Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. (6821 Views)

Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Attitude To Work: Love What You Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by bauer00: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ezra and Thomas joined a company together a few months after their graduation from university.

After a few years of work, their Manager promoted Ezra to a position of Senior Sales Manager, but Thomas remained in his entry level Junior Sales Officer position. Thomas developed a sense of jealousy and disgruntlement, but continued working anyway.

One day Thomas felt that he could not work with Ezra anymore. He wrote his resignation letter, but before he submitted it to the Manager, he complained that Management did not value hard working staff, but only promoted only the favoured!

The Manager knew that Ezra worked very hard for the years he had spent at the company; even harder than Thomas and therefore he deserved the promotion. So in order to help Thomas to realize this, the Manager gave Thomas a task.

————————————————-

“Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”

Thomas returned and said, “yes there is someone!”

The Manager asked, “how much per kg?” Thomas drove back to town to ask and then returned to inform the Manager; “they are R13.50 per kg!”

The Manager told Thomas, “I will give Ezra the same task that I gave you. Please pay close attention to his response!”

So the Manager said to Ezra, in the presence of Thomas; “Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”

——————————————–

Ezra went to find out and on his return he said:
“Manager, there is only one person selling water melons in the whole town. The cost is R49.00 each water melon and R32,50 for a half melon. He sells them at R13.50 per kg when sliced. He has in his stock 93 melons, each one weighing about 7kg. He has a farm and can supply us with melons for the next 4 months at a rate of 102 melons per day at R27.00 per melon; this includes delivery.
The melons appear fresh and red with good quality, and they taste better than the ones we sold last year.
He has his own slicing machine and is willing to slice for us free of charge.
We need to strike a deal with him before 10am tomorrow and we will be sure of beating last year’s profits in melons by R223 000.00. This will contribute positively to our overall performance as it will add a minimum of 3.78% to our current overall sales target.
I have put this information down in writing and can be available on spreadsheet. Please let me know if you need it as I can send it to you in fifteen minutes.”

Thomas was very impressed and realized the difference between himself and Ezra. He decided not to resign but to learn from Ezra.

As we begin this fresh year, let this story help us keep in mind the importance of going an extra mile in all our endeavors.

You won’t be rewarded for doing what you’re meant to do, you only get a salary for that! You’re only ​rewarded​ for going an extra mile; performing beyond expectations.

To be successful in life you must be observant, proactive and willing to do more, think more, a more holistic perspective and go beyond the call of duty.

May you be blessed with a better perspective to your work this year.

*Greater life needs this mentality of going an extra mile, As Husband’s, mothers, children; Let’s go an extra mile in all our endeavour..

Let us always have this in our minds…
The reason why some employers do not like workers is that workers do only what they are told to do..
They don’t put in their own initiatives.. Investors put in whatever it takes wherever they are, even if they find themselves as employees, or as entrepreneurs or self-employed..
They go extra miles to get things “Better done”..

That is why employers love investors.

http://agapedev.com.ng/2017/02/28/a-lesson-on-attitude-to-work/#more-94

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by gaudyangel(f): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2017
Right
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Kalman(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Achieving altitude at works depends on you Political and people skills and nothing more. Period.

3 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by oladedeb: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2017
FTC things
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by olulove(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2017
Very insightful....
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by JoNach: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
So so on point!!!
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by BedLam: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2017
Too early to read things like this when you work for yourself. #yinmu!
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by DrUche3(m): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2017
Simply cool and very true!
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by pmatchuks: 8:00am On Apr 18, 2017
On point!! Ezra is a smart worker not just working hard but working smartly food for taught!!
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by samchima5(m): 8:04am On Apr 18, 2017
So so inspiring.
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Profcamsey(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2017
story. There are people who don't stress themselves with workload and they get promoted back to back or nail exams.
Life is destiny

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Headlaw(m): 8:24am On Apr 18, 2017
Cool point Spotted. Meanwhile, breaking news!!! The public holiday has been extended, the moon got missing..... don't ask me how?
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 18, 2017
Heh. Some ogas call all that over syllabus

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 18, 2017
Profcamsey:
story. There are people who don't stress themselves with workload and they get promoted back to back or nail exams.
Life is destiny

Lazy man thinking

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Also applicable to life in general your altitude towards life determines how far you will go in life, is not about what happens but how you think and respond

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Rapmoney(m): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Thought I have seen this post before
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by spanzed(m): 8:43am On Apr 18, 2017
I totally agree with you...Nice piece
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Kakayaraznits(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2017
Good write up @op.
But it depends on your place of work and how they value your initiative. I once used my initiative and my personal money to collect info for a presentation and my former boss nagged that who authorized me simply because I asked for refund of my expenses. Do I need an authorization before preparing a monthly presentation which is part of my job task.
Some Bosses feel pained when you use your initiative without their authorization.

3 Likes

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by BBBlaze: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2017
Moral:
"go the extra mile, it is less crowded"
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by lonelydora: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2017
How many times will this make front page?
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by lonelydora: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2017
Kakayaraznits:
Good write up @op.
But it depends on your place of work and how they value your initiative. I once used my initiative and my personal money to collect info for a presentation and my former boss nagged that who authorized me simply because I asked for refund of my expenses. Do I need an authorization before preparing a monthly presentation which is part of my job task.
Some Bosses feel pained when you use your initiative without their authorization.

Exactly. It depends on your place of work. In mine, it's only the person the boss wants to promote gets promoted no matter how lousy or hardworking he is.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by femynho(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2017
Rapmoney:
Thought I have seen this post before

copy and paste without giving credit to the originator.
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by 400billionman: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Ezra is intelligent. Positive attitude is good.
Work hard, think hard, keep wake while others sleep.

For those in business, fear is the greatest obstacle to progress.

Fear Not..

Courage is not the absence of threat. But the realization that fear is useless because fear cannot eliminate the source of threat..
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by fufuNegusi(m): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2017
You are not the original owner of this write up

I have read it at quora before

This is plagiarism undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Rick9(m): 10:22am On Apr 18, 2017
Nice
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by Rick9(m): 10:22am On Apr 18, 2017
fufuNegusi:

I hate plagiarism, with a passion.
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by lavenjcrown(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2017
nice one, lesson learnt.
bauer00:
Ezra and Thomas joined a company together a few months after their graduation from university.

After a few years of work, their Manager promoted Ezra to a position of Senior Sales Manager, but Thomas remained in his entry level Junior Sales Officer position. Thomas developed a sense of jealousy and disgruntlement, but continued working anyway.

One day Thomas felt that he could not work with Ezra anymore. He wrote his resignation letter, but before he submitted it to the Manager, he complained that Management did not value hard working staff, but only promoted only the favoured!

The Manager knew that Ezra worked very hard for the years he had spent at the company; even harder than Thomas and therefore he deserved the promotion. So in order to help Thomas to realize this, the Manager gave Thomas a task.

————————————————-

The Manager asked, “how much per kg?” Thomas drove back to town to ask and then returned to inform the Manager; “they are R13.50 per kg!”

The Manager told Thomas, “I will give Ezra the same task that I gave you. Please pay close attention to his response!”

So the Manager said to Ezra, in the presence of Thomas; “Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”

——————————————–

“Manager, there is only one person selling water melons in the whole town. The cost is R49.00 each water melon and R32,50 for a half melon. He sells them at R13.50 per kg when sliced. He has in his stock 93 melons, each one weighing about 7kg. He has a farm and can supply us with melons for the next 4 months at a rate of 102 melons per day at R27.00 per melon; this includes delivery.
The melons appear fresh and red with good quality, and they taste better than the ones we sold last year.
We need to strike a deal with him before 10am tomorrow and we will be sure of beating last year’s profits in melons by R223 000.00. This will contribute positively to our overall performance as it will add a minimum of 3.78% to our current overall sales target.
I have put this information down in writing and can be available on spreadsheet. Please let me know if you need it as I can send it to you in fifteen minutes.”

Thomas was very impressed and realized the difference between himself and Ezra. He decided not to resign but to learn from Ezra.

As we begin this fresh year, let this story help us keep in mind the importance of going an extra mile in all our endeavors.

You won’t be rewarded for doing what you’re meant to do, you only get a salary for that! You’re only ​rewarded​ for going an extra mile; performing beyond expectations.

To be successful in life you must be observant, proactive and willing to do more, think more, a more holistic perspective and go beyond the call of duty.

*Greater life needs this mentality of going an extra mile, As Husband’s, mothers, children; Let’s go an extra mile in all our endeavour..

The reason why some employers do not like workers is that workers do only what they are told to do..
They don’t put in their own initiatives.. Investors put in whatever it takes wherever they are, even if they find themselves as employees, or as entrepreneurs or self-employed..

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by sirwhyteB(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2017
May God bless you for this writeup. It's highly motivating
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by permit(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2017
bauer00:

————————————————-

——————————————–

You won’t be rewarded for doing what you’re meant to do, you only get a salary for that! You’re only rewarded for going an extra mile; performing beyond expectations.

,please u deserve ben a public speaker, may i'll always wait 4 ur epistles or episods

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by vislabraye(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kakayaraznits:
Good write up @op.

Actually, some people will think you're doing ITK while some would appreciate an extra effort. I've worked in a school with a lot if workload that there's no extra effort to give.
Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by vislabraye(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
fufuNegusi:

He should have the courtesy of giving kudos to the originator. Bad attitude from the Op. The fact that he used Rand in the first place tells us that he copied and paste it.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Work Determines Your Altitude. by bauer00: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
vislabraye:

He should have the courtesy of giving kudos to the originator. Bad attitude from the Op. The fact that he used Rand in the first place tells us that he copied and paste it.

Jeez!!don't you see the link below it,am not going to take credit for what is not mine.namaste

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Skills Do I Need To Establish A Career As A Research Analyst? / Inec Voters Registration Staff Recruitment / Aggrieved Workers Threaten To Shut Down MTN Call Centres In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.