Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau (564 Views)

Fire Guts Ibrahim Shekarau's House In Kano State. Photos / Kwankwaso Visits Ibrahim Shekarau In Abuja (Photos) / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by kahal29: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
Former Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, has lauded the anti corruption fight by President Muhammadu Buhari, describing it as a good omen.

The former Kano State governor, made this disclosure to newsmen in Sokoto on Monday.

Shekarau said: ” The efforts by the president to fight corruption in all its ramifications is good for Nigeria.

”Anybody, who gets any money fraudulently should be arrested, thoroughly investigated and prosecuted.
”I am a strong advocate of anti corruption fight, as I set up an anti corruption and public complaints commission in Kano State in 2005″.

The chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), however, cautioned against selective justice in the anti corruption war.

Shekarau further urged that ”nobody should be above the law in this direction; there should also be respect, adherence and respect for the rule of law.

”You are innocent until you are proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt,” the former minister added.

On security, Shekarau called for improved funding of the nation’s security agencies.

This, he noted, would ensure the provision of ultramodern weapons, logistics, training, retraining, as well as the need to improve their welfare.

On agriculture, the former governor called for the reintroduction of commodity boards in the country.

He said: ”This will add value to farming, boost food security and encourage farmers.

”Food security is next to nothing and any nation that fails to provide it remains weak and vulnerable”.

On politics, Shekarau said,”PDP will bounce back and reclaim its lost glory in 2019”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/buharis-anti-corruption-fight-good-omen-nigeria-shekarau/

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by LionDeLeo: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wailers will be confused. They will be like "you mean you are against corruption"?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by dukie25: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
PDP chieftains are always so statesman like. During PDP regime no APC member would have said such, it would have incurred instant dismissal from APC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by sarrki(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
One of the fraudsters that ruined Gej presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by sarrki(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
dukie25:
PDP chieftains are always so statesman like. During PDP regime no APC member would have said such, it would have incurred instant dismissal from APC.

Politicians are same across board

They are only concerned about their survival

They don't have party differences, religious or ethnic

The only enemy they have is the masses

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by mikeycharles(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
The fight against corruption should be commended by all but when it is done without following procedures, lacks transparency e.t.c it becomes nothing other than a scam.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by HITdemUP: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Although President Buhari's zeal to fight and curb corruption to a stand still hasn't yeild much fruitful result as many patriotic Nigerians has expected. . But I'm convinced he is on the right track. It's better to be late than never.
Note!!! I didn't join Nairaland to interchange abusive words with anyone. Please be diplomatic if you have any reasonable rebuttal to counter my opinion . #

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by sarrki(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
HITdemUP:
Although President Buhari's zeal to fight and curb corruption to a stand still hasn't yeild much fruitful result as many patriotic Nigerians has expected. . But I'm convinced he is on the right track. It's better to be late than never.
Note!!! I didn't join Nairaland to interchange abusive words with anyone. Please be diplomatic if you have any reasonable rebuttal to counter my opinion . #

You have spoken well

On this forum both for and against all want a greater Nigeria

But different approach

Welcome on board

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by tukdi: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

Politicians are same across board
They are only concerned about their survival
They don't have party differences, religious or ethnic
The only enemy they have is the masses
Sometimes I wonder whether your account has been hacked! grin
Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by bennybaba(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
angry angry angry

Re: Buhari’s Anti Corruption Fight Good Omen For Nigeria – Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau by HITdemUP: 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
sarrki:

You have spoken well
On this forum both for and against all want a greater Nigeria
But different approach
Welcome on board
*+HANDSHAKE*+

(1) (Reply)

Congratulatory Message To Gov. David Nweze Umahi-eze Dr. Moses O. Ngele / . / #chibokgirls: See Names Of Newly Released 82 Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.