.
Re: My Animation Reidvolution by reidkrugger(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
nijabazaar:
Node based?
Hmmm, y is everything node based these days.

Kudos, bros. Sometimes I wish I can draw.

Node based o. First week was hell trying to know what it was all about. Took me close to a month to accept it as a norm and d rest was history. Still working on my drawings to improve on what is currently obtainable. What gives me dat courage? I used to draw as a kid. And was darn gud at it. Yep, popsi say make I bone dat dream bcuz money nor dey inside. Same thing with soccer. Sometimes when I see peeps dey draw hyperealistic images or see de Lima or Messi de play, I feel bad. Could have been me, easily. Anyways, always luvd producing films too so nothing spoil.
Trying to work on 2 more views then I'll get cracking. So far, I'm just dragging my feet. Old age don de come. Not as enthusiastic as I used to be especially as d secrets to d trade are gradually been unlocked.
Nijabazaar my guy, I greet u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pencil Drawings By My Brother Teewai Teju / Forget Okorocha Uniben Graduating Student Erects A Masterpiece ( See Photos) / Rate These Before And After Effects Of Photoshop Works - Genius Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.