Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" (31934 Views)

Sagamu-Ogijo Road: A Look At One Of Nigeria's Worst Roads (Photos) / Lagos-Airport Road: A Look At Akinwunmi Ambode's Landmark On Roads - Photos / Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Bollinger(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
nuelsylves:

The worst of it is that we Nigerians can't come together and take a decisive action. Things are getting worser day by day. Just go through nairaland comments, you will see the so called leaders of tomorrow supporting and cheering up these past and present corrupt leaders.

Sincerely, we're just different nations pretending to be one.

I'm tired of this country.

My best advice for you is to abandon ship as soon as possible.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by adetayo234: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
He won't win if you change that mentality.

The south is fragmented. The north is United. I believe the south is way more than the north in terms of population. We can win if we unite.

Please what happened to Mr Positive Mentality in 2015? Didn't Buhari still win despite the "fragmented" south and the "ununited" north
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by adetayo234: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
He won't win if you change that mentality.

The south is fragmented. The north is United. I believe the south is way more than the north in terms of population. We can win if we unite.

Please what happened to Mr Positive Mentality in 2015? Didn't Buhari still win despite the "fragmented" south and the "ununited" north?
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by nuelsylves(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
Bollinger:

My best advice for you is to abandon ship as soon as possible.

Of course!
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by konfused: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2017
That road is worse than what is shown here. If any sane individual walks through that road, he will question his sanity.

Sometimes I wonder if our leaders have conscience at all. It baffles me when sane individuals support OUK or T.A Orji, I mean, how can someone with his full senses be a fan of those two individuals.

OUK is now in APC, soon T.A will follow suit.

I weep whenever I remember the state of that road, from No 1. cemetery road down to flyover is a dead zone, all the businesses located there are down, all the major markets along that road have closed down.

Even if it's a federal road, does it mean that the duo of OUK and T.A couldn't do something for 16years on that road.

May God surely reward everyone according to his deeds.

I wonder how these men sleep at night.

Tufiakwa.

FYI, Okezie has really done roads these last 2 years, I can count like 5 roads that were not even motor-able he has done these 2years.....

Ominidrive
Kamanu road
Umuojima road
Weeks road
by Azikwe road
Owerri road by Okigwe road

All these roads have not seen a tyre since 1999, but he has done them.

He is now working on Faulks road that leads directly to Enugu-ph express-way from Brass junction ......

Though he has his lapses, but had it been OUK and TA did as little as he has done for 16 yrs......

There is no lasting legacy of OUK or T.A you can point at in Aba, yet these men have truck loads of supporters.

Ike gwuru, Ndi ochu nta vote egbula anyi na this obodo.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by able20(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
donnie:
Sad. Abia government should visit this problem na.

No wonder Abians criticized the Abia- China $1.5b deal. See Reactions Here
So watin Fashola the super minister of works go do . na federal road o
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Vokians(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is a menace
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by kechywillz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ikpeazu can construct this road,later federal govt will reimburse him
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by donnie(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
able20:

So watin Fashola the super minister of works go do . na federal road o

they better take the bull by the horn o... az per Fasola, dem go wait taya.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by AlmajiriAboki: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
Southerners and their oil money
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
ipreach:
Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu visited that place and gave the people hope that he will fix it even though it is a Federal Road, when will that be?

Federal Government this is shameful and embarrassing.

Dont blame your Governor and Local Governments. Blame the Center as usual.

Useless Ostriches.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
ipreach:
Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu visited that place and gave the people hope that he will fix it even though it is a Federal Road, when will that be?

LAGOS DEVELOPER
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ozimec(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
ipreach:

A good job brother. Permit me to share on Facebook until it gets to the appropriate quarter.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by jolomiurenyi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
Godbless PMB..... Indeed the change is real..m
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Abagworo(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
Those calling out Ikpeazu are mad. If the past Governors did one or 2 roads things wouldn't be this bad. Well I acknowledge those building the houses there despite low accessibility from government neglect.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Emerituz(m): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
discusant:

Federal govt? Yes it's a federal road.

But while Nigeria lasts, Federal govt is busy building and expanding airports in Kaduna and Abuja in northern Nigeria that has the best of road networks, after federal govt built Kduana to Abuja Standard Gauge rail with $1.059 billion. Notwithstanding that Islamists have chased out most Christian Southerners from the north.

Break this most ugly country now!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Rubbishhhhh!
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by obyrich(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Lolest. I thought Jonathan was supposed to have made your dump an enviable haven. Whatappen?

The way you guys wanted to die on top the guy matter no be here at all.

Oya come and be going... you need to get to Otuoke tonight to lay the blame at the appropriate quarters.
Gej inherited that road in its current state of dilapidation. He failed to fix it. His tenure is gone. Buhari has the opportunity of fixing it or join the queues of failed leaders as far as residents of that area is concerned.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by obyrich(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Lolest. I thought Jonathan was supposed to have made your dump an enviable haven. Whatappen?

The way you guys wanted to die on top the guy matter no be here at all.

Oya come and be going... you need to get to Otuoke tonight to lay the blame at the appropriate quarters.
Gej inherited that road in its current state of dilapidation. He failed to fix it. His tenure is gone. Buhari has the opportunity of fixing it or join the queues of failed leaders as far as residents of that area are concerned.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by GuntersChain(m): 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

but you know we are not in a sane environment. am saying this because av seen roads that spoil like this in my area and b4 you know over ten tipper of broken blocks are bought by one MAN to fill it. many other household by thier own and contribute until the road is fixed. no tym to wait for government.

Of what use is a government if you provide yourself with road, water n shelter.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by gbegemaster(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
adetayo234:

Please what happened to Mr Positive Mentality in 2015? Didn't Buhari still win despite the "fragmented" south and the "ununited" north?
I think the question is what are YOU willing to do oga?

What is your role in the future of Nigeria?
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by jude90(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
this is so bad
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by lexsals4real(m): 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
quote author=lilytender post=55643635]Please note that Buhari will never ever fix that road. Your brother the ineffectual buffoon and his gang of 40 thieves was there for 6 years and your party PDP was there for 16 years. If this road was not fixed then, then it will never be fixed by Buhari. Kindly tell imPatience Jonathan to give you out of the $21 million in Skye bank to fix this road or James Ibori your latest Chief to give you few millions of dollars from the several billions he stole.

If you mention Buhari again, I will send thunder to fire all of you.[/quote]Well said tell them..up GEJ..
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ElsonMorali: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
obyrich:
Gej inherited that road in its current state of dilapidation. He failed to fix it. His tenure is gone. Buhari has the opportunity of fixing it or join the queues of failed leaders as far as residents of that area are concerned.

Well, till 2019.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ElsonMorali: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Senorprinz:

lolz, they should just convert the road to an inland waterway route, since they are'nt ready to fix it.

Lolest. cheesy cheesy
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ElsonMorali: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Kakamorufu:
and drone shots cheesy

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ElsonMorali: 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
master:
This comment represents the dullness that has plagued this government. The road is bad. Yet we shouldn't blame Buhari, we should blame the Ex-president.

I blamed the Ex-president for a lot of failures in his government but I never knew that a much more greater failure was on his way. Buhari's failure is legendary and has occurred twice.

Congratulations to him.

Story!

You all were busy deifying Jonathan when he was President.

Now you realize he scammed you you are now weeping.

Aanyway, I'm sure you guys have federal legislators. Do the needful.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by IADEJOH: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
Leadership fiasco in Nigeria. The issue is never with inadequate fund for this project.

Nigeria leaders are kleptomaniac. Tendencies to perform is very low.

If we stop hailing them and perpetually demand a better society, they will seat up.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by osazsky(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
I tire for pple here or u nor read were dem say d road has never been fixed from inception. Y blaming gej. Is he still d president. The last time I checked bubu was our president till January 20 before osibanjo took over. Osibanjo has been running dis country and he his trying his best. Buhari tenure ended in 20 January 2017.from all indication buhari does not know what's happening in Nigeria. Dat is y EFCC did not brief him before embarking on raiding ikoyi hotel. He knows nothing he is just a symbol. A sleeping president
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by Nationale: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Abagworo:
Those calling out Ikpeazu are mad. If the past Governors did one or 2 roads things wouldn't be this bad. Well I acknowledge those building the houses there despite low accessibility from government neglect.

They are not mad. Assuming you have your means of livelihood around there you would not be ranting. You guys are busy mentioning roads that are barely a kilometer and some of them not helping the traffic situation in the State. Just imaging doing only drainage for more than two years along Aba/Owerri road. Can't you guys see that those rods poking out of the unfinished drainage are death traps.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by dvee2: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
discusant:

Federal govt? Yes it's a federal road.

But while Nigeria lasts, Federal govt is busy building and expanding airports in Kaduna and Abuja in northern Nigeria that has the best of road networks, after federal govt built Kduana to Abuja Standard Gauge rail with $1.059 billion. Notwithstanding that Islamists have chased out most Christian Southerners from the north.

Break this most ugly country now!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

What happened when your retardeen ineffectual buffon hero was president for six years? Jonah our hero should have built the road na? Buhari even tried for paying money for the completion of 2nd niger bridge.
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by dvee2: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
osazsky:
I tire for pple here or u nor read were dem say d road has never been fixed from inception. Y blaming gej. Is he still d president. The last time I checked bubu was our president till January 20 before osibanjo took over. Osibanjo has been running dis country and he his trying his best. Buhari tenure ended in 20 January 2017.from all indication buhari does not know what's happening in Nigeria. Dat is y EFCC did not brief him before embarking on raiding ikoyi hotel. He knows nothing he is just a symbol. A sleeping president

Bubu is not your president. Your president Nnamdi Kanu is at KUJE PRISON. Biafrad!!!!!
Re: Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:08am On Apr 18, 2017
ipreach:

Direct your anger to GEJ, He was in power for 5yrs and could not fix the road and you guys still support him blindly and still hating the Govt of the day..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Nursing Mother And Her Baby Join EndSARS Protest (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.