Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree (36489 Views)

Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) / The Transformation Photos Of A Once Malnourished Child / Children Suffering From Meningitis Lying On The Floor In Zamfara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by bossvic: 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
David Emmanuel Umem, founder and Executive Director of African Children's Aid and Development Foundation and husband of Danish aid worker Anja Ringgren Loven, last Saturday rushed to the rescue of a child who was severely tortured and left on the streets of Eket in Akwa Ibom State.

The girl, who looked malnourished is in critical condition and fighting for her life in a hospital. Meanwhile, investigation is ongoing to find the people behind the attack. Below is the post published by Ms Loven

"As I told you, on Saturday morning David Emmanuel Umem rushed out from our center because he got a phone call about a girl who was seen lying on the street in a very critical state. David rushed her to the hospital and reported the case to the police.
Our own nurse Rose Efiok came to the hospital very short after and has been with the girl ever since. The police are involved helping us to solve the case so I cannot go into a lot of details. This is also why I have marked her face.
All I can say now is that the girl has been abused and is suffering from tremendous pains. The girl has parents so we are likely not going to take her to our center but at this moment we are paying for all her treatments.
We are working hard with the police to find the people or person who did this so we can make sure they being held responsible for their cruel actions. We are fighting for justice"

http://trendshood.com/2017/04/photos-malnourished-child-brutally-tortured-abused-left-lying-street-akwa-ibom/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by bossvic: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
CC: Lalasticlala

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
what a pity, probably accused of being a witch... great job from you, more Grace.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by goodmorning40: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
She must have been locked up for months for the cure of witchcraft

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by maryjan8(f): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
God bless you!

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by mexxmoney: 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
They must have accused her of being a witch and then her parents just lose all natural love for her and start a barbaric and brutal torture regime to exorcise her. Africa!!!!! Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery be it by traditional priests or Some so called religious leaders and end the stupidity

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by Minvinh: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Bad

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by chrisxxx(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
What the Bleep is going on in Akwa Ibom State? Do they need another Mary Slessor?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by ednut1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
i tot Mary Slessor enlightened these people

14 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by smartty68(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
Some Akwa Ibom people with their dark brain and stupidity of the highest order go say na winch she be nait make her parents reject her.

Behaving like animals and them get the highest number of mad people for their community because of rejections from uncles, parents, community all in the name of witchcraftcy. Barbaric sets of tribe. Thank God for the Samaritan.

I dey vex abeg make no body hold me o lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by scampy(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is very bad

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by oviejnr(m): 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
I wont be surprised if she was accused of been possessed with witchcraft, thats what Akwa ibom people are known for and sex machineries. I served there so dont ask why !!! Poor girl, I hope they'll find out how she ended up on the street. sad cry

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by deliveryboy: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
The problem of child-witch has lingered for more than necessary, I wonder why children would be subjected to dehumanising treatments because they have lazy adults who wasted their youthful years. What bothers me more is the silence of child rights groups,vocal human rights fighters such as Stella Damascus, Ben Murray Bruce et al. neither have I seen any expository movie done by nollywood to bring this issue to the front burner like they have done in the past. Also, religious preachers must stop accusing children falsely (yes falsely because most of these pastors don't see any of those things they claim to see spiritually) in order to prove the efficacy of their powers, they have caused more divisions in families than uniting them. Lastly, the law must bear its full weight on anyone found guilty of killing or maltreating any child they suspect of witchcraft.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by angelo5uk(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
Terrible..... Some people have lost touch with humanity.
Can you do this to your child..can you allow your child to be treated this way.. .. If you can't then why do it to another persons child

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by herkeym001(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
Thank You. You're now noticed.
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by zainabxel(f): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is some f**ked up sh!t

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by bomasek(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
She left the coven meeting late and crash landed, a bat that turned to human.
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by girlhaley(f): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
Oh Africa
.... This girl will cursed the day she was brought into this planet

Poor little child. I'm sure they accused her of witchcraft, Her parent must be mentally deranged.

Pray she survive the Tortures melted on her by some delusional beings

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by whizbee(m): 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Nigeria will know peace when her citizens ditches religious doctrines for compassion and right doing.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
Some people need to be sterilised/chemically castrated because they are unfit to bring children into the world. Animals

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
undecided
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by 0955eb027(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
What is with Akwa Ibom and their backward thinking?
Always in the news for the wrong reason.
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by cr7rooney10(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
Where isdia world heading
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by chubbygal(f): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
Akwa ibom always hitting FP for wrong reason.. ... And some people are making money from witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by SeniorZato(m): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is the worst post of the week
Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by twheeny(f): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
So pathetic!!
The poor girl cry

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by holatimmy(f): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
Gone are those days when human were humane

Now it's all inhumane human

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by Nigeriadondie: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
Anja and her husband are really doing a great job that deserves our collective support. May God bless them all and may God spare the life of this poor little girl. Where the govt has failed we need to come together to help and support one another. As a parent I feel really hurt. The govt doesnt value our lives and the lives of its kids. This state obviously has a ministry of Women Affairs and also Child welfare at LGAs.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by FriendNG: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
This cannot be. I thought the south are saint. Malnourished? In Paradise of the world (South). North is backward we need to drag them into 2017. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree by webngnews: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
wicked world

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors / Help! I Will Be Having Hemorrhoids (pile) Surgery In Few Days / Carpenter electrocuted while working in Delta State (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.