Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan (20919 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / "We Are Hungry" - Umar Faruq, The Emir Of Daura / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:08am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, yesterday, attributed the current economic recession and hunger to laziness of leaders and the people.

The Sultan made the remark during the 22nd National Ummah Convention in Sokoto.

The convention which has as its theme: “Agriculture: Panacea to Nigeria’s Economic Recession”, was aimed at addressing the cognate issues of hunger in the country.

“Much is needed from the government and the general public to tackle hunger, as our laziness could not aid our progress.

“Yes, there is hunger in the country, but we have been so much lazy to tackle the issue, as we always depend on government and other wealthy individuals to assist us.

“Moreover, no one could solve our own problems, but we should improve more on agriculture, in order to tackle them and yield a better society,” Abubakar said.

Governor Aminu Tambuwal thanked the organisers of the convention and commended them for their consistency in organising it annually.

Tambuwal, who was represented by the state Commissioner for Religious Affairs, Alhaji Mani Maishinku, assured that the state government was ever ready to collaborate with the Ummah in achieving the said objectives.

“The theme of this year’s convention is considered timely as it is in tune with the programmes of the Federal and State governments in agricultural development.

The Chairman of the occasion, Malam Ahmad Bello, lauded the Federal Government,”for defeating Boko Haram threats to security”.

“Having thus addressed the issue of insecurity last year, it is only logical that we should, this year, address the cognate issue of hunger in the country.

“Our political and spiritual leaders must do something about this, and urgently too, as it would be a crime, a sin, and a folly, not to do so,” Bello said

http://www.leadership.ng/news/581681/nigerians-are-hungry-because-they-are-lazy-sultan

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2017
We re indirectly and directly lazy sha. "most of us"

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Many will come and rain insult on his eminence

What he's saying is we can do small farming for our immediate family

That we should look beyond white collar job

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Monalisa185(f): 6:13am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

you and your eminence are lazy

No offense

279 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Monalisa185:

you and your eminence are lazy

No offense

Mona baby calm down

Baba dey yearn the truth

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by odduduwa: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:
Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan
Ankeli Emmanuel
— Apr 17, 2017 2:40 am | Leave a comment
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, yesterday, attributed the current economic recession and hunger to laziness of leaders and the people.

The Sultan made the remark during the 22nd National Ummah Convention in Sokoto.

The convention which has as its theme: “Agriculture: Panacea to Nigeria’s Economic Recession”, was aimed at addressing the cognate issues of hunger in the country.

“Much is needed from the government and the general public to tackle hunger, as our laziness could not aid our progress.

“Yes, there is hunger in the country, but we have been so much lazy to tackle the issue, as we always depend on government and other wealthy individuals to assist us.

“Moreover, no one could solve our own problems, but we should improve more on agriculture, in order to tackle them and yield a better society,” Abubakar said.

Governor Aminu Tambuwal thanked the organisers of the convention and commended them for their consistency in organising it annually.

Tambuwal, who was represented by the state Commissioner for Religious Affairs, Alhaji Mani Maishinku, assured that the state government was ever ready to collaborate with the Ummah in achieving the said objectives.

“The theme of this year’s convention is considered timely as it is in tune with the programmes of the Federal and State governments in agricultural development.

The Chairman of the occasion, Malam Ahmad Bello, lauded the Federal Government,”for defeating Boko Haram threats to security”.

“Having thus addressed the issue of insecurity last year, it is only logical that we should, this year, address the cognate issue of hunger in the country.

“Our political and spiritual leaders must do something about this, and urgently too, as it would be a crime, a sin, and a folly, not to do so,” Bello said

http://www.leadership.ng/news/581681/nigerians-are-hungry-because-they-are-lazy-sultan

j

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by omowolewa: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2017
Yes my Sultan,

when a parent believes marrying off an under age girl or subjecting the young boiz to almajiri system is the solution to their problems.

A situation where 65% arable land is waiting to be cultivated with man power rather than mechanised agriculture is a shame.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by odduduwa: 6:18am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

just as you couldn't resist 250k from BMC

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by odduduwa: 6:18am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

just as you couldn't resist 250k from BMC rubbish ,go and tell that useless sultan that he is very stupid

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Legitbaba(m): 6:20am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigerians lazy?? Hausa's are hard working, Igbos are even more hard working....Yorubas or Ijaws aren't lazy too... Fulani's?? I don't know about any more hard work than walking long distances just to rare cows....
Nigerians are hard working...we are not just being treated fairly by the ruling class, though that would soon come to an end

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:21am On Apr 17, 2017
odduduwa:
just as you couldn't resist 250k from BMC rubbish

So you are also been paid to oppose the government of

Pmb?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by iaatmguy(m): 6:23am On Apr 17, 2017
If he knows he is not lazy, he should go into farming as well.
Rubbish

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by junketer(m): 6:23am On Apr 17, 2017
We all know the people that are lazy in nigeria. We all know the people that wait for handouts from government. But we all also know the industrious people in this country. I no mention any names.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:32am On Apr 17, 2017
junketer:
We all know the people that are lazy in nigeria. We all know the people that wait for handouts from government. But we all also know the industrious people in this country. I no mention any names.

You mean the acclaimed developers of Lagos, Bangkok, Dubai and Indonesia?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by OjukwuWarBird: 6:35am On Apr 17, 2017
Almajiri system is present in which part of Nigeria.?
Sultan is talking to his Northern Brothers

43 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by freeze001(f): 6:40am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Garshyzee(m): 6:43am On Apr 17, 2017
No offence, but i think sultan is high on benson... . angry

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by haykes(m): 6:49am On Apr 17, 2017
Aboki

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 6:53am On Apr 17, 2017
freeze001:

It is that small, subsistence agriculture for immediate family that breeds poverty. Is food the only requirement for survival? Will people not progress beyond food for the stomach? Even for d food can one grow everything? Will u not buy others like fish, meat, oil etc? Will they not wear clothes, buy electronics, raise children et al?

The Sultan's reasoning and yours are myopic. Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk. We even import those items!

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by scribble: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2017
Another kunu sipping slowpoke has spoken

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Ehiscotch(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2017
With agriculture we can revamp this economy.

I was very disappointed when my neighbour brought homework where he was asked that 4% of the American population is directly engaged in farming but yet they attain food security, while 75% of the Nigerian population is directly engaged in farming but yet they don't have food security.

This is an old song. But it is better late than never. Agriculture in the present economy is very lucrative.
We need to get our acts together if we want to progress, not only out this recession, but to a brighter future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2017
I disagree with the sultan.

Nigerians are actually very hardworking. When they go outside the country, they do all sort of dirty jobs just to make ends meet. They are doing this because they are sure their hardwork would be rewarded there. Here in Nigeria, we have been made to know you can't make it big if you do something illegal.
Nigerians will start working hard when they are sure their hardwork will be rewarded.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by freeze001(f): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
Basic agriculture gets one nowhere in the long run, it is the commercial industrialization that makes it viable and rakes in the income. That is where the government must come in and see to it that agriculture becomes viable at the highest possible level. Herdsmen remain backward in their nomadic style and continue causing havoc n mayhem yet we're nowhere near the top exporters of beef n milk.

Did you read n comprehend this part of my post? If u did you wouldn't have come back with this abominably dull response! I do not disagree with the fact that agriculture contributes massively but that only happens when it is done on large-scale industrialised levels where raw products are even converted finished goods and exported.

There's more to life than d immediate gratification of food! It's the reason we haven't come close to attaining food security despite the significant number of people involved in direct agriculture unlike the USA as someone has just posted. And it's simply because we've been stuck at small scale, petty farming.

sarrki:

Madam let me educate you
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income. Agricultural sector provides fodder for domestic animals .Cow provides people with milk which is a form of protective food.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Xavier9ja(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
The sultan is saying the bitter truth. Nigerians keep blaming the government for all their misfortune. I personally have an uncle who is lazy, he does not have any form of formal education, he don't pay tax in any form but he is good at sitting at home listening to radio and blaming the government. He'll always say " they are using OUR money to buy car". I'll just look at him and say "oga u dey pay tax" ( but na inside my mind I dey talk am sha). We should blame the government 20% and use 80% of our time to work hard and be innovative

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 17, 2017
What is he doing at the moment?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by eagleeye2: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

You! How many 'small farming' are you doing for your immediate family?
Idi0ts we have as leaders think we are all fo0ls.
Where are the children of the Sultan? or is it only the peasants that should do small farming, while their own children answer MD, CEO.

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Kingsley10000: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Nigerians are chronically lazy.....if we can embrace agriculture with the little capital we have,things wouldn't be this bad....i started broiler/foreign turkey production with just 80k in 2015,now 'm a millionaire

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by farokkunle: 7:12am On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

lazy a.ss Bmc uncircumcised cassava a.ss eater .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2017
Xavier9ja:
The sultan is saying the bitter truth. Nigerians keep blaming the government for all their misfortune. I personally have an uncle who is lazy, he does not have any form of formal education, he don't pay tax in any form but he is good at sitting at home listening to radio and blaming the government. He'll always say " they are using OUR money to buy car". I'll just look at him and say "oga u dey pay tax" ( but na inside my mind I dey talk am sha). We should blame the government 20% and use 80% of our time to work hard and be innovative

They always know it all

I mean enemies of the state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2017
farokkunle:

lazy a.ss Bmc uncircumcised cassava a.ss eater .

When I see a damaged ICU board I know by its function
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by Xavier9ja(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2017
They know it 100%
sarrki:

They always know it all

I mean enemies of the state
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry Because They Are Lazy – Sultan by sarrki(m): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2017
Xavier9ja:
They know it 100%

But they keep denying it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Difference Between Being Black In The Uk And Being Black In The Us / Awon Koko Inu Iwe Iroyin To Jade Loni / Fulani People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.