Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) (1755 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? / Oyinbo Woman Pictured Praying Before Eating Eba & Egusi With A Bottle Of Stout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Myself and a friend argued earlier today about the proper way to take your swallows. I was and am of the opinion that the proper way to take your swallows is by swallowing, while my friend was, and still of the opinion that the proper way to take your swallows is by chewing. So i'm posing this question to foodlanders. which is appropriate, To swallow your swallows ( no pun intended) or to chew your swallows?
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by FemiEddy(m): 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
What did u just call it.......Swallows........is it chewing gum dat u are chewing......no make I vex for u o grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
If you chew it, you can't call it a swallow anymore.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by subtlemee(f): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Whether you chew or you don't chew you still swallow so no need for argument
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by Epositive(m): 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
swallowing "base" since time immemorial no matter the size grin

#positivevibes

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by Probz(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
Chewing na for pikin. I only chew agidi.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by obafemee80(m): 2:02am On Apr 17, 2017
shoyemiayodeji:
Myself and a friend argued earlier today about the proper way to take your swallows. I was and am of the opinion that the proper way to take your swallows is by swallowing, while my friend was, and still of the opinion that the proper way to take your swallows is by chewing. So i'm posing this question to foodlanders. which is appropriate, To swallow your swallows ( no pun intended) or to chew your swallows?
I chew everything that goes into my stomach,eba or rice...
It makes food digest faster and body absorb more nutrients
Most people that swallow(gobble up)their eba tend to have protruding stomach and digestive problems like bloating

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your Swallows?( Eba, Fufu, Amala Etc.) by yomi007k(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2017
ToriBlue:
If you chew it, you can't call it a swallow anymore.
grin

Wonderful!

So u seff dey chop swallow....oghene!

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribe Owns Amala? / What Wines Are Produced In Nigeria? / Dina's treats Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.